Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death in Avalon :-)

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
Look man, I get that your kind of feel insulted but this guy, but that doesn't give you the right to call all storm wizards arrogant. I am one, and I don't consider myself arrogant. I fail so many times while soloing bosses. Heck, I've even lost count! It took me seven tries just to beat one boss alone. I don't brag about my greatness, like a lot of stormies do. Don't be generalizing. It's rude, it's annoying, and it just sounds pathetic. The stormy that insulted you is just plain messed up. It's not funny to say that to a person. I'm not all that wonderful. I don't think of myself that way. So, please, next time before you post something, think first. It'll save everyone a bunch of time. Thanks!

Kayla- Transcendent Diviner- lvl 74
Kiley Dreamer- Adept Sorceress- lvl 25
Taylor Shadowwalker- Apprentice Necromancer- lvl 8

Ps~ Excuse me if I sounded rude, I just wanted to make a point. See you around the Spiral! :) And yes, this thread is going to start causing tension to us Elementals.

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Mist737 wrote:
Just because 'your typical arrogant Storm wizard' gave you and remark, doesn't mean you have to say us life and fire will get 'thumped as usual'.

My brother, Quinn Rubyleaf, has the efreet that's 'unstoppable' to him and his cool fire dragon that hit really pretty well. 8)

Now, I am life. We DO NOT get thumped, we play our gnomes and forest lords and kill some enemies in like, three minutes if you're not having trouble with your spells hiding. AND we can heal us and our teammates so you have to start ALL OVER AGAIN.

Now storm. My mother is storm, level 64 with leviathan and storm lord and triton. She kicks people where it hurts. She helps. She fights. She heals. She kills. And she is nice. So whoa, whoa, whoa mister.

See what you have to say to that. I think you'll be 'twisting in the wind' instead. 8)
When he said "Your typical arrogant storm wizard" he didnt mean EVERY storm wizard was arrogant. He was specifying that some wizards are arrogant. He was just referring to an arrogant storm wizard.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
iSwag1234567890 on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
I agree fire is really having a hard time in avalon, I mean, die on any solo boss fight, usually on the second round with any storm boss. And they start with 6 power pips! I get hit twice with some critical attack and then i die.

Wolf SilverSpear - Level 78 Fire
Luke StormWriath - Level 18 Life
Taylor SwiftSword - Level 10 Ice
um first of all who are you to judge how hard of a time fire wizards are having in avalon? second of all get some better gear because obvilously you have no resist, not much health, and either none or little block. btw i soloed the jabber wock and most bosses(others were with people who i met along the way) and im fire so dont be trying to drag down other fire wizards just because your having a hard time.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have an archmage necromancer~ val recently finished avalon and, though he struggled at the beginning, he eventually found his groove and made it to azteca (he's currently in saltmeadow swamp, killing more than he gets killed). i love leaving fights at full health, since my scarecrow does leave a lasting impression on those bosses.

that all said, you didn't need to insult anyone in your post.

i've encountered rudeness and entitlement from all schools, including my own~ especially as a balance wizard, one can only stand to hear "blade/shield/heal me" or "keep passing, let me kill" so many times before you wish you could critical-power-nova your own teammates back to wizard city.

though she is not my primary wizard, i also play a legendary diviner, and i'm offended by your presumptuous attitude~ why assume that we're all obnoxious, just because one not-so-nice player made fun of you?

-von
90 balance, 83 death, 64 storm, the rest.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Dr Von on Feb 5, 2013 wrote:
i have an archmage necromancer~ val recently finished avalon and, though he struggled at the beginning, he eventually found his groove and made it to azteca (he's currently in saltmeadow swamp, killing more than he gets killed). i love leaving fights at full health, since my scarecrow does leave a lasting impression on those bosses.

i've encountered rudeness and entitlement from all schools, including my own~ especially as a balance wizard, one can only stand to hear "blade/shield/heal me" or "keep passing, let me kill" so many times before you wish you could critical-power-nova your own teammates back to wizard city.

though she is not my primary wizard, i also play a legendary diviner, and i'm offended by your presumptuous attitude~ why assume that we're all obnoxious, just because one not-so-nice player made fun of you?

-von
I agree especially with you von.

I have met lots of nice storm wizards, and not all storm guys are bad. Yes, they are very powerful, and I'm sure they like it, and SOME might get a little too proud( others schools do this too), but barely any!
I have also, like von, encountered rude people from each school. I'm a balance wizard, and some people don't even let us attack with out throwing a fit, because they wanted a blade. Those are the rude people I have encountered, and they were from a variety of schools( even my own!), not just storm.

My point is, plz don't insult the storm wizards when only one of them decided to be mean.

I most of all don't agree with your remark, Lordaria, of "A typical arrogant storm wizard"

So next time you post, plz think before you post.

Explorer
May 30, 2010
Vonawesome said: "i've encountered rudeness and entitlement from all schools, including my own~ especially as a balance wizard, one can only stand to hear "blade/shield/heal me" or "keep passing, let me kill" so many times before you wish you could critical-power-nova your own teammates back to wizard city."

I hear that. And so rarely does there seem to even be a please, unless I'm running with a friend. If it's just some guy that jumps into my fight, it seems to be demands all the way.

Sadly, my Balance wizard has selective hearing in that case. She tends to read "keep passing let me kill" as "You go ahead and kill the boss as soon as you can."

