Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Young morganthe

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Ok me and a balance beat her after a few trys she will play mammoth over and over at the cost of no pips plus she will play mana burn. best thing is to keep using ice dis spell on her and keep attacking her. keep death shields on yourself also good luck :)

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
redmist01 wrote:
Ok me and a balance beat her after a few trys she will play mammoth over and over at the cost of no pips plus she will play mana burn. best thing is to keep using ice dis spell on her and keep attacking her. keep death shields on yourself also good luck :)

I find that the ice dispel strategy wouldn't really work. Unless you have an ice wiz there who does nothing other than spamming them, (even then it's a waste of resources) it isn't very useful. From my experience she sometimes uses mammoth so often that it would close to impossible to keep up. First time i went there, on the first turn after i bladed she hit me with 4 or 5 woolly. there's just no way to keep up with dispelling that. an ice wiz would be more useful hitting (since they have boost) and spamming legion shield whenever possible. They don't need to waste much time healing because of their resist and health so they can have time to shield.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
nagashiki wrote:
redmist01 wrote:

I find that the ice dispel strategy wouldn't really work. Unless you have an ice wiz there who does nothing other than spamming them, (even then it's a waste of resources) it isn't very useful. From my experience she sometimes uses mammoth so often that it would close to impossible to keep up. First time i went there, on the first turn after i bladed she hit me with 4 or 5 woolly. there's just no way to keep up with dispelling that. an ice wiz would be more useful hitting (since they have boost) and spamming legion shield whenever possible. They don't need to waste much time healing because of their resist and health so they can have time to shield.

yes a balance that was in there with me got hit like 4 to 5 times in a row before she stop. so yeah guess that really is a waste, i know we just kept attacking as much as we could and we killed her just making it out.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
What are the rules she uses? I have tried three times now and can not figure out what triggers her to do something. If it is totally random then that is just poor, each boss (or minor boss) should have a set of rules so you can at least learn them and avoid getting squished.

So far, no wards cast on her or blades on us.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
don't use any star school spells that seemed to make her use mammoth also. other then that i don't know that seem to be it. other then blades and traps.

Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
I am just guessing but any spells from sun,moon, and star you get The fury one on you. Her and our leader are both form those schools.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
WHAT?! morganthe uses mammoth as her cheat? looks like my ice wiz will be having a little talk with morganthe when i next see her...
but now that i think about it gamma did mention her trying to hit him with a wooly mammoth before you go to avalon....

heather thunderwraith lvl 70 ice who is barely in avalon (i need to get around to doing the quests lol)

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
e4e5nc3 wrote:
I am just guessing but any spells from sun,moon, and star you get The fury one on you. Her and our leader are both form those schools.

you can boost your attack with sun the balance i was with use moon school ice one and was ok

@slime24 Yes sure does use mammoth as a cheat along with mana burn

Delver
Oct 05, 2010
Yes, the wiki people still have not determined the trigger of her Wolly Mammoth although I believe she simply uses it on the highest threat opponent if she is not attacked or something.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
slime24 wrote:
WHAT?! morganthe uses mammoth as her cheat? looks like my ice wiz will be having a little talk with morganthe when i next see her...
but now that i think about it gamma did mention her trying to hit him with a wooly mammoth before you go to avalon....

heather thunderwraith lvl 70 ice who is barely in avalon (i need to get around to doing the quests lol)

I am glad someone got that too. I found it so funny when it hit me... like a woolly mammoth! (No? k i'll show myself out...). well done KI, well done.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
kjkazinski wrote:
What are the rules she uses? I have tried three times now and can not figure out what triggers her to do something. If it is totally random then that is just poor, each boss (or minor boss) should have a set of rules so you can at least learn them and avoid getting squished.

So far, no wards cast on her or blades on us.

