Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Another Spritely Question

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Hi,
I have been trying very hard to get spritely on my pets. I have hatched with others that have spritely, trained, all that. I tried three starfish in attempt of getting spritely with no success. I have tried on two krakens and one ice kraken with an ice wyvern parent that has spritely and still no success! It is stressing me out. I have spent a lot of gold, waiting long amounts of time, and wasted my energy in the game through training pets.
I hatched with a Fierce hound and my ice kraken(Fierce hound with Spritely) and got a Fierce hound as well. Everyone else I know with a fierce hound that has Spritely got the talent at teen. I just leveled him up to teen, and instead of spritely talent it gave me storm giver. Does this mean this pet can not get spritely? Are there any methods(besides hatching with more pets that have spritely) to get the talent? Please Answer!!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
A pet may not always get spritely at teen, it might get spritely at adult, ancient, or even epic.

If you are only taking pets to teen or adult, that does not mean they wont learn spritely, they still can. The only way to know for sure, is to take the pet all the way to epic.

You are doing things correctly, if you keep hatching with pets that have the spritely talent manifested, but you have to keep training them to Epic, not just teen or adult and then quit.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

With some of my pets, the spritely talent didn't show up until they were adults. I purchased a wolfhound pet for one of my wizards and was very fortunate in finding someone who wanted one too. We hatched my hound with her fairy and the spritely trait showed up at adult with this hybrid hound. I then hatched this hyrid with another stonger spritely pet and got a better spritely wolfhound.
So far, I've hatched a couple more times and gotten even better spritely wolfhounds, but with different other traits. lol The big plus is that I love hounds!

I've tried and tried with a Dread Grimoire pet to get spritely and still haven't received that trait.

So, my question is, are there just some pets more likely of having the spritely trait showing up than others?

Survivor
Jul 10, 2011
I followed the advice given to me by another player and got sprite on two pets now. He said, when training your pet, work on maxing out agility and will first. Those are the skills that give health and are more likely to produce sprite or unicorn. Then, of course, be sure to hatch with a pet that offers sprite already. Hope it works for you like it did for me!

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
Thank you everyone for the reply. The fierce hound got spritely talent at adult, thankfully. But it hardly ever heals me. I know there is only a 10% chance of him healing me and I am not really surprised. But with one of my friend's spritely pet(starfish), it heals him every time he attacks, gets hit, etc. So if you don't mind answering another question, I would like to know: If every pet is supposed to have the same chances of healing you, then why do some seem to heal more than others?
Again, Thanks everyone for replying.
See you all in the game!
-Benjamin StormDust, Level 71 Diviner(Almost 72!)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
SirBdawg1999 wrote:
Thank you everyone for the reply. The fierce hound got spritely talent at adult, thankfully. But it hardly ever heals me. I know there is only a 10% chance of him healing me and I am not really surprised. But with one of my friend's spritely pet(starfish), it heals him every time he attacks, gets hit, etc. So if you don't mind answering another question, I would like to know: If every pet is supposed to have the same chances of healing you, then why do some seem to heal more than others?
See you all in the game!

There is a lot of speculation about spritely. Lots of people say lots of different things. So, unless you are a programmer that works for spritely, nothing is factual and it's all speculation.

Here is my best guess from my observations.

Spritely has been changed from it's original release. Some people have claimed that it was casting too much. So, KI made some spritely pets have certain triggers, while others have other triggers. Some will cast spritely more during ice attacks, some cast more during fire attacks, some cast more during storm attacks. It does not mean that it wont cast during other attacks, but the chances have been substancially lowered on other attacks.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

I found, in my case, that my spritely pets will cast it more often the older they are. If you work your fierce hound up to ancient, it may cast more often. I've had my pets stand there, wagging their tails and watch me get defeated before. I've also had them go insane and repeatedly cast it even though I'm at full health. A tip I got from another wizard is that when your pet casts spritely, praise it. I usually just use the menu chat; it seems to work.

Defender
May 15, 2010
SirBdawg1999 wrote:
See you all in the game!
I guess their pet is just feeling good or something. Sometimes my Snake in a Basket will cast a whole bunch in a row. Other times, it barely ever does. If I am correct, there is a 30% it will heal you at any time in a duel. Train it to Epic, and it may cast it more, I'm clueless about that one, though. If not, it gives more things. Now that it learned spritely, find another talent to rant about. No offense, hehe