Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Where is the Amber?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
Ok i have found out by gardening 16 King Parsley i usually get 1 amber at elder. It takes time and a lot of it. I believe King Parsley has the best chance of getting the rather rare reagent and your seeds keep getting replentished. With a few good harvest you will have enough Parsley seeds to get the amount of amber needed at a reasonable rate. It might take a month or 2 but if you really want the reagent it is worth the wait in the long run.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2010
been tending five gardens, loads of king parsley, given no amber, deadly ninja fig, got four so far, thought i could finish by Christmas, but doesn't look like it. Red bell pepper gave nothing. Don't stress, just keep gardening. Maybe have enough by Spring.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
Well, I haven't done this before, but I'm pretty sure you have to log out and in the game again. Then try... If not, probably re-instal the game.

Survivor
May 02, 2011
I have never posted before. Never felt the need to complain, BUT I have been trying since July to get enough hard amber to craft Samoorai. After FIVE months, a huge amount of gold and a fairly substantial number of crowns, I still have only eight of the twelve I need. This is ridiculous. I have read every post, gardened every suggested plant [nonstop for all these months], made sure I've got the things they "like" near them. How about "I give up!" That's it. I just give up.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2011
amilaurie54 on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
I have never posted before. Never felt the need to complain, BUT I have been trying since July to get enough hard amber to craft Samoorai. After FIVE months, a huge amount of gold and a fairly substantial number of crowns, I still have only eight of the twelve I need. This is ridiculous. I have read every post, gardened every suggested plant [nonstop for all these months], made sure I've got the things they "like" near them. How about "I give up!" That's it. I just give up.
You don't need to make the balance spell, you can actually farm for it in a Mooshu dungeon.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2011
Willowydream on Apr 29, 2012 wrote:
Where is the Amber we need for the new recipes? I have been gardening since Test Realm opened, and have yet to have Amber drop from any of my various plants on ten gardening wizards.
I was told a little trick and this week I got 3 ambers. When you do final harvest make sure you are in a myth realm.

Administrator
dobermanp on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
I was told a little trick and this week I got 3 ambers. When you do final harvest make sure you are in a myth realm.
That has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of a hatch, young Wizard. Myth-busted (pun intended)

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 02, 2011
Thank you, Doberman, but I wasn't trying to craft the treasure card, which I can easily buy at the Bazaar or farm. I actually wanted to create the card for my deck. Silly me.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2011
sparkgirls123 on Dec 14, 2012 wrote:
Well, I haven't done this before, but I'm pretty sure you have to log out and in the game again. Then try... If not, probably re-instal the game.
I said that wrong Lol!!! Anyways, keep trying. It's not always there when you need it to be. When I farm, I never get anything I want.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
HAHA! I just laughed so much on what Professor Greyrose said

Defender
Feb 17, 2012
Wizard101 is very fun, but remember guys, It's no more than a game. You shouldn't get so fussed up over amber, it's not the end of the world if you only get two pieces of amber in one month. Besides, there is heaps more to the wonderful world of Wizard101!

Survivor
Sep 08, 2011
amilaurie54 on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
Thank you, Doberman, but I wasn't trying to craft the treasure card, which I can easily buy at the Bazaar or farm. I actually wanted to create the card for my deck. Silly me.
First thank you professor for clearing that up, I wasn't sure if true. As for this I know you don't want TC you wan the actual spell you can craft or farm for Samoorai in first boss in mooshu shirataki temple (shoji) also same dungeon is Goat Monk and Ninja pigs.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
well i have only plants that give amber. I have one after 8 weeks of plants growing and maturing. That seems pretty harsh to people who have as many plants and spend money keeping them alive as i do

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
So that the only way to obtain these rather rare reagents is through the practice of Gardening.
Or from buying packs, but really I hate that we can't even get them from rare harvest from something else.

Survivor
May 20, 2012
amber is really hard to get! i have harvested all of my 12 red bell pepper and i still have nothing can someone please help me

Survivor
Mar 30, 2009
I have had all other regents for deer knight for three months and have harvested six to eight crops of plants, of the suggested variety, around 20 plants each time. I have received 4 ambers. Yes I said 4. They are indeed rare. A little too rare if you ask me. This is a little frustrating to say the least. I also really hate it when I work so hard to grow crops and then I have to work late and when I get home my bell peppers and berries are no longer a few hours from elder but now are back to days from mature. Thats some real mess that should be changed.

