Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the strongest pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
There is no such thing as a 'strongest pet'. You hatch and hatch until you get one with the talents you want.

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
In terms of pedigree it would be the sea dragon pet, however hatched pets have a greater potential and any of them can be the "strongest".

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I would say that the strongest pet is the one that gives you exactly what you want.
I hatch Sea Dragons, trying for 4 traits: Spell Proof, Spritely, Sure shot and damage boost. Have gotten three so far (spritely, spell proof, and sure shot), but not all 4 in one pet.
It will not give me the highest number in parentheses (), but it gives me what I want. Epic traits will give you the highest manifested number, but to me the epic traits are not desirable.
So "strongest" is a very subjective term. You have to figure out what traits you desire, and then work from there. If there are less than 4 traits you desire, you may look into trying to obtain a selfish talent that boosts an attribute that one of your other talents uses, thereby increasing the stats given. Central has the calculations on what attributes go into each talent.
Good luck!

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
well for you it might be different but for me it is my alert hound with spell proof, spritely, spell defying, and may cast tower shield :D

Kevin deaththorn level 71 storm

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
Survivor
Apr 16, 2012
I too got spell proof, pain giver, and sure shot on my sea dragon... but also got life giver, where I would prefer spiritly. My second number is lower than others but I LOVE the +% talents as they work EVERY round vs "may cast" which is a 10% rate on successfull spells casted by team... I solo 90% of the time so I feel my dragon is the "strongest" for my needs.

The only part that boggles my mind is that on WiKi it shows that you can get a max of 8%, 8%, 12%, on sure shot, pain giver, and spell proof respectivly.
Stats are all maxed and Im only 6% 6% 10%. Anyone know how to raised the base stats? breed him maybe?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
All these pets are strong, but a piggle could kill any wizard in a 1v1 battle within 3 turns. No exceptions.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2009
AstroStorm wrote:
In terms of pedigree it would be the sea dragon pet, however hatched pets have a greater potential and any of them can be the "strongest".
Zombie has the highest pedigree, I saw someone with it and he had 74 pedigree on it.

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
Survivor
Aug 23, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
There is no such thing as a 'strongest pet'. You hatch and hatch until you get one with the talents you want.

Actually by spell and talent wise, i say the Triton because it gives you the Upgraded spell that does like 1,100 something. Also it givesaway spritely and Stormblades and stormtraps and other stuff like that.

Seth Fireheart lv 78 Pyromancer In Ghost Avalon :D :D