Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Comment on the new Guardian Spirit spell...

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Just wanted to say thanks KI for finally giving life a good PvP spell. We rock now! Please don't ever change this spell.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
You don't want it to change because you life wizards are stacking your decks with this card, and most of you are using elucidate on it, making the pips fewer. Not to mention life wizards gear gives them a huge boost on healing, so all you got to do is heal, die, come back from the dead, and use the spell again. Repeat repeat repeat. It is really an unfair spell in pvp period.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
jakehjk3 wrote:
You don't want it to change because you life wizards are stacking your decks with this card, and most of you are using elucidate on it, making the pips fewer. Not to mention life wizards gear gives them a huge boost on healing, so all you got to do is heal, die, come back from the dead, and use the spell again. Repeat repeat repeat. It is really an unfair spell in pvp period.

The spell is fine, and it's about time life gets a spell that is good in 1v1. And what about other schools like storm and balance? They stack their decks with tempest and judgement. It's hard for life wizards to win duels, since we dont have strong damage spells or over time spells to remove shields. With Guardian spirit, life has become better in pvp.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
aless2209 wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:

The spell is fine, and it's about time life gets a spell that is good in 1v1. And what about other schools like storm and balance? They stack their decks with tempest and judgement. It's hard for life wizards to win duels, since we dont have strong damage spells or over time spells to remove shields. With Guardian spirit, life has become better in pvp.

Balance and Storm spam Tempest and Judgement? Are you sure? I'm Balance, and have few Balance friends, but I find that none of them use Judgement, and Storm wizards usually use Storm Lord or Sirens in 4v4, and never end up using Tempest in 1v1. But what I really don't like is the jump that Life has gotten ever since level 70. Oh well, I guess it's time for Life to go above Balance and Death, and get near Ice :D

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
aless2209 wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:

----------------------------------------

I got one question, do you even PVP at level 70 or level 80, I would question if you do? Do you have any wizards besides a life, I doubt that you do?

Fire was hard to beat to start with, now with being able to unlease all of a Critical Heckhound in two rounds, you have no chance of winning a match.

Both of Balance spells are conditional, in one you have to have an aura up, and the second, if the Wizard plays there pips on a hit, Balance loses 5 pips.

Storm got an edge, as they can slow down attacks, and they really needed that edge, imo.

Life, was already a monster in PvP, in case you didn't know that. The only Wizards that stood a good chance was Fire and Balance. They could shut down any DOT spell, with Triage. The Ganome spell dropped two Life Dispels, stopping any school but Balance and Death from Healing.
That spell can easily do 2000 damage with mild buffs even at 40 percent resist.
Now add on to that a Life Wizard can go from Dead to 1800 or more life, and it make PvP not worth doing anymore.
I am leaving the game at the end of August when I leave home. As this spell has convinced me, that KI does not care or think at all about PVP or the absurbed spells it creates and it total effect.

Joe.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
If I understand the spell right then they should come back to life with 25%of their health. I believe this is fair but if that 25% is raised due to healing boosts I think that is cheap due to the fact that this spell goes by prevents not healing points.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Lion359 wrote:
aless2209 wrote:
jakehjk3 wrote:

----------------------------------------

I got one question, do you even PVP at level 70 or level 80, I would question if you do? Do you have any wizards besides a life, I doubt that you do?

Fire was hard to beat to start with, now with being able to unlease all of a Critical Heckhound in two rounds, you have no chance of winning a match.

Both of Balance spells are conditional, in one you have to have an aura up, and the second, if the Wizard plays there pips on a hit, Balance loses 5 pips.

Storm got an edge, as they can slow down attacks, and they really needed that edge, imo.

Life, was already a monster in PvP, in case you didn't know that. The only Wizards that stood a good chance was Fire and Balance. They could shut down any DOT spell, with Triage. The Ganome spell dropped two Life Dispels, stopping any school but Balance and Death from Healing.
That spell can easily do 2000 damage with mild buffs even at 40 percent resist.
Now add on to that a Life Wizard can go from Dead to 1800 or more life, and it make PvP not worth doing anymore.
I am leaving the game at the end of August when I leave home. As this spell has convinced me, that KI does not care or think at all about PVP or the absurbed spells it creates and it total effect.

Joe.

First of all, I have a life, myth and balance, and they're all warlords.
Life was never a "monster" in pvp. Our only good spell is gnomes and it takes 9 pips to use. Gnomes isnt even that strong anymore if you shield.

