Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spamming in PvP...?(Few questions)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Hello!
Excuse me if it isn't the right place to place this thread on, but I am new on the forum.
So, here is my biggest question: Is spamming in pvp marked as not being skilled?
I just finished a match with a private life. I am a pvp knight, and my level is 26 blance and his level 31 life.
We both didn't have our main cards, centaur and judgement, so I considered this fight fair.
He started to tell me I am a TC spammer, thought I am not, I didn't use any TC's in this duel. It is true I do use sometimes treasure cards(Not in that duel, thought) since most people I battle with use them.
Then, I started spamming on him infection and on me shields(When needed).
So, is any of them like spamming shields, infection or any other card marked as being a not skilled player?

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
If you are not using a treasure card then i do not consider it spamming on any degree. You are just using what you got in your hand that specefic turn

Spamming is sometimes overused and overextended beyond the definition in the game itself

Something that would go in the "spamming" catagory would be using 20 treasure card tower shields in a row, however at your level decks do not allow that many to be held. Something that would not go into the spamming catagory would be using 3 weaknesses in a row.

That particular person you were playing with most likely had a more broud definition of spamming. You dont have to listen to him on his definition and you dont have to listen to me on mine, but i siggest you go with your idea of spamming and not worry to much about what other people say, because after all, spamming is not a violation of game rules by any means

Kevin deaththorn level 71 storm

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
If you only use your own cards not TCs then i dont consider it spamming, and it's a stragety no matter how you look at it.

Ben Wildcloud lvl 80 diviner(used to be in test realm now i'm only lvl 71 :()

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
The shortest definition of spamming is casting the same spell more than one time in a row, which some wizards apparently equate to cheating. But "spamming" is a really a derogatory term used to insult a wizard because he is using spells that make his opponent mad, and he simply must express his anger by calling you a "Spammer," usually followed by calling you a "Noob," and possibly calling you things that should be reported to KI.

If all 5 of my infections or weakness show up in my hand, chances are you are going to end up with 5 infections or weaknesses on you in short order. Deal with it. I've even been called an Efreet Spammer, LOL. How does one spam an 8 pip spell?

My motto is: "If it annoys my opponent, I must be doing something right."

P.S. Regarding Treasure Cards, it is my understanding that all spell decks come with a sideboard. Use it or don't use it, but don't complain about it. I put the cards I want in my deck. You put the cards you want in your deck. That's how PvP works.