Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Jabberwock

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Wizard 101 is quite known for taking famous figures and ideas from popular culture and parodizing them into their own image. The Jabberwock is another known parody. Taken from Lewis Carroll's famous poem "The Jabberwocky", The Jabberwock is as ferocious as described in the poem. The term "manxome" is both mentioned in the game and the poem, as well as the Tumtum Trees at the mouth of the Jabberwock's lair. This is an excellent reference to the modern world as children start learning classical literature, such as the Jabberwocky.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
Cottoneye37 wrote:
Wizard 101 is quite known for taking famous figures and ideas from popular culture and parodizing them into their own image. The Jabberwock is another known parody. Taken from Lewis Carroll's famous poem "The Jabberwocky", The Jabberwock is as ferocious as described in the poem. The term "manxome" is both mentioned in the game and the poem, as well as the Tumtum Trees at the mouth of the Jabberwock's lair. This is an excellent reference to the modern world as children start learning classical literature, such as the Jabberwocky.

I know right. It was a fun boss too. :)

Survivor
Feb 12, 2010
Defender
May 30, 2010
i would have lots of fire dispel and fire shields he will user power attack ever 2 to 3 turns and it will do a lot of damage. if you dispel him he has a less chance to use that attack. have a lot of resist of fire in outfits the more the better.

Defender
May 30, 2010
you can either use fire dispels to stop boss from power attackin, or use the new lvl 75 death spell. death juju that you take 300 for a -90 blade on enemy cost 3 pips. that seemed to have worked for me on my death wizard lvl 76 currently. the power attack wont do more than 200 damage with the -90 blade

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
mollyisthebest wrote:
you can either use fire dispels to stop boss from power attackin, or use the new lvl 75 death spell. death juju that you take 300 for a -90 blade on enemy cost 3 pips. that seemed to have worked for me on my death wizard lvl 76 currently. the power attack wont do more than 200 damage with the -90 blade

In any hew, the ordinary becomes extraordinary. Tandy Tam Tomm Bickery Tot Sacashem Turioad. Hmm 25,000.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Ah, Jabberwock. Took me many a battle to fell this mighty foe. A worthy beast, to be sure. I knew the term sounded familiar, thank you for the information on this, OP :) .
"Beware the Jabberwock! The jaws that bite! The Claws that clench!"

Paul Stormglade, Archmage Diviner

Slayer of the Jabberwock

Go Sparks!

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I've done Jabberwock twice now. Once on my Balance and once earlier today on my Ice.

My Balance used a bunch of fire dispels and all my TC were fire shields. Barely made it through, but didn't die.

My Ice just used TC fire shields, no dispels. Two Woolly Mammoths and one Colussus, and Jabberwock was toast.

It's good to have people to help out in this dungeon. I didn't have anyone at the time to help out, but I'm pretty proud to have done it solo .... :)

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
Why do they put fights like this in the game? Another cheater boss that you have to have either a lot of friends online to help you or spend a load of crowns, neither of which seem to help much. I have tried this fight alone and with friends, with bought henchmen several times (I would like my crowns back thank you very much) checked out all the tips here and the various other sites, and I can't even get the henchman dead before getting taken out. I have enjoyed playing this game for many years and my biggest complaint about it is that once in a while they put an overkill boss in here that makes it impossible to continue playing the game until enough people complain about it and it gets changed. I don't mind a challenge, but make it a winnable challenge (yes I'm sure there are people out there who have done it). I do not have a ton of friends on my list to choose from and most of the time I solo this game; I don't like spending my money only to run into a fight I need to rely on yet MORE money or other people to continue playing. BTW, the 200% trap doesn't help much when you hit him with a pumped scarecrow and he still only take about 1800 points of damage...

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
uh i did it with only me, a balance archmage, and a (lvl 20?) ice

i am lvl 74-6 ice (i forget which) with about 4,900 heath, rounded to the nearest hundred lol

my balance friend was a HUGE help, she casted a load of shields on us, then i tanked up blades for a mega hit mammoth

all in all i think we did a pretty good job, i back to the wyrd after this message, or maybe a few more.

cyaz, Flint Strongvault

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
I know right? did you know that thomas cromshell in crab alley was named after thomas cromwell, a famous english dude who gave good council to king henry the 8th, instead of king thermidor the 8th. i dont want to go on and on about him, but he was a british politician and a lot of people hated him XD

Nice Ice Wizard