Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any tips for the Jabberwock?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I am having a hard time with the Jabberwock. I am death and I can not even get the minion dead before his free 2,000 meteor spell, every other turn, kills me. I know you can't post spoilers, but could I least know if he is a cheating boss or if there is some way to avoid his free 2,000 damage meteor attack every other turn? I really don't want to have to waste training points on fire shield just for 1 boss.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
You can buy Fire shields at the Bazaar and at the Library!

After the meteor is cast, something special happens, make sure you attack the very next round, or lose that special something.

This boss is easier than you think, especially if you are death and get health back when attacking.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2011
you will need a fire person to go with you. They need to make their deck only fire dispel and minus fire shields. I am fire, so i used the deck that gives me 8 slots, and put 8 dispels and 8 minus 80 shields, plus some heal cards. that is all that was in my deck. I had a partner that killed the Jabberwock. I had to flee a couple of times to get the deck reset, so if you have resuffel, that would be good to put in the deck also. That is how we beat it....

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
Hi!
I did it alone with my life wizard level 74, all clothes from bazaar. Other things was no auction stuff from battles, well Athame is a crafted item.

So the strategy was maximum protection on fire and some for storm,
Attacked only when he has 200% trap,
Allot of healing.

Hat: Paladin's Frosty Helmet(lvl 74) from bazaar.
The Robe was: Combustible costume(lvl 54) from bazaar
The Boots: Ironhite Boots(lvl 74) from bazaar
Ring: Cosmic Kris Crafted, just good for healing (21% in, 20% out) and with power pip (16%) and some health (208).
Amulet: Zafarite Amultet from last dungeon on Zafaria, gives 3 shield, 2 with storm protection and to whit fire protection.
Ring was probably from tower of elephant, 15% incoming 5% attack
And my pet don't heal yet, don't cast nothing, not epic.

In resume:
5% attack on life
64% fire protection
34% storm protection
83% power pip
41% in, 20% out on healing
Cards:
Max on:
Colossal, Centaur, Dryad, Gnomest, Satyr, Fortify, fire shield
Some:
Santuary, Spirit blade, Gargantuan

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I tried to solo a couple times. I know he has the 200% damage trap he sets on himself, but I had horrible luck when I tried to solo him. He cast the big meteor spell, broke my fire shield, cast the damage trap - them immediately removed it- cast a critical helephant on me, which I didn't block, then the miniom criticaled a Triton on me, which I also did not block. I got a bit farther the 2nd solo attempt since the Jabberwock was kind enough to pass 2 turns and let me put on multiple shields, but then he went 6 rounds without trapping himself and I fizzled 2 attacks in a row. I gave up and got a life friend to come help me, and then he wasn't too bad. I filled all 30 of my treasure card slots with fire shields and I had 2 left when we finally killed him.

And I did find the fire shields after I posted. I was thinking back in the day when Briskbreeze was the 'impossible' dungeon, that they were not in the library, so I didn't think to look right away.

Thanks for the tips though. I like challenging bosses, I just hate having to retool my whole deck for one battle and then switch it all back. I have seen suggestions for being able to name decks and I think that is a great idea. You can change pets names, so it doesn't seem a deck naming system would be a much bigger toll on the system.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Here's some good advice..." shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

Hope that helps!

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
natenkate wrote:
I am having a hard time with the Jabberwock. I am death and I can not even get the minion dead before his free 2,000 meteor spell, every other turn, kills me. I know you can't post spoilers, but could I least know if he is a cheating boss or if there is some way to avoid his free 2,000 damage meteor attack every other turn? I really don't want to have to waste training points on fire shield just for 1 boss.

Use tons of quench

Survivor
Nov 27, 2010
Attack him when he has the 200% trap on him. My leviathan did 25k damage when I casted and he had his 200% trap on him. :)

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
Lots of shields. Have all your potions. Add everyone you're fighting with to your friend's list. Try to make sure one of you can withstand the meteor at any given time. If you die, flee, drink a potion and port back. I just defeated him with one other wizard -- we each died twice, but fortunately one of us always remained alive. We hired lots of henchmen, about four Varneys, a couple Mad Martys and three Sir Thomases. Sir Thomas (level 80 Balance Henchman) was actually the best, his Ra was very helpful. Try to time it so you can use a big attack right after the meteor shower -- that's when he puts up the +200% trap.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
Survivor
May 27, 2011
Here are some things you will need or will need to do during battle. 1.Bring friends with you in case you get defeated. 2.Make sure to have fire shields and dispells. 3.Have lot's of healing spells. 4.Attack the same round as his 1000-3000 hit metoroite cheat.He will put on a plus 200% hex on himself. 5.He uses cheat spell meteor strike every three rounds (if attacked or not,he will still do it). 6.Do not put traps on him.He will remove them next round. That's it.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
I too would really like some help. I'm a Lvl 75 Balance and because of the time difference where I live I mainly have to solo. I've faced the Jabberwock four times so far and I've carefully followedthe advice about having plenty of Fire Shields and Quench and I also load up with Storm Shield but it hasn't helped. The minion is the worst because of being hit by both him and Jabberwock, most of the time I spend shielding or wasting time having to draw if a Storm shield doesn't come up or vice versa when I need a Fire. I've tried using a life and Myth (for the minion) Henchman but they are almost always killed straight away.
One thing I
i've also noticed in almost all my battles in Avalon at the start of the duel all my cards are heal or gargantuan (without a spell to attach it to.) Is this a deliberate move by KI to make the battles last longer or is it just my run of bad luck. Any help would be really invaluable.
James Dreamweaver Lvl 7s Balance

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
natenkate wrote:

I agree. I have a Fire Wizard and I can't beat him. I brought my friend with me and he's also a fire.The round after we defeated the Jabberwock's minion,he used the meteor spell and me and him both got killed. :( It seems impossible to beat the Jabberwock!!! :x

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Okay so the nice thing is that after the Meteor Strike it puts a plus 200% universal trap on itself, but on every even turn it removes all traps on itself. Though this is nice, it means every other Meteor Strike the universal trap dissapears immediately. Use the universal trap to your advantage.

