Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jabberwock impossible

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 06, 2012
i know i am a wizard so i used a load of thermic shields. if you dont have any kind of fire shields then go buy treasure cards

Nathan IronHammer LV85

for the win!!!

Survivor
Feb 13, 2011
Well i've already defeated Jabberwock but on my 5th try!
I am and i got knocked out so many times.
There are two really hard parts about Jabberwock:
1: He has 25,000 health
2: He does 2000-2500 damage meteor strikes.
I suggest you should make him a little easier

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Oh my run with the Jabbewock, it was more funny than hard, I got a few friends that were in DS, CL and ZF, and we just kept dying, porting back in, it was so long and funny when someone died.

Robert Angleblade
Archmage Theurgist

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
Survivor
May 06, 2013
just go to the bazaar and buy as many fire shields as possible then its easy

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Angela Gem on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
is it a main quest?
Yes, in order to go from the Wild into the Wryd you must complete Jabberwok. I wish it was a side quest it seems like a game stopper for many. I personally don't think I could solo it no matter what wizard I tried it with.

We just did this fight and if you can buy 10 fire dispels and count to 3 you can dispell his meteor showers and make it a more normal fight. If you go first you have to put out 2 dispels, which we learned the hard way.

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
To be quite honest, it was very difficult killing Jabberwock, because of his high health and all. But there is a simple solution, if fire shields don't work. Get gear with high fire resist. I know it sounds odd but there is plenty of fire resistant gear in the Bazaar that will give you 80% fire resist, and if you can get the minion death with that gear, the rest is simple. Good luck

Level 90 Patrick Dragoneyes

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
zm33 on May 4, 2012 wrote:
The jabberwock is almost impossible.You can try your best to defeat him and some have but it is almost impossible.I have tried three times with different people and each time a fail.Jabberwock casts a meteor that can kill in three or four times her casts it.His health is way too high,us wizards know you want use to have a challange but at least make it possible may be lower his health or lower the attack of the meteor attack.Who agrees with me and there are no teleports so at least add those.
He can be very hard, but he isn't that impossible

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
It is not that hard just bring.....
Ice-for attacking with boost
Life-healing
Yourself-shielding

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
Jabberwock should not be a main quest boss, he is just too hard. I've tried 6 times with no luck. I'm stuck now and can't move on in the game. This might be where you lose a lot of casual (paying) players. I get that he is a challenge and would be great to beat him but to make him necessary to continue in the game is just to much to expect.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
well I just did jabbawock and quite frankly it is the hardest boss I have ever seen....you can not do it alone and forget about hiring minions that doesn't work...all the life minons do is want to kill the thing...healing is almost non existant with a lvl 90 life for hire minion...I don't want to do that dungeon again ...but if I have to dispels and shields are the only thing that works...4 people ...one heals , one dispels one shields and one hits...hey we cant all be heros....lol

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
geez56 on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
well I just did jabbawock and quite frankly it is the hardest boss I have ever seen....you can not do it alone and forget about hiring minions that doesn't work...all the life minons do is want to kill the thing...healing is almost non existant with a lvl 90 life for hire minion...I don't want to do that dungeon again ...but if I have to dispels and shields are the only thing that works...4 people ...one heals , one dispels one shields and one hits...hey we cant all be heros....lol
I did it solo on Storm, Ice and Death wizards. It's really not that hard to do alone, but it's easier if you have at least one friend along. It's all timing. You need to count the rounds, wear your best fire resist, blade up every round and time your hits for every other 200 trap he places on himself. He removes all traps on even rounds, and casts the trap after his meteor every 3 rounds. So he removes it on round 4, but on round 7 it's there until beginning of next. It's all just timing your hits.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2011
HELP - I need help defeating Jabberwock. I've tried a few times but keep getting killed. I can never get enough people together. How can I get some help?

GataLuna

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
Why Does everyone Think Jabberwock is so hard? he is so easy! same with belloq in zafaria. wanna know who is hard? try mika skarka :|

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
zm33 on May 4, 2012 wrote:
The jabberwock is almost impossible.You can try your best to defeat him and some have but it is almost impossible.I have tried three times with different people and each time a fail.Jabberwock casts a meteor that can kill in three or four times her casts it.His health is way too high,us wizards know you want use to have a challange but at least make it possible may be lower his health or lower the attack of the meteor attack.Who agrees with me and there are no teleports so at least add those.
try a smoke screen and quench

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
At first, I thought the same, but I managed to solo through the battle :) Try stocking up on fire-shield treasure cards and have high resist against fire and storm. Also, plan your attacks so that you will get that awesome trap before it disappears! Try to put up a fire shield or quench spell the round before the interrupt spell and strike when the trap is up! :D

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
mistycinder2875 on Dec 20, 2013 wrote:
At first, I thought the same, but I managed to solo through the battle :) Try stocking up on fire-shield treasure cards and have high resist against fire and storm. Also, plan your attacks so that you will get that awesome trap before it disappears! Try to put up a fire shield or quench spell the round before the interrupt spell and strike when the trap is up! :D
oh yeah that kinda works to

Explorer
Aug 29, 2011
I'm a lvl 95 fire. This is really strange, but I did Jabberwock in just five minutes with one ice person helping me. You should get a fire person for shields and dispels, storm for attacks, life for healing, and a fourth person is optional: either ice or myth. I don't really remember anything about it, but you can ask people that did it recently.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
I helped a friend (She's a level 76 necromancer.) take out Jabberwock last weekend. My necromancer ported to her and was a "dispeller" for her.

The battle runs in a six-round pattern. Know the pattern, and you can dispel his extra meteor strikes and take advantage of that 200% trap he places on himself. Quench, Fire Shield, and Volcanic Shield (trained or treasure card versions) are invaluable! Jabberwock and his minion casting first is key too!!!!

Good luck, all!

Miranda Nightsinger, Master Necromancer
Calamity Windbane, Magus Diviner

Survivor
Aug 19, 2013
I had no problems soloing this guy with my level 76 ice.
Jabberwocks meteor can do 3000 max damage, and when i got hit with one of those it only did 810 cause my high fire resist. I also managed a one hit ko wooly.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Well you need at least one wizard with a bunch of fire dispells, fire shields, and thermic shields. Maybe someone to set up and be ready to attack HARD whenever you need to.A life to heal pretty much. And be ready to use the 200% trap he puts on after his meteor, he tends to use it when he gets the amount of pips needed for the meteor, and you should be fine.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Angela Gem on Oct 14, 2013 wrote:
is it a main quest?
Yes sadly

Survivor
May 23, 2009
MustachCashDash on May 27, 2012 wrote:
I just bought alot of fire shields and still almost died but my friend came when I died so she healed me and we counted the rounds and I used
Yeah, all you need is just a couple friends, preferably a life and someone with fire shields.