Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 80 Gear?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Is there level 80 gear in Avalon? Because I don't want to wait for good gear to come into the game late.Can someone tell me if there is level 80 gear and if so, which dungeon?

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
i think we should stick with our waterworks gear and find good rings and blades in avalon :) :-) :D

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
woot000 wrote:
Is there level 80 gear in Avalon? Because I don't want to wait for good gear to come into the game late.Can someone tell me if there is level 80 gear and if so, which dungeon?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but waterowrks lvl 60 gear is still the best, there are lvl 78 gear but it depends if you wanna take that chance.

Explorer
Mar 25, 2009
Defender
Sep 18, 2009
The gear so far is not very good. You can gain a little critical hit rate, but lose attack power. Gain a little accuracy, but lose defense. I would stick with either the Wintertusk crafted gear of Waterworks gear. It can only be powerd up so much before there is no challenge left in the game. I would prefer to see better boosts on pets. At least that is random-ish.

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
woot000 wrote:

No nothing lvl 80 highest i seen was 78 but i have seen a few peaces with good stats on it

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I have seen some level 78 stuff that seems okay.. The rings and anthame's aren't too bad- I haven't found any hats, robes or boots that are worth switching too- & I haven't seen any level 80 items at all :)

Survivor
Nov 06, 2010
Defender
Jun 03, 2009
Not any I have seen or bought with crowns so far does notc ompare with drops and I paid good crowns to try and set up and use it as pieces for a life wizard at level 80 the crown gear stinks I want a refund but know kings will never do that. LOL don't get fooled as I did.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
Stick with the waterworks stuff, its still the best gear out to win.

Jessica Shadowhunter

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
The only gear that I'd even consider replacing my waterworks gear for is gear that you have to craft. The recipes can be bought from a guy in Dun Dara, but you have to be a legendary crafter in order to do so. I'm still trying to get enough fossils to get that crafting bump.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
stanklepoot wrote:
The only gear that I'd even consider replacing my waterworks gear for is gear that you have to craft. The recipes can be bought from a guy in Dun Dara, but you have to be a legendary crafter in order to do so. I'm still trying to get enough fossils to get that crafting bump.
I know how you feel man those conga drums are ruthless. the only reason why i crafting is because the crafted helmet looked pretty darn awesome but kinda came to a tie with ww gear so all i have to say now is everyone better do the crafting quest because when the next world comes out the crafted gear has got to be better no doubt!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I've crafted gear from Avalon (including Dun Dara).

It looks good at first, but as you hit further into Avalon, you find yourself switching gear all the time to get the best stats to fight against bosses and street monsters.

Don't sell any old gear that you've been using. You'll find you will be using it more often than the crafted gear.

The biggest downfall from crafted gear in Avalon (even vendor purchased, or drops), are the power pip %, damage boost, resistance, critical block, mana decrease. All of these are essential when fighting the tougher Avalon opponents.

Try to do a mix and match with all the gear to try and get the best combination. Sometimes you'll have to sacrifice a little to save a lot, but don't sacrifice a lot just to get more general health. Not worth it.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
woot000 wrote:

Well i seen a robe for fire that was better than the ww robe

Armiger
May 10, 2010
towerdefence2 wrote:
i think we should stick with our waterworks gear and find good rings and blades in avalon :) :-) :D

Unfortunately, there are people that post messages like this.

Let me set the record straight, for those that just don't get it.

Level 76 Crafted gear, the Ice/school boots have the necessary critical block you will need against almost every boss in avalon. To not have these or the level 66 boots will leave you wide open and hit by criticals almost every attack by bosses. That's just for starters. Now, the level 76 boots are slightly better than the level 66 boots, just slightly. However, you lose tons of Damage boost & incoming health boost, most schools lose some resistance, and Death, Life, and Balance lose pip boost. Not a good trade off, but what are you gonna do?

Level 74 crafted robes, Yes, they give more critical, around 1 to 3% more! WoW, that's amazing, at the cost of incoming heal boost, accuracy, damage boost, global critical block (gaining critical block in 2 schools). This gear benefits Ice, but that's about it. However, the loss of power is significant. I will get back to the loss of power in a moment.

Level 76 crafted hats. Yes, these give a substancial amount of more critical points, maybe 2 to 5% more critical chance. Oh yay. Again, loss of Universal resistance (Gaining resistance to 2 schools, unless again, you are Ice), accuracy, even more damage boost, and again, for life, death, and balance, pip boosts. Not quite sure how this is adventageous to any other school other than Ice.

Now, as for the loss in Damage boosts.