Yea I managed to survive with my team but just barely. After the fight I was nick named meat sack lol. It's annoying because of the stuns if there were no stuns then I could get some where.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
nagashiki wrote:
slime24 wrote:

I am glad someone got that too. I found it so funny when it hit me... like a woolly mammoth! (No? k i'll show myself out...). well done KI, well done.
lol i noticed that to and pointed it out to my friends

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
Ok, so say goodbye to your traps and shields. FYI, if a life wizard casts rebirth, the absorb shields that the spell places will activate the cheat as well. Forget about auras, both personal and global (so, no spells like wyldfire or such). It helps to have a dedicated healer. healing spells don't trigger a cheat, and since you'll be going without shields, you'll likely need some healing. If you have an ice wizard with dispels, feel free to use them. You don't want to go crazy about that since you simply can't keep up with all the mammoths she likes to cast (she can hit you with repeated mammoths in the same turn). If you end up with eight pips (power pips counting as two pips), she'll hit you with mana burn which will do some damage and remove your pips. You can cast a level 8 spell, however, if you're willing to take the hit. What happens is, if you start the round with 8 pips but you select an attack at the beginning of the round, Morganthe will hit you with mana burn but the spell will be cast anyway. It's better to use your pips before that if possible though. I highly recommend having some attack cards enchanted with gargantuan in your side board, and having some gargantuan or colossal cards in your deck. This will dramatically boost your attacks, which is great since you won't be using any traps.

So, try and have a life wizard who focuses almost solely on healing. If you can get a storm wizard in your group that's great too, as a boosted triton will hit with a base damage of about 1000. Put on gear that gives you your best ice and death resistance (ice more important than death). Oh, and critical block is more important here than critical attack. She's a major boss, and the odds of you getting an unblocked critical attack on her is remote at best. Ok, so load your deck with attack cards that require 7 or fewer pips, blades, healing spells, and gargantuan and colossal if you have them. Blade as well as possible, and attack before your pips get too high. If you can team up to blade one or two people that's great, because you can really boost that attack before that person gets hit with mana burn. Oh, and don't use low accuracy attacks unless you have great accuracy boost. Fizzling will activate a cheat as well. Just keep hitting her with attacks boosted as well as possible and have your healer(s) do their thing. You'll wear her down and kill her.

*****I cannot stress this last bit enough. Make sure you mark the area near the entrance to ghost avalon before you enter. You can not port in, and it takes forever to get back to the entrance if you die and have to flee. Mark the area, and if you die and there's no quick and easy heal on the way: flee, use a bottle, and port back to the entrance. Mark the area again and enter ghost avalon alone. You can rejoin your team fairly quickly that way. If you don't mark the area and flee, good luck getting back in time.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I found the most efficient way is to load your deck with 1,2,3 pip spells. Lots of Gargantuan and/or Colossal.

The one with the most pips gets hit with Woolly. The least amount of pips you have the better. Use them up as soon as possible. Every round, hit with something. Don't save pips for any reason.

I went in with just one other person. I used my Balance wizard. If I wasn't hitting, then I was using the pips to heal.

Hitting Morganthe with low-pip enhanced cards will wear her down faster than you think.

When I followed this strategy, very few cheats were activated ....

Hope it helps!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
Sry to say but Young Morganth will mammoth no matter what i have found that the best combo for this dungeon is Ice,Storm,Fire,and Life with this combo it goes much quicker.

-Best of Luck Sydney Icebreeze

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
the only way to beat young morganthe is too use no shields because she will just earthquake and power nova at the same time use lower level spells from before like locust swarm or thunder snake or whatever your lower spells are because if you have four power pips she will just mana burn you and take all the pips away which is not good so use them and only heal when you need it and dont dispel its a waste of time! just endure the woolly mammoths ok and bring people also i recommend buying a second deck and making a deck for her and dont forget no shields also time for a new strategy when she says that i do not get it what does that mean? I honestly don't know but good luck! I hope you have a better chance.

Thomas Stormleaf

Remember with balance power is endless

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
Ok - I made it through Young Morganthe just barely. to sum it up:

- Never have more than four pips
- You can use blades, but no shields and no traps
- You can cast weakness on her
- I didn't have any star, sun or moon spells so don't know about that
- If you play with henchmen an excellent one is the 50 level life as he pretty much heals all the time and doesn't cast shields or traps
- She will pull the mammoth business on one of your other players when you hit her; make sure your spell is worth it
- Link is a great spell against her
- She gets more aggressive when she gets down to 50 % life mana
- The reshuffle spell is also useful

This is what worked for me - good luck

Destiny Dragonwhisper level 78 Ice

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
Everyone has been having a world of experiences in Young Morganthe's battle arena. I have fought her a couple of times, and want to share what I experienced and learned from my observations in battle.