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
My story: I had luckily won the deer knight spell in a pack which was very exciting. However I lost it the next day after a KI maintenance session. I have complained over and over again, I have sent emails until my fingers were sore. The only answer I have recieved is that they are sorry but it must have been a treasure card and not a real spell. I have 2 accounts and all high level caharacters, I have been playing this game since it came out. I think I know what a treasure card is. They are unable to assist me in any way. So I have been gardening to get the amber I need to get this spell back. I have so far harvested 37 KP, 4 white tiger lilys, and who knows how many rgow and trumpets. Anyone care to guess how much amber I have collected thus far? Zero. Thats right I said zero. So not only have I had a spell lost due to KI, I have also been slapped in the face with all this crafting nonsense. Way to go guys. I am rapidly losing interest in your game as it seems to be nothing more than a money pit.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
The Amber is there I have crafted the Catalan Spell and have enough to craft another if I so wish. I have farmed over 40 Elvis's at a time to get the Amber but it is diffidently possible. The other drops from them too and the xtra pet food can come in handy in training and just to get gold. Patience is what is needed it does not come fast but it is possible.

Ronan Pixie 10 pm Eastern

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
amilaurie54 on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
amilaurie54, it seems strange, but you can actually get the trained spell as a drop in battle.

To my knowledge, each of these spells can only be gotten in one place each. The rate appears to be very low (I've heard 1 in 80, also heard 1 in 200), so you may have to grind a lot to get it. But you can get the TRAINED spell as a drop.

Samoorai trained spell can be a drop from Shoji, in Shirataki Temple in Mooshu.
Goat Monk trained spell can be a drop from Zaneki, in the Shrine in Shirataki Temple.

There are others.

So you can grind for the items needed to craft it, or you can grind to get it as a drop.

Either way, it is a grind. :-)

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
VariaVespasa on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
I've been farming king parsley on an industrial basis with 2 full max-sized plots going. One has cycled twice, the other maybe 4 times, for around 190-200 harvests and I've gotten 8 amber so far, so its doable. Also gotten about 50 sunstones, 60-70 aether, 110+ diamonds and 250k+ in junk pet snacks to vendor, and gone from lvl 11 to 13.5 gardener, so its worthwhile.
Interesting. My Amber drop rate in two full King Parsley gardens is notably lower than yours -- and is consistent, about 1 Amber every fourth gardens' worth.

However, your other note is astoundingly true -- with all the other things those King Parsley give, it is worth the time to garden them.

And the Amber does come. You just have to be patient. As in more patience than a Life Wizard kind of patient. :-)

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm

Survivor
Jun 15, 2012
tried what all has been recommended plus spent i dont know how much on packs
not happy at all with out come
first tried multipe pack purchases for deer knight card
then tried gardening for reagents,not one amber,really do not think one spell card should cost over
30 dollars....very unhappy

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
why all the crazy over crafting spells this game is supost to be about questing and fun, fixating on one aspect of the game isn't going to have a good outcome and will as ive seen from all the posts cause a great number of negative feelings, rember everything is a chance to receve as a reward not a gurantee so try and enjoy the rest of the game as it's meant to be we don't have to have the craft-able spells to enjoy w101 there just another part of it

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Willowydream on Apr 29, 2012 wrote:
Where is the Amber we need for the new recipes? I have been gardening since Test Realm opened, and have yet to have Amber drop from any of my various plants on ten gardening wizards.
Amber is one of the rare reagents that drive people crazy trying to find. And honestly the best thing i have found to access amber is by buying packs in crown shop, You get an amber about every few packs. Unforunately this gets to be an expensive way to get amber. But i have found that if you can afford it that lowers your wasted time on farming it.

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Amber is an extremely hard reagent to get!!!! The only way to get the popular amber reagent which is used for crafting, is through gardening or packs in the crown shop. I have been gardening for almost a year now and only received one amber from all of my high ranked, no auction plants. Amber is the rarest reagent probably!!!!! Here is a link below that tells what packs have a chance of amber and plants that can sometimes drop amber, and further info on amber...... I typed the word "amber" soooo many times here on the forum XD

www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Reagent:Amber

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
I'm about to take a break from gardening for amber. I've been at it for awhile and have nothing to show for it, it's starting to get aggravating.

I'm just gonna put some EMPs or something in there and come back to it later I guess.