Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

do not receive half the badges awarded?!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
Since I left Krokotopia, I have been awarded probably a dozen badges that are not in my badge list what so ever. These include probably at least 5 Marleybone Badges and certainly at least 3 or 4 Mooshu Badges. I was awarded 3 yesterday that are certainly not listed.

Why?

Btw, yes I have mentioned the problem to tech support. Thanks.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
....Example of badges you got that didnt show up? Never happened to me, mainly because I have most of the badges, now... To find a way to convince kingsisle to give me kingsisle support badge.... *ponders* (I am jk, I know my chances of getting it is LESS than 1 in a million :P (referance anyone?))

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
blkrsenmaiden wrote:
Since I left Krokotopia, I have been awarded probably a dozen badges that are not in my badge list what so ever. These include probably at least 5 Marleybone Badges and certainly at least 3 or 4 Mooshu Badges. I was awarded 3 yesterday that are certainly not listed.

Why?

Did it say "discovered ____ badge"? If so, it wasn't earned. This is not a glitch. When a badge is 'discovered' that means you've defeated something that, when defeated enough times, will earn you that badge.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
blkrsenmaiden wrote:

Why?

If it was in white text it meant that you discovered it, not earned it. Orange text means that you have successfully earned the badge.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
:(

hi everybody, thankyou for the feedback, that makes me feel somewhat better in itself, even missing badges. As to which ones; I should write them down, shouldnt I? Thats a good suggestion.

well I got all of the ones that I was supposed to in Krokotopia (I think) but I noticed after about the 3rd badge announcment in Marleybone that none of these were going into my badge list. At that point I mentioned it to Tech Support during a conversation about a glitch with a door in one of the Krok Dungeons. Later I noticed I had been re-instated with a Wysteria badge I didnt even notice I had been missing. but the Marleybone Badges remain gone.

Btw, good point about earned versus discovered. I wasnt really counting them twice, but that was something I wondered about, since the whole thing is a bit of a puzzle.

Um, my memory is terrible. I am lucky if I can remember what they are called even 5 min later, so I think I might start writing them down! The one I mentioned to the Tech Support was something like "cat thrasher".

Thankfully I did get the one I really wanted, from the defeat of Meowiarty. If that one had been missing, I think I really would have been upset. That one is called "Mastermind". yay! Im proud of it, I have that one up right now. heh heh heh.

So far through Marleybone and Mooshu, I typically earn one that I find on the list and might lose one that was announced, so its about half and half. Cant Tech Support easily just review the fights and look at the list and just see if something is missing? This doesnt seem like it should be quite such a mystery.

Thanks for the moral support.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012

hmmmmmmmm. Thinking it over. Is it possible the reason Tech Support cant back track is because the program has 10 possible options for each fight, which are awarded randomly?

If that is the case, Tech Support would have no way to know which badge had been awarded.

My guess is that there is probably a rule of thumb like you are supposed to get a minimum of badges per world. So maybe that is why they gave me one of the missing ones, from Wysteria? Somebody realised, hey, there should be a minimum of 3 ...........or something of that sort.

If there is in fact a minimum number but no record of which one, that is something they would have to re-program. Its not something that could be fixed by a tech guy in an office.

I have alot of other suggestions, for adding or changing the programing, at my Add - On thread which is turning in to something of a blog (lol)

Not intentionally but I guess I am long winded occasionally, sorry.

Feed back on that thread would be very interesting and greatly appreciated!

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/48550.ftl

If you want to "navigate" to it, look under the most recent Dorm Room posts (for programming suggestions etc) under the title "Add - Ons"

hey: if you want your fantasy, you have to ask, right?