The first time I fought her, it was on my Death and my friend brought his Ice. It was just the two of us. We both took turns casting ice dispel so as to ensure we'd have at least 3 on her before casting anything else.

We didn't use any blades, traps, shields or aura spells. We did, once in awhile, cast a feint, but before doing that, ensured there was a myth dispel on her - so the earthquake was dispelled, but we still got hit by Power Nova.

In regards to mammoth, as I watched, it seems if it got dispelled, that was the end of it - she didn't keep trying to cast mammoth over and over. The 2nd time I fought her, my teammates didn't place ice dispel as much as I would have liked and when she did manage to get a mammoth off, we did experience it cast in multiples.

So, in my experience, I totally recommend the use of ice dispels - several at a time, as you never know exactly what is going to trigger the cheat. Also it is ideal to carry death dispels (just to reduce the number of death attacks, as it is her school) and it doesn't hurt to have some myth and/or balance dispels in your deck either.

I posted a reply on another discussion, which is here: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/49138.ftl

and as was posted earlier above, this guide is awesome - it's where I got my info prior to battling her the first time, which led to my success in that first battle. I recommend all wizards read this before tackling Ghost Avalon:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276463

Good luck and have fun! :)

Destiny/Destiny SpiritGiver
Archmage Necromancer/Transcendent Theurgist and Sorcerer

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
To me, the best strategy seems to be to have at least two people load their sideboards with Ice dispels (since she casts Wolly Mammoth so randomly) as well as Balance dispels (Unbalance) to avoid that oh-so-annoying Mana Burn spell. The other one or two people could load their side board up with healing spells just in case Morganth manages to get in a few Mammoths.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
I have helped fight her a few times with friends and I have to say one of the best fights in the game. Never gets old. Can't wait to fight the older Morganthe. lol Just wish there was some kind of rare drop from her :)

Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
redmist01 wrote:

I know the best way to defeat her because I and my Level Death Friend defeated her without anyone of us dying or reaching our health to half. I'll tell you what to do:

The Team will be divided into two types:
First, at least one of your member will put in his deck as many as Gobbler Poly morphs he can put
Second, the rest will only put in their decks only Enchantments, Heals, Auras and Rank one, two and three spells also, their gear must be the highest critical rate possible with defensive death blocks probably one hundred fifthy above

For the places in battle of the members, the one who will Gobbler Polymorph always will be the last one while the attackers goes first

For the actual battle, at the first round, the members who won't use Gobbler polymorph will use vengence or amplify or conviction while the Gobbler uses any spell that will taunt Morganthe. When second round comes, the attackers will use their damage spells with Enchantments and will continue to do more every rounds while the Gobbler keeps taunting Morganthe so that whenever Young Morganthe uses wooly mammoth, the Gobbler will resist the damage and the stuns as well. The Gobbler will use heal if one the members have their healths lower than too thousand. Also, the Gobbler must nevver use tower shields to avoid any trigger of cheats. Every time the Gobbler Polymorph is gone, the player must use another polymorph as soon as possible. When you keep repeating the steps, you will notce that Young Morganthe's health will decrease rapidly because of the high critical of the members that she won't block always.

Following this instruction will definitely defeat Morganthe in easy way.
I hope this helps
Steven Mythleaf Archmage Theurgist

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Survivor
Nov 06, 2009
So yeah morganthe is really tough, there are some ways around her. If she uses mana burn and you are trying to cast an efreet or a levy or something like that, you still get the spell off if you don't fizzle. Also, blades do work, just don't shield yourself or put traps on young morganthe herself. Use low lvl hit spells to hit your target because it is quicker and more effective. Finally just a heads up, you will be facing Malory to get to the shrine.

- Michael Owlstone, archmage pyromancer

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Um everyone saying ice wizard is making me nervous cause i have a level 74 ice wizard.