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
what i believe is they should change the system so that any one can learn it because thats what me and a ton of my friends were hoping for but we were disapointed when we found out we could not get guardian sprite and shift and such with every one getting those spells things would be fair and make things more interesting everywhere but that did not happen

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
The spell is highly overpowered and this is coming from a life wizard. As a pvp commander ( close to warlord ) I expect a challenge and long enough battles. Recently, I've decided to use guardian spirit to see how it did in PvP. May I say it was the worst move KI has ever put into Wizard101. Not only can this spell bring you back to life for 5 pips after you die, its also castable on anyone, heal boosts are included, and perhaps worst of all it can critical. I had a pvp match with a myth today and at the beginning I used guardian spirit and got a lucky critical. I decided to slack off seeing as I don't need to try since I pretty much have a guaranteed revive. I didn't even attack at all when he killed me the first time, he just blew through his blades and shields ( and quite a few treasures ). When I revived I simply shielded and cast guardian spirit ( another critical look at that ) again this time though I managed to hit him with one gnome before I died. He basically just blew through more spells and even a minion. This time when I revived he couldn't find a decent spell and had wasted most of his blades and nearly all of his shields it wasn't hard to find a gnome boost it and simply kill him. Not a challenge at all. Clearly when this is coming from a life wizard you know this spell needs to be changed, at least KI made us have to start with 1 pip and no blades or shields.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
I quit PvP as of today because of the Guardian Spirit spell, the glitched double proof, double defy, double pain pets and the ability for people to intimidate and say whatever they want to on the sidelines in a hostile manner. I can't even say gg any more because of the chance that some unbalanced bitter and angry person will attack me with words. There is no good gamesmanship with a lot of people. Many have no boundaries and no sense of being respectful to each other. Life was already ridiculous with Gnomes dropping 2 dispels plus all the healing power with rebirths one after the other. Try getting hit with 2 Gnomes, that's 4 dispels to contend with. Now they can come back from the dead after you defeat them over and over again? Really? Do the people at Kingsisle even play the game, I wonder. I know there's no crying in PvP but well, that's me crying. lol

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
aless2209"First of all, I have a life, myth and balance, and they're all warlords.
Life was never a "monster" in pvp. Our only good spell is gnomes and it takes 9 pips to use. Gnomes isnt even that strong anymore if you shield."

aless2209,

Your flat out wrong, Life became a monster when it got gnomes, to all wizards but Balance and Death (and maybe life). Those double Life dispells stopped all healing, and that combined with a dose of infection was a dooms day sentence for Myth, Fire, Storm, and Ice. If life was played correctly, using the Myth Amulet, it was unstoppable from first. Darn hard to beat even if it was second, it was only the novice that couldn't win with Life.

Better reread what Birthdaygirl and DarkestMask have stated, it facts.

The 25% should have locked out gear boost and critical, this way it is absolutely insane. If you really believe what you stated, then you must have got to warlord on a Puppet team, cause you sure didn't on 1v1 like I did.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
aless2209"First of all, I have a life, myth and balance, and they're all warlords.
Life was never a "monster" in pvp. Our only good spell is gnomes and it takes 9 pips to use. Gnomes isnt even that strong anymore if you shield."

aless2209,

Your flat out wrong, Life became a monster when it got gnomes, to all wizards but Balance and Death (and maybe life). Those double Life dispells stopped all healing, and that combined with a dose of infection was a dooms day sentence for Myth, Fire, Storm, and Ice. If life was played correctly, using the Myth Amulet, it was unstoppable from first. Darn hard to beat even if it was second, it was only the novice that couldn't win with Life.

The 25% should have locked out gear boost and critical, this way it is absolutely insane. If you really believe what you stated, then you must have got to warlord on a Puppet team, cause you sure didn't on 1v1 like I did.

Joe.

Gnomes eh? A 9 pip spell that is very obvious when it is about to be used. Any good PvPer has Life Dispels, correct? There are also life shields and minions, while Life has no own 4 pip AoE. Life also has no DoT spell.

So, how come it is fair for everyother school to get 1 great overpowered spell, but not life?

Did you know that Doom & Gloom, infection & mass infection greatly effect the casting of this spell? Did you know that life dispels also prevent the casting of life spells and make the player lose their pips?