I'd advise trying to go solo, considering any additional wizards bring 2 Fomori Giants to the table, giving you 5,100 more health points to diminish.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
eggywig wrote:
Okay so the nice thing is that after the Meteor Strike it puts a plus 200% universal trap on itself, but on every even turn it removes all traps on itself. Though this is nice, it means every other Meteor Strike the universal trap dissapears immediately. Use the universal trap to your advantage.

I'd advise trying to go solo, considering any additional wizards bring 2 Fomori Giants to the table, giving you 5,100 more health points to diminish.

Thanks eggywig! I have finally defeated him!.The first time I tried I had other wizards with me but they tended to concentrate on the Jabberwock and ignorned the minion and only healed themselves no one else. Despite that we got his HP down too 11,000 before everyone died. I simply hung around the dungeon waiting for some other Wizards and finally fought alongside a great group of player who knew how the importance of teamwork. Everybody shielded and healed each other and the others kept playing if one was defeated and had to come back. A bit thank you to those wizards I fought with, you were a great team and wonderful expamples of what 101 is all about. BTW we did get the two Formari but thanks to our Storm Wizard's Siren spell they were toast within five minutes :D Now onto the Wyrd :D

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
I fought with my Archmage friends when I was only level 22 and we won alot! First off you need a life, and two ice people then you! You also need some fire shields in, maybe some treasure card ones. Best of luck!!!

-Savvy DarkHunter Lvl 23 Life Pvp Captain :D

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
toothless008 wrote:
natenkate wrote:

I agree. I have a Fire Wizard and I can't beat him. I brought my friend with me and he's also a fire.The round after we defeated the Jabberwock's minion,he used the meteor spell and me and him both got killed. :( It seems impossible to beat the Jabberwock!!! :x
You got to attack every round for him not to meteor

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
I'm a fire wizard and I teamed up with my friend (who's a death wizard) I put as many quenches in my deck possible, then bought the limit of my treasure card in quenches. Jabberwock uses meteor every third round. Of course I kept using quench while my friend attacked. It's takes at least two people in my opinion.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
natenkate wrote:

A death wizard, huh?

That makes it easy to take out the minion
A nice strategy I used went something along these lines

First Turn: Feint Minion
Second: Treasure Fire Shield
Third: Treasure Fire trapped minion ( may not be necessary, but can push the extra damage)
Fourth: Treasure Fire Shield ( next part requires some luck)
Fifth: Beguile Minion (and if jabberwock breaks your shield this turn, there is gonna be a serious dent in your health )
Sixth: The Meteor will hit the minion as well. With Feint and fire trap, he is dead

Then just whack away at the jabberwock :)
Also, every 3 turns he lets loose his meteor, so when he meteors, attack, then buff, then shield. Rinse and repeat

My first solo failed, since my treasure cards hated me
My second solo also failed, had tough luck with criticals :?
Third try, it went as planned!

The Jabberwock isnt so tough; its the minion Once his minion is gone, you will find he isnt so bad after all :D

Hope I helped!

Blaze Icecloud, Level 75 Ice

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
i highly suggest getting an ice with you that has the level 74 crafted hat and boots since ice has epic resist to fire the meteor will only do about 300 damage to them so you can blade them while they get ready to kill

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
natenkate wrote:

Yes, all you need is quench (fire dispel). All you need to know is when he is going to do 2000 damage meteor strike. Use quench before he does it. He will fizzle, which means you wont get hurt my the meteor AND he will use a 200% plus hex on himself. Then, once he has the 200% hex on himself, ATTACK!!

Survivor
Sep 24, 2010
I just did it yesterday with three other friends. I am fire so I loaded only 8 fire shields, 8 fire dispels, 8 smoke screens, and 2 healing cards. Then put high ice spells on the side deck. The cards ran out (which I learned the hard way for the first time) so I had to flee to refresh them. The storm did the attack., the life did the healing, while the other put fire shields on all of us. When I ran out of cards again, I draw an ice attack from my side deck. It was my first and last attack to Jabberwock the entire battle and it killed him.

Survivor
Apr 24, 2012
Bee0909 wrote:
Attack him when he has the 200% trap on him. My leviathan did 25k damage when I casted and he had his 200% trap on him. :)
Um spoiler? really help the kid but dont spoil it on him he said not to? dont ok? so kid get tons of 90% fire shields from the bazzar and get ice armor dispels any shields etc. with fire helps
Rachel Daisyward lvl 80 fire wizard

Jessica Moonbeam lvl 80 ice wizard

Maria lvl 80 storm wizard

Tara lvl 80 life wizard

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
All you gotta do is be prepared To attatck and defend. Put shields of fire or the famouse tower shield you can even get fire/Tower shields at your local

-Bazaar
-Library
-Archivist(Best Tc cards to me)

So when he uses his epic meteor strike you will be prepared. also make sure you have all your shields set for the attack after the meteor strike because he gives you a 2OO+ feint trap on his self if u manage to survive the meteors.
And the consequence for not attacking right afterwards is loosing the 2OO+ feint and all your blades at the same time.

I Hope i Help all you People on The JabberWock Quest.

Luke FireBlood- Level 80 Archmage :D