Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare/odd drops?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
So, I took some lower-level friends (a level 27 Storm and 50 Fire) through Malistaire's lair, just for fun. We ran through the instance twice and, on the second try, I finally got the ruined painting, which I've only been farming for since forever. Now, I have both Drakes in my house (Cyrus was a drop from Greystone in DS)- yay!

/shameless fan-girl-ing

Now, I need a new goal- aside from prodding Malistaire with my wand until he drops my level 50 gear (it's been 25 levels already- may as well cut my losses, haha). Do you guys have any suggestions- preferably pets or rare/odd stuff?

(I've heard that he drops the Storm Hound as well, and that Mithraya can give the sea dragon pet, but those are the only ones I know of).

Thanks so much, everyone!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
transcendent sorceress/shameless Drake fan-girl and collector of oddities.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I know a bunch off the top of my head, but if you want ALL the information; here is comes in one load:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/

I do prefer bosses in avalon for EMPs though!

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:
So, I took some lower-level friends (a level 27 Storm and 50 Fire) through Malistaire's lair, just for fun. We ran through the instance twice and, on the second try, I finally got the ruined painting, which I've only been farming for since forever. Now, I have both Drakes in my house (Cyrus was a drop from Greystone in DS)- yay!

/shameless fan-girl-ing

Now, I need a new goal- aside from prodding Malistaire with my wand until he drops my level 50 gear (it's been 25 levels already- may as well cut my losses, haha). Do you guys have any suggestions- preferably pets or rare/odd stuff?

(I've heard that he drops the Storm Hound as well, and that Mithraya can give the sea dragon pet, but those are the only ones I know of).

El Veeb/Shadowsong

yeah i would start farming waterworks cause ya said its been 25 lvls already so guessing your lvl 75

o.O i would start doing waterworks and tower of helephant they drops gear
regular gear and legend gear waterworks
and legend athame and ring toh

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:

/shameless fan-girl-ing

El Veeb/Shadowsong

im not sure about mithraya, but the first boss in trial of the spheres, astraeus, does

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
@ Ronster, I'll check out the link you posted... thanks! And to everyone else, thank you for the awesome tips!

Happy travels,

L.S.
transcendent/76

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
grvy123 wrote:
yeah i would start farming waterworks cause ya said its been 25 lvls already so guessing your lvl 75

o.O i would start doing waterworks and tower of helephant they drops gear
regular gear and legend gear waterworks
and legend athame and ring toh

Oops. I guess I should have mentioned that I've had my WW gear for a while- got my hat and cloak on the first run, but it did take a few tries to get my boots.

As for my level 50 gear, I just want to say that it eventually turned up, even if it took me forever to get... at the very least, I have 5 other wizards on the account who do have most of their level 50 gear (though, as of now, only my necro can actually wear his).

The athame might be a neat thing to look for, but I'm not ready to give up my 45% incoming heal boost. ;)

Thanks, though!