So, people are saying, this spell needs to be reduced. It already is, it's only 25%. Now, if you have doom & goom -75%, infection - another 50%, mass infection - another 50%. Hmmm, maybe my wand could take them out now. Oh wait, are there not treasure card infections? I think there is. WoW, I can breathe on them and they will fall over. Yeah, overpowered. Every school is overpowered, but we can't let life have any overpowered spell, just the other schools.

Sorry, but I disagree with everyone complaining about this spell. Again, your strategy is at fault, not the spell.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Darthjt wrote "How can we allow every school to be OverPowered, but demand the 1 spell that finally makes life overpowered be changed? How is that fair? "

Darthjt,

Life got a great spell in gnomes, with the two life dispells, that is a great spell. With their critical rating, and damage, they can stand their ground against almost any wizard. Give them the Myth Amulet, and they can stand their ground with anyone. Gnomes has generated more Warlords than any other spell except may Heckhound and Wild bolt.
So don't give me that one good spell bit, cause I don't buy it at all.

Life can outheal anyone in the game, and they can be hard to bring down, you know it. I'm talking about the 1000 or better level, not at 500 to 900 group. Give any wizard the option of healing for 2000 for 5 pips after they have been defeated, during pvp and that is not right. A critical brings them up to close to 4000, sorry that is just wrong.
Not only is that wrong, but this extends the match way too long.
On your statement, use Infection, does no good at all, because they are lost the moment the Life Wizard dies.
Life dispel does not work, I tried it, you lose it when they die.

I hear you on the Doom and Gloom, but that doesn't work anymore, cause both life I just battled carried their aura. They make sure to cast it and keep casting it just before they die. So now the 2000 is closer to 3000 when they die.
This spell is just messed up, it's not a good spell for the longivity of PvP.
It has unbalanced PvP, because now, one out of seven wizards cannot be killed and can regenerate for 50 min to 100 % of full health.

I have no problem with the spell if it did what it is suppose to do, and that is bring the wizard back to 25% of it's health. They are dead, they have no critical, no boost, nothing, they should get back 25% of their health and that is it. This is fair, but what is happening now is not reasonable to any degree.

Think of this, 1.5 hour later, I get a Life to the point, where I can take them out, we are both down on health, and I am doing my final combo.
I take the Life wizard out, and have 250 health left, and no pips.
Spell takes affect, and now he has 1950 health plus, and I am at 250 health and no pips.
The battle has already taken over a hour and a half, and the life gets a power pips and heals, now at close to 3000 health. I am healing, after the next round, and am at 350 health, and can be taken out with any spell. (Exactly what happen in my last 1v1 fight).
I was able to stay alive long enough to get in a second heal, and finally made it back close to full health. At five pips, the life put his Super Life spell back up for a second time.
At 3 hour and 45 minutes I finally fled, this is just wrong. I don't care what stratergy you use, this is just wrong, it's not what the game has been about, it not what it should be about now.

You can defend the spell all you want, but I see even Nick on central had reservations on this spell, and now I really do. A turtle can get hammered with Shatter, but for Life it has become a "I can just outlast you forever to win my match". Bottom line is, this spell is bad news, just take a look at the level of PvP lately, it has really dropped at the upper levels.

No combo can be set up quickly after a combo was just done, to take out a 40% resist Life, at 2000 health. Stratergy or not, I really hope people really complain on this spell, it defeats the whole idea of the word areana.

Joe.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Joe stated,

"I hear you on the Doom and Gloom, but that doesn't work anymore, cause both life & I just battled carried their aura. They make sure to cast it and keep casting it just before they die. So now the 2000 is closer to 3000 when they die."

So, how is battling for the global any different from any school? Every school battles to keep theirs up, Ice, Fire, Storm, Death, and even life. The only school left out of this loop, is Balance.

Then Joe continues by saying,

"This spell is just messed up, it's not a good spell for the longivity of PvP.
It has unbalanced PvP, because now, one out of seven wizards cannot be killed and can regenerate for 50 min to 100 % of full health."

As opposed to every school having a life mastery amulet and healing with satyr, rebirth, regenerate? Except, this new spell, allows you to defeat their wizard and bring them back. Making life, do what it is intended to do, be life.

Joe then continues to state,

"I have no problem with the spell if it did what it is suppose to do, and that is bring the wizard back to 25% of it's health. They are dead, they have no critical, no boost, nothing, they should get back 25% of their health and that is it. This is fair, but what is happening now is not reasonable to any degree."