Defender
May 29, 2009
I actually think death got it pretty bad this time around. Mass infection is useless except on life enemies and bad juju is one of the worst spells I have seen in the game. It is true sometimes storm can be snobby about their power, but that isn't all storms. Just remember to have fun.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv73

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
um... what i know is to have full health in the battles and i'm a life i have no proplems but i really get struggled because i'm kind a think ill lose.but when i cast a gnomes with life blade,sprit blade,life trap,and with feint i'm all fine.

level76galen strongward:)

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
My deaths love leaving battles at full health and they can stand up to any thing.But storm has healing current and with the correct boost they can get a critical hundred healing current up to 3,000.Life has the heals.My death criticaled a satyr with a 61/50 boost and healed 4000.For that boost I used ring of the hunting wolf wolfs something talon and WW gear the at athames and rings gave 25/25 boost each.

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
Intrepidatius on May 6, 2012 wrote:
You felt the need to post about your arrogance,and brag to others....how sad. :?
i am a wizard, lvl 76 in avalon, i am having a bit trouble in the wyrd. i am on the first tower there. i was wondering if any onther gamers have tips to defeat the storm boss

Survivor
Sep 10, 2010
Clumsy Sebastion L... on May 26, 2012 wrote:
It is really hard to be ice in there if you dont have the water works gear like me

John AshForge
Level 73 Ice
i am pretty cool with avalon and my deaths in avaolon. but in need tips on how to defeat the first boss in the wyrd. if you have tips pls post back

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
So what your saying is that you want to be shunned? You want no help? Well ok! Fine by me. Storms are not arrogant, at least not MY storm friends. Death is SUPPOSED to drain their opponents health. What, do you want me to pat you on the back for doing what every necromancer is supposed to do? Are you gonna start insulting myth next? Because I can assure you your not gonna get our help! Ok I have to admit, sometimes I'll do a "mighty hero" impression. Example: I, the mighty Robert, shall slay you, foul beast! For glory! And so on. But it's just a joke thing I do with my friends.
And don't go around insulting other schools, man. Not cool. I never do that. Oh, and btw, Von awesome, could you please calm down? I feel your pain, but just don't be so full of anger. Anger leads to hate, and hate leads to suffering! You know where that's from? Anyway, I am a polite lad, and I DO say thank you. Just saying. Myth rules! So does balance, and death, and fire, and ice, and so does storm and life. We are all equal! And all awesome and mighty heroes of legend!

Robert Dragonrider lvl 83 " a hero becomes legend, that legend becomes a myth, that myth becomes inspiration, inspiration inspires greatness, and makes a new hero."

Survivor
Dec 19, 2012
Hinote1999 on May 4, 2012 wrote:
Yea, Death is pretty powerful. Sometimes I wish I chosen Death but its to late now. I am level 64, fire.
Dude like seriously be proud to be a fire

Survivor
Sep 29, 2013
I think the message he was trying to broadcast is not the arrogance of Storm wizards (opinionated), but the point of Death wizards having an uneasy time in the new area. There is no 'best' school, and no worse. The game is possible for everyone (within reason). Just to reinforce my argument, he is not broadcasting the stereotype.

This is my first forum post

My name is still being reviewed by a moderator.

-Hunter Eyes 37

Survivor
Mar 05, 2013
yeah I come out of most of my battles full life especially with my scarecrow

death rocks

Survivor
Mar 05, 2013
death is good because of all its traps and its ability to gain life from attacking

Survivor
Mar 05, 2013
Lordaria on May 3, 2012 wrote:
While playing last night, your typical arrogant Storm wizard remarked to me, that Death will have a hard time in the new world and laughed at me. So far, I've plowed through every boss and dungeon on the first try and left at full health. IMO, Life, Fire and Storm will be the ones struggling there from what I've encountered so far. Since you guys are so wonderful(Storm), don't look to me to heal you, when you're getting thumped as usual. I enjoy watching guys twist in the wind, while I leave a battle at full health.
yeah I com out of most of my battles full life especially with my scarecrow

death rocks

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012

-von

LOL I hear ya, Dr Von!

IGN: Diana Raveneyes

P.S.
I have some pretty under-appreciated friends, except by me
I love to joke about the bosses getting a bad sunburn from their colossal critical Ra!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I feel this post to be completely rude. Remind me to NEVER quest with you! Being a storm wizard, I have solo'd my way through half of Avalon with no trouble!
All schools are equal and it is not the school that describes character but the person!

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Not all storm players are arrogant and not all death players are good... I personally favor the school but it's based on strategic decision of casting to see who's good or not, and arrogancy is within varying people.

I'm also a life student in Avalon and am having no problems whatsoever.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2013
Hinote1999 on May 4, 2012 wrote:
Yea, Death is pretty powerful. Sometimes I wish I chosen Death but its to late now. I am level 64, fire.
It's never too late. I made a death at when I was a lvl 54 storm.

Survivor
Jul 15, 2013
While playing last night, your typical arrogant Storm wizard remarked to me, that Death will have a hard time in the new world and laughed at me. So far, I've plowed through every boss and dungeon on the first try and left at full health. IMO, Life, Fire and Storm will be the ones struggling there from what I've encountered so far. Since you guys are so wonderful(Storm), don't look to me to heal you, when you're getting thumped as usual. I enjoy watching guys twist in the wind, while I leave a battle at full health.
How would Life be struggling?! We have healing, critical, the forest lord, king artourius AND Spinysaurus!

Courtney Dawnpetal Lvl 90

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
I love this post.

Showing storm wizards to stop bragging.

Yes storm is a great school, it is not any better than any other school.

I thank you for sharing this!

~Angela Gem, lvl 82

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
Life is so underrated. Everyone says that we are bad yet there the ones that always ask us for healing. Same thing with Balance, people say there weak when they ask them for blades all the time. I soloed almost every single boss in Avalon except for the Life bosses. You're just being a hypocrite. All schools are good in a way so stop whining about it.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Not every storm wizard is like that! My most powerful wizard is storm so shut it. I do realize that death has a lot of traps and able to heal fairly quickly because of attack spells. My death wizard is currently in marlybone and my storm wizard is in only Celestia. Cut the creed!