Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

availing hands quest is hard

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i just cant beat the grendel (cant remember name) at the availing hands quest but its too hard. i have a judge but shes still hatching. heres the following stategy i use

5 judges
5 ra
5 wraiths (mastery amulet)
5 balanceblades
5 mander minions
5 monstrous (previously strong)
5 elemental shields
5 spectral blasts
5 pixies
along with others i dont remember if there are any more

heres my following failing stategy: i put out a helpful mander for shields and blades. i leave space for good cards to come and whenever i get the chance, i use a buffed, enchanted ra to kill the minion and bring down the boss some. then i repeatedly use wraith to deal damage and heal. i also use spectral blast to quickly deal damage and pixie when im really in trouble. ive done it and changed strategy many times. what am i doing wrong?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I defeated that boss in the first try and found it easy. Just use some enchantments on spells and you're fine.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
As a sorcerer, I strongly advise against using Wraiths to heal. I trained Death as well, and regretted it- mastery amulet or not, we simply don't have the tools to take advantage of drain spells like a necromancer can.

At this point, you probably have Helping Hands- use that instead. As for attacks, keep 2 Ra and 2 Nova in your deck, with lots of enchantments (as much as I love Ra, Nova is better because it also casts Weakness on all enemies). I also cut the minion from my deck post-Dragonspyre- he's helpful, but probably can't help with cheats and stuff (I don't remember if the guy cheats, but he probably does).

If you let me know what else is in your deck and what gear you have, I'll try and help you further.

El Veeb/Shadowsong
transcendent sorceress, level 75

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
vonawesome1 wrote:
As a sorcerer, I strongly advise against using Wraiths to heal. I trained Death as well, and regretted it- mastery amulet or not, we simply don't have the tools to take advantage of drain spells like a necromancer can.

At this point, you probably have Helping Hands- use that instead. As for attacks, keep 2 Ra and 2 Nova in your deck, with lots of enchantments (as much as I love Ra, Nova is better because it also casts Weakness on all enemies). I also cut the minion from my deck post-Dragonspyre- he's helpful, but probably can't help with cheats and stuff (I don't remember if the guy cheats, but he probably does).

If you let me know what else is in your deck and what gear you have, I'll try and help you further.

El Veeb/Shadowsong
transcendent sorceress, level 75

he doesnt cheat

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
joujou11cool wrote:
I defeated that boss in the first try and found it easy. Just use some enchantments on spells and you're fine.

did you even read the whole thing? i DID use enchants