Yeah, hmm, I don't see why it's fair that storm has such a high power boost, or that Death can get full heals under Doom & Gloom, etc. Why should boosts ever effect spells? Oh me oh my oh. Another thing, why should other schools get healing boosts when they are not life? Do you see people complaining about that? If you are going to limit life, then Only life should be allowed healing boosts, incoming or outgoing, that would be only fair.

Joe continues even further, stating;

"Think of this, 1.5 hour later, I get a Life to the point, where I can take them out, we are both down on health, and I am doing my final combo.
Spell takes affect, and now he has 1950 health plus, and I am at 250 health and no pips. The battle has already taken over a hour and a half, and the life gets a power pips and heals, now at close to 3000 health. I am healing, after the next round, and am at 350 health, and can be taken out with any spell. (Exactly what happen in my last 1v1 fight)."

Sounds like PvP to me!

Joe finally concludes with;

"I was able to stay alive long enough to get in a second heal, and finally made it back close to full health. At five pips, the life put his Super Life spell back up for a second time.
At 3 hour and 45 minutes I finally fled, this is just wrong. I don't care what stratergy you use, this is just wrong, it's not what the game has been about, it not what it should be about now. "

So, you can stay alive for 3 hours and 45 minutes without this spell, have reshuffles, and are complaining because you have to battle for an aura? Battle for life shields? What exactly is your complaint? Because If you insist on limiting life, you have to then limit every school. No life boosts for any school but life, would you really want to take this road?

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Lion359 wrote:
Darthjt wrote "How can we allow every school to be OverPowered, but demand the 1 spell that finally makes life overpowered be changed? How is that fair? "

Darthjt,

Life got a great spell in gnomes, with the two life dispells, that is a great spell. With their critical rating, and damage, they can stand their ground against almost any wizard. Give them the Myth Amulet, and they can stand their ground with anyone. Gnomes has generated more Warlords than any other spell except may Heckhound and Wild bolt.
So don't give me that one good spell bit, cause I don't buy it at all.

Life can outheal anyone in the game, and they can be hard to bring down, you know it. I'm talking about the 1000 or better level, not at 500 to 900 group. Give any wizard the option of healing for 2000 for 5 pips after they have been defeated, during pvp and that is not right. A critical brings them up to close to 4000, sorry that is just wrong.
Not only is that wrong, but this extends the match way too long.
On your statement, use Infection, does no good at all, because they are lost the moment the Life Wizard dies.
Life dispel does not work, I tried it, you lose it when they die.

I hear you on the Doom and Gloom, but that doesn't work anymore, cause both life I just battled carried their aura. They make sure to cast it and keep casting it just before they die. So now the 2000 is closer to 3000 when they die.
This spell is just messed up, it's not a good spell for the longivity of PvP.
It has unbalanced PvP, because now, one out of seven wizards cannot be killed and can regenerate for 50 min to 100 % of full health.

I have no problem with the spell if it did what it is suppose to do, and that is bring the wizard back to 25% of it's health. They are dead, they have no critical, no boost, nothing, they should get back 25% of their health and that is it. This is fair, but what is happening now is not reasonable to any degree.

Think of this, 1.5 hour later, I get a Life to the point, where I can take them out, we are both down on health, and I am doing my final combo.
Spell takes affect, and now he has 1950 health plus, and I am at 250 health and no pips.
The battle has already taken over a hour and a half, and the life gets a power pips and heals, now at close to 3000 health. I am healing, after the next round, and am at 350 health, and can be taken out with any spell. (Exactly what happen in my last 1v1 fight).
I was able to stay alive long enough to get in a second heal, and finally made it back close to full health. At five pips, the life put his Super Life spell back up for a second time.
At 3 hour and 45 minutes I finally fled, this is just wrong. I don't care what stratergy you use, this is just wrong, it's not what the game has been about, it not what it should be about now.

You can defend the spell all you want, but I see even Nick on central had reservations on this spell, and now I really do. A turtle can get hammered with Shatter, but for Life it has become a "I can just outlast you forever to win my match". Bottom line is, this spell is bad news, just take a look at the level of PvP lately, it has really dropped at the upper levels.

No combo can be set up quickly after a combo was just done, to take out a 40% resist Life, at 2000 health. Stratergy or not, I really hope people really complain on this spell, it defeats the whole idea of the word areana.

Joe.