Does Mobs not?
Leviathan, loss of 2 blades!
Efreet, -90% next attack!
Earthquake, loss of all blades and shields!
Death Ninja Pigs, -25% next attack!
Myth Imp, Dispels next death/life spell!

These are just to name a few!

Not including the Bosses that!
Efreet, Rain of Fire, Sirens, Leviathan, Earthquake, Basilisk, Frankie, Gnome, Wolly Mammoth, Etc.

So, some people think that we don't need the 24 global resistance storm gear has? Some think the global resistance of 28 that life has is too much? Really? WoW. Not to mention that boosts from crafted gear drop around 10 to 15%.

Yes, new pets have better boost talents, if they get those talents and not selfish talents. Yes, you can get better boosts on rings and athames, however, you are giving up critical block and heal boosts, can you really afford that with the attacks that mobs and bosses have? How many critical hits can you survive? Not to mention, that the bosses pretty much block every critical our wizards do, so what is the point of even having higher critical chance? No, we need more critical block is what we need.

A revamp of Waterworks gear is definitely needed, if anyone can prove any of these facts wrong, please feel free to try!

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
QueQueg wrote:
I've crafted gear from Avalon (including Dun Dara).

It looks good at first, but as you hit further into Avalon, you find yourself switching gear all the time to get the best stats to fight against bosses and street monsters.

Don't sell any old gear that you've been using. You'll find you will be using it more often than the crafted gear.

The biggest downfall from crafted gear in Avalon (even vendor purchased, or drops), are the power pip %, damage boost, resistance, critical block, mana decrease. All of these are essential when fighting the tougher Avalon opponents.

Try to do a mix and match with all the gear to try and get the best combination. Sometimes you'll have to sacrifice a little to save a lot, but don't sacrifice a lot just to get more general health. Not worth it.

I completely agree, which is why I'm still in my waterworks gear. The extra health may look nice at first glance, but it's meaningless if you're taking more and bigger hits because your damage resistance and attack boosts are seriously reduced. the only gear in Avalon that is a clear cut improvement over early gear are some of the wands. I especially like the dawnfrost blade. Compared to the school wands we got in Celestia, you give up 5 critical attack points and get 52 critical block points. The myth bow (forget the name at the moment) is rather nice too. With that, you only give up one critical attack point and get 28 critical block points.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
There is no good gear in avalon anyways, the waterworks gear is still epic :) :)and you should just keep it. It is really good!

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
My storm doesn't have any WW gear on but went through Avalon soloing most of the time. My critical reach almost 250 with the gear i have on. You just need to find the perfect gear that suits your fighting style

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand - Storm
Fiona Stardust - Life
Jose Winterbane - Ice

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
darthjt wrote:
towerdefence2 wrote:

Unfortunately, there are people that post messages like this.

Let me set the record straight, for those that just don't get it.

Level 76 Crafted gear, the Ice/school boots have the necessary critical block you will need against almost every boss in avalon. To not have these or the level 66 boots will leave you wide open and hit by criticals almost every attack by bosses. That's just for starters. Now, the level 76 boots are slightly better than the level 66 boots, just slightly. However, you lose tons of Damage boost & incoming health boost, most schools lose some resistance, and Death, Life, and Balance lose pip boost. Not a good trade off, but what are you gonna do?

Level 74 crafted robes, Yes, they give more critical, around 1 to 3% more! WoW, that's amazing, at the cost of incoming heal boost, accuracy, damage boost, global critical block (gaining critical block in 2 schools). This gear benefits Ice, but that's about it. However, the loss of power is significant. I will get back to the loss of power in a moment.

Level 76 crafted hats. Yes, these give a substancial amount of more critical points, maybe 2 to 5% more critical chance. Oh yay. Again, loss of Universal resistance (Gaining resistance to 2 schools, unless again, you are Ice), accuracy, even more damage boost, and again, for life, death, and balance, pip boosts. Not quite sure how this is adventageous to any other school other than Ice.

Now, as for the loss in Damage boosts.

Does Mobs not?
Leviathan, loss of 2 blades!
Efreet, -90% next attack!
Earthquake, loss of all blades and shields!
Death Ninja Pigs, -25% next attack!
Myth Imp, Dispels next death/life spell!

These are just to name a few!

Not including the Bosses that!
Efreet, Rain of Fire, Sirens, Leviathan, Earthquake, Basilisk, Frankie, Gnome, Wolly Mammoth, Etc.

So, some people think that we don't need the 24 global resistance storm gear has? Some think the global resistance of 28 that life has is too much? Really? WoW. Not to mention that boosts from crafted gear drop around 10 to 15%.

