Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely Talent

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
I am so envious of my friends, who have teen starfish ALL with the ability to cast sprite without command. I bought a starfish pet and waited a day for it to hatch, then trained it. They said it should get it at teen but instead of getting sprite spell it got the spell "Ice trap". Well, I'm a storm wizard with death as secondary, so that is kind of useless. Can anyone please tell me how I can get the spritely talent on this pet?

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
A pet's talents are completely random. You could get spritely when you train that starfish to adult or you could never get it at all.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
Train them until adult to see if they have spritely. Otherwise try breeding with another pet that has spritely. That may work. If not breed that pet to another pet with spritely. That has worked for me.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Why can't a pet learn spritey after adult?

Daniel Pearleaf Fire level 70 8)

death wizard level 64 8)

Storm wizard level 58 :D

Myth wizard level 54

Life wizard level 49 :-)

Balance wizard level 29

Armiger
May 10, 2010
danik101 wrote:
Why can't a pet learn spritey after adult?

Daniel Pearleaf Fire level 70 8)

A pet can learn Spritely at any age, teen, adult, ancient, or Epic.

Survivor
May 15, 2011
i dont know. i think that talents are mostly random. For example i have a starfish adult and it knows spell proof and ice trap. i am an ice wizard so this help me. but i still want it to learn spritely since i cant heal myself . i am going to breed it with my bravehound which is a myth pet.(which it can learn so talents since i am an ice and myth wizard.) Then on my second starfish i got from hatching it learned spell proof spritely it can cast ice balade and myth trap. These are good for me since i am an ice and myth wizards. It is curently an epic pet. So if you want one then try to breed with a pet that has spritely. Hope this helps.

Dylan Iceceaster