Do you know how many pips takes to cast gnomes? And the 2 dispels can easily taken out by a spritely pet, sprite treasure card, etc.
Guardian spirit is fine, just because you can't find a way to counter the spell, it doesnt mean it's overpowered.
A good pvper is always ready for everything.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
KI will do what they can, and think is rite, but for now they haven't

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Lion359 wrote:

aless2209,

Joe.

Gnomes eh? A 9 pip spell that is very obvious when it is about to be used. Any good PvPer has Life Dispels, correct? There are also life shields and minions, while Life has no own 4 pip AoE. Life also has no DoT spell.

So, how come it is fair for everyother school to get 1 great overpowered spell, but not life?

Did you know that Doom & Gloom, infection & mass infection greatly effect the casting of this spell? Did you know that life dispels also prevent the casting of life spells and make the player lose their pips?

So, people are saying, this spell needs to be reduced. It already is, it's only 25%. Now, if you have doom & goom -75%, infection - another 50%, mass infection - another 50%. Hmmm, maybe my wand could take them out now. Oh wait, are there not treasure card infections? I think there is. WoW, I can breathe on them and they will fall over. Yeah, overpowered. Every school is overpowered, but we can't let life have any overpowered spell, just the other schools.

Sorry, but I disagree with everyone complaining about this spell. Again, your strategy is at fault, not the spell.

Actually infections don't affect the spell and neither do dispels for all of those are taken off once you die, so really the only comeback is a doom and gloom.

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Oh btw my guardian spirit critical goes up to 4,900 because I wear the sword of kings that gives me 25% outgoing health boost, I make up for the block with crafted boots in Avalon that give 86.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
The spell is not bad at all. And if you ask me efreet isn't to much different than gnomes, except it does fire damage and does -90% weakness. I thought it was unfair. Changing it would make it unfair for the PvE only people. I'm pretty ok at PvP, and I've gotten beat a fair amount of times even with the Guardian Spirit. If you ask me, judgement is also unfair, as if heckhound and efreet, and snow angel and skeletal dragon if continually stacked. Plus, with storm's new heal they don't need life mastery anymore, so they can get a myth mastery amulet and earthquake, then take off the shields and zap you pretty hard. As for myth, they rule over the arena with the talos, medusa, and basilisk spells. You constantly get stunned by them and can't heal, and since myth has some good ways around shields, they can do some good damage to. Everyone has some decent spells now except life, and Guardian Spirit is it. Plus, with all the heal and triage treasure cards and everything, Guardian Spirit is the only spell that makes life life and separates it from the other schools who can easily satyr and rebirth with treasure cards. The spell is fine quit complaining about it.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
aless2209 wrote: "Do you know how many pips takes to cast gnomes? And the 2 dispels can easily taken out by a spritely pet, sprite treasure card, etc.
Guardian spirit is fine, just because you can't find a way to counter the spell, it doesnt mean it's overpowered.
A good pvper is always ready for everything. "

Aless2209,

Well let me guess, I would say maybe 9 pips, like all the other spells that came out at that time. Yes, the two dispels can be taken out by a spritely card, which loses the player two pips and two rounds doing that. Sometimes a pet will help and most of the time it won't. Those two rounds are
a huge lose, plus the two pips you have just lost.

A good pvper is always ready for Everything, but that's not really possible. You set up your deck to handle the most frequent battles you will face, you cannot cover them all. There is only one way to counter the spell, and it takes a perfect setup, and that to me means that it's the only Overpowered spell in the game.

So let me say this.......

Ok, take down my Life Wizard (I do have one by the way).

All I have to do is Heal, Shield, keep my Life
Aura up, and keep my new utility spell over my head.
I can stack my deck and TC side, to
make sure this can't be stopped.

I can heal for over 2000 each time you take me down.

I can heal for just about 2000 on a Satyr, or use
one power pip and heal for close to 1000.

I have the Myth Amulet, so I can use earthquake
to stop any blading.

There is no way you can hit me big enough to take me out
in one hit, without using Blades.
Earthquake can stop that, and my wand and one pip spell,
plus touch can keep Infection off of me.

Even if you use Infection or a life dispel, it will be lost the
moment I get taken out.

When I come back alive, I will have a Life Aura in my
hand to cast.

With Reshuffle, I can keep the battle going forever, no one can stop me.

You will flee sooner or later, but I won't because
I planned this type of battle.
All I need to do is outlast your TC,
and then you are at a huge disadvantage.

Yes, this is the new PVP at level 80,
just great isn't it?

Now everyone can make a Life Wizard and no one has
to fail at PvP.