Yes, new pets have better boost talents, if they get those talents and not selfish talents. Yes, you can get better boosts on rings and athames, however, you are giving up critical block and heal boosts, can you really afford that with the attacks that mobs and bosses have? How many critical hits can you survive? Not to mention, that the bosses pretty much block every critical our wizards do, so what is the point of even having higher critical chance? No, we need more critical block is what we need.

A revamp of Waterworks gear is definitely needed, if anyone can prove any of these facts wrong, please feel free to try!
very nicely done I completely agree with you a new water works is needed despratly and why becuase as darth said the critical block is not getting better its getting worse and how you may ask well let me enliten you. every single gear i have seen has either has higher block for a few schools or none at all and i mean it all the boss drops in my backpack have no critical block what so ever and btw i have full ww gear and the ring and atheme from tower of helephant and my block is 103 all schools and i block pretty darn well so for now if you want the best universal critical block you gotta get the gear and the ring and atheme sadly

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:
My storm doesn't have any WW gear on but went through Avalon soloing most of the time. My critical reach almost 250 with the gear i have on. You just need to find the perfect gear that suits your fighting style

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand - Storm
Fiona Stardust - Life
Jose Winterbane - Ice
i wonder how many times you have died from a critical that your gear didnt cover 8)

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
gweedoboy wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand - Storm
Fiona Stardust - Life
Jose Winterbane - Ice
i wonder how many times you have died from a critical that your gear didnt cover 8)

I got 90 block rating across the board except for ice and fire which are at 155 & 140 respectively. its not a 100 but i do have decent block rating that i got from a wand . I did die but its from poor timing with attacks and healing, WW is not the ultimate gear for Avalon. My critical rating is quick enough to land a killing hit and NOT be blocked "most" of the time.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand - Storm
Fiona Stardust - Life
Jose Winterbane - Ice

I got 90 block rating across the board except for ice and fire which are at 155 & 140 respectively. its not a 100 but i do have decent block rating that i got from a wand . I did die but its from poor timing with attacks and healing, WW is not the ultimate gear for Avalon. My critical rating is quick enough to land a killing hit and NOT be blocked "most" of the time.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

i really hope your talking about the crafted gear from avalon cause any other gear you lose a lot of power boost resist heal boost accuracy boost and in most cases universal block now i dont know what your wearing but that block rating means you got gear that only goes on block and critical. plus you only critical as much as any ww gear person has. i know you would like to think other wise but you really just cant critical every 2 or 3 rounds

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
Sarahnimo wrote:
gweedoboy wrote:
Sarahnimo wrote:

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand - Storm
Fiona Stardust - Life
Jose Winterbane - Ice

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

i may have quoted on this same post twice now but you said that your critical rating is quick enough to not be blocked. now that doesnt make sense. no matter how high your critical is it will never change the amount of block the enemy has just in case you didnt know that

Defender
Sep 10, 2011

i really hope your talking about the crafted gear from avalon cause any other gear you lose a lot of power boost resist heal boost accuracy boost and in most cases universal block now i dont know what your wearing but that block rating means you got gear that only goes on block and critical.

First off that's how "I" wanted my gears to be. Nothing wrong with a gear that blocks and critical right? If you cant deal with the consequences of having crafted gears then go stick with your WW gear. But come on gweedoboy be resourceful, try to find something that will patch up what you lost in gaining something that Avalon's gears offered. Some of my gears can even be bought in your friendly neighborhood bazaar

plus you only critical as much as any ww gear person has. i know you would like to think other wise but you really just cant critical every 2 or 3

I offered you my stats but you gave me what? whimsical approximations? Are you telling me that my critical rating of 243 is the same with another storm wizard with WW gear on at my level of around what 150 - 170 ? And Im sure you will be nitpicking til the end but I just can't accept your claim that only WW gear works in avalon because I've been there and i know for a fact that it isn't.

i may have quoted on this same post twice now but you said that your critical rating is quick enough to not be blocked. now that doesnt make sense. no matter how high your critical is it will never change the amount of block the enemy has just in case you didnt know that

I said quick enough to take a chunk out of an average Avalon Boss whose Life points are around 10 - 12K because my critical rating makes me do so more often than not. Why would it change the amount of block of an enemy? They maybe able to block it to but the high critical rate makes me able to "try" getting one critical hit more often compared to a low critical rate provided by your WW gear. Im not in any way against WW gear anyhow its just that players should know that there are alternatives.

Try this for a change. get out of the forums, make crafted gears and see for yourself

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane

Survivor
Jan 05, 2012
towerdefence2 wrote:
i cant wait when i get avalon it is so cool