In case you didn't realize it, Life is now truely Transcended
at level 80.

No other Wizard can claim this, only Life can,
but I will never know,
as I will not PvP my Life Wizard.
Why,................
it's just too unfair to all the
other Wizards out there.

Joe.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2008
Lion359 wrote:
aless2209 wrote: "Do you know how many pips takes to cast gnomes? And the 2 dispels can easily taken out by a spritely pet, sprite treasure card, etc.
A good pvper is always ready for everything. "

Aless2209,

Well let me guess, I would say maybe 9 pips, like all the other spells that came out at that time. Yes, the two dispels can be taken out by a spritely card, which loses the player two pips and two rounds doing that. Sometimes a pet will help and most of the time it won't. Those two rounds are
a huge lose, plus the two pips you have just lost.

A good pvper is always ready for Everything, but that's not really possible. You set up your deck to handle the most frequent battles you will face, you cannot cover them all. There is only one way to counter the spell, and it takes a perfect setup, and that to me means that it's the only Overpowered spell in the game.

So let me say this.......

Ok, take down my Life Wizard (I do have one by the way).

All I have to do is Heal, Shield, keep my Life
Aura up, and keep my new utility spell over my head.
I can stack my deck and TC side, to
make sure this can't be stopped.

I can heal for over 2000 each time you take me down.

I can heal for just about 2000 on a Satyr, or use
one power pip and heal for close to 1000.

I have the Myth Amulet, so I can use earthquake
to stop any blading.

There is no way you can hit me big enough to take me out
in one hit, without using Blades.
Earthquake can stop that, and my wand and one pip spell,
plus touch can keep Infection off of me.

Even if you use Infection or a life dispel, it will be lost the
moment I get taken out.

When I come back alive, I will have a Life Aura in my
hand to cast.

With Reshuffle, I can keep the battle going forever, no one can stop me.

You will flee sooner or later, but I won't because
I planned this type of battle.
All I need to do is outlast your TC,
and then you are at a huge disadvantage.

Yes, this is the new PVP at level 80,
just great isn't it?

Now everyone can make a Life Wizard and no one has
to fail at PvP.

In case you didn't realize it, Life is now truely Transcended
at level 80.

No other Wizard can claim this, only Life can,
but I will never know,
as I will not PvP my Life Wizard.
Why,................
it's just too unfair to all the
other Wizards out there.

Joe.

PvP has never been fair and will always be changing. There will always be new spells that will change pvp. You just have to find ways to counter spells that you think are overpowered.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
Personally, in my opinion, if Guardian Angel can get a Critical and boosts work with it, they should either change the health you get when reviving down to 10%. Otherwise, they should lock out Critical and Incoming/Outgoing healing.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
IMO I think Guardian Spirit is 50-50. It doesn't activate till the end of the round, and it can critical. Hmm. I see a huge raise for Life with this spell. They cast Guardian Spirit and critical, they get killed that turn. BOOM! They regain 50% of their life again. Hard to beat. Imagine a life with 4,500 health they regain 2,250 of that! I'm not gonna say its overpowered, but I'm not gonna say that is perfectly fair either. We'll see what KI thinks in a month or two.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
IMO I think Guardian Spirit is 50-50. It doesn't activate till the end of the round, and it can critical. Hmm. I see a huge raise for Life with this spell. They cast Guardian Spirit and critical, they get killed that turn. BOOM! They regain 50% of their life again. Hard to beat. Imagine a life with 4,500 health they regain 2,250 of that! I'm not gonna say its overpowered, but I'm not gonna say that is perfectly fair either. We'll see what KI thinks in a month or two.

Aaron Drakewalker Archmage Pyromancer

flarzedrago9,

If what you stated was true, it would be much better, but you left out the gear boost. Imagine a Life with 4,500 health, and when they die, they critical on Guadian spirit. They don't come back to 2,250 health, they instantly get 25%, then gear boost, and then the critical. Bringing them back to or very close to 4,500 health.
Now the battle starts all over again, but the other player is most likely already down on health.
I really have to call that Overpowered, as no other spell can do anywhere near that type of heal or damage just on Gear boost and a Critical.
What really bothers me is the amount of time it now takes to bring down the Life, it increases the time way too much.

Joe.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
I really can't believe people compare this spell with a damage spell. They complain oh snow angel, judgement, skeletal dragon is over powered yet those aren't even heals. Next use something that is actually related people. -.-