Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Unfair?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
i find it incredibly unfair that death is the only school with one hit all spell. (by the way i know live has only forest lord but i counting rebirth and unicorn to). so i am begging you kingsile please make a stronger hti all spell for death beccause frankly, scarecrow isn't that good

Defender
Jan 25, 2012
as a death student i find our school perfect. if you have the clothes to boost only your death attack and defense,and make use of all your traps,we can do a lot of damage. we do after all have death trap(30% to next death attack) death blade (40% to next death attack) curse(20%to next any attack) flint(70% attack to opponent,30 % to us,which isn't a problem if your armor gives you health) and of course dark pact (300 damage to us, which isn't bad if you have resistance to death. and then 30% to opponent)

Survivor
Jan 17, 2012
I know that it is unfair. but you can steal health from your opponent and scarecrow basically gives you back all of your health if you have 4 opponents which is really helpful.

Defender
May 05, 2010
Well it is pretty powerful to me, pretty much death is a strategic class and has attacks that don't come out well with damage, but once buffed with several blades and traps and maybe a critical, you can do about a few thousand damage and plus a drain bonus.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Dark7X wrote:
i find it incredibly unfair that death is the only school with one hit all spell. (by the way i know live has only forest lord but i counting rebirth and unicorn to). so i am begging you kingsile please make a stronger hti all spell for death beccause frankly, scarecrow isn't that good

Technically, you said "hit all" spell. Unicorn and Rebirth heals the caster and his/her allies. You guys have drain spells and Scarecrow is pretty awesome if you play it right.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Death can be a powerful school to play when handled right. Deaths excell mostly at 1v1 in PvP. The Drains and DoTs just tear down the enemy's health bit by bit.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
yes it is pretty good, but still, we only have one,

storm has 3
fire has 3
ice has 3
life has 3
balance has 3
myth has 1
death has 1,
but it is still really good i like it,

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Um... death rocks... as stated:

Armor with defense/attack/health bonuses
Blades, traps...
Pips to cast the spell...

It's powerful enough, and the ONLY school besides life that gives you health back. (I do not count fire's link spell as a health/drain spell).

Valerian Ravensong, level 9 Necromancer (In the making!)
Talon, level 5 Diviner (Also in progress!)
Wolf, level 32 Pyromancer
Victoria, level 22 Sorcerer

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Dark7X wrote:

Since you also stated non-attacks for Life, here's what Death has:
Scarecrow
Plague
Virulent Plague
Mass Prism
Mass Infection

That's 5 spells, I think Death's fine.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
You do have LOTS of death wizards that AGREE with you.. Death actually needs attack all, damage over time spell-

Death also could use a death bubble to increase damage.

You're not alone on feeling this way so don't worry!! Everyone is entitled to have their OWN opinion :)-

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I also find it INSANELY funny that most of the people that say Death is "fine", are NON DEATH wizards.. Or are low level death wizards.

Scarecrow is fine for all you NON- Death wizards- cause all you gotta do is throw on a shield and you are protected.. What good does OUR scarecrow DO us, when the opponent has on a shield?

Death is an Ok school and yes can be powerful- but it's just a FACT that life and death both SHOULD have a Damage Over time- Hit all enemy spell. Balance at least has Chimera, Death would even be okay with a double hit spell like Minotaur.
That's all.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
sparkstar1209 wrote:
Um... death rocks... as stated:

Armor with defense/attack/health bonuses
Blades, traps...
Pips to cast the spell...

It's powerful enough, and the ONLY school besides life that gives you health back. (I do not count fire's link spell as a health/drain spell).Valerian Ravensong, level 9 Necromancer (In the making!)
Talon, level 5 Diviner (Also in progress!)
Wolf, level 32 Pyromancer
Victoria, level 22 Sorcerer

It's the only school besides life that gives you health back?? You don't count Fire's LINK SPELL as a health spell?? WHAT?? LOL! First of all, Link is a healing spell any way you look at it. I see fire wizards healing MORE than life wizards with that spell ALONE!!! Not to mention balance has a spell that heals them.. Both fire and balance can heal with spells, that heal just as much if not more than Life and Death spells..

Joujou11cool states we have 5 non attack death spells- so death is fine??

SO what is your point?? Every School has NON attack spells.. UMM what do you think tower shield and stun block is for Ice??

Okay I am done spamming this thread now-

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
Actually, I feel that Death is one of the better balanced classes. The scarecrow buffed with sun school I regularly use in Zafaria still.

Devin Darksong – lvl 62 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
This is my opinion on death. what people have to realize in this game is that death focus is to decay and using your opponent life to your advantage. Players focus so much on killing and power with death. yes i would agree death needs another hit all spell but its really no rush, scarecrow makes being outnumbered pretty much a joke you heal from attacking. then you have virulent plague which cuts down the damage even more. so think about it if your in a group of 3 or more you can protect your team while keeping yourself alive. i don't even have a big issue with mass infection to much yes kinda disappointing but you never know when you would need it. i never thought i would use virulent plague and now i am using it all the time its a real lifesaver. Bad juju isnt to bad either. my complaint is the pip cost. If plague cost one pip for -20% to all enemies why is virulent plague costing 3 you would think for double the effect it would be double the cost. same with mass infection 0 pips for infection why triple to put it on all enemies why not just one i would go so far as 2 pip cost. Bad juju should be 2 pips. i am saying this simply because death needs to do its job and thats decay but its hard when our spells cost so much that we can only do one thing at a time. so to a degree i think death is fine for now but K.I. cant cut death short to much.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
Gannon777 wrote:

storm has 3
fire has 3
ice has 3
life has 3
balance has 3
myth has 1
death has 1,

Um fire has 4 and myth has 2

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Dark7X wrote:

Well, if you worded your sentence a little more better, I would be able to understand it and give better support. But since it's not, I think I can help. Yes, death is one of the weakest schools but you have to understand that the game developers specify it as "working together". Even though many don't "work together" and many tease us because we're weak, but we do have a few somewhat incredible powers.

We can heal while we damage.
We have a great spell known as feint.
We boost on life, but life doesn't boost on us.
Our shields give +40% damage instead of +35%.
Our school colors are just awesome.
Our school's original teacher is Malistaire himself.
We have an awesome assistant named Dworgyn.
We have poison, good for taking off death shields.
We do have a great amount of life, unlike Storm.
Doesn't fizzle as much as Storm or Fire.

However, there are some unfair things and flaws to us.

We are horrible in PvP, no offence to any Death wizard.
It take an ideal amount of pips for many spells.
Alot of spells are often weak.

So when you think of it, we're typically balanced out. So, we are great no matter what. If you don't like Death, well that's fine. All you need to do is create another wizard.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
Namine704 wrote:
This is my opinion on death. what people have to realize in this game is that death focus is to decay and using your opponent life to your advantage. Players focus so much on killing and power with death. yes i would agree death needs another hit all spell but its really no rush, scarecrow makes being outnumbered pretty much a joke you heal from attacking. then you have virulent plague which cuts down the damage even more. so think about it if your in a group of 3 or more you can protect your team while keeping yourself alive. i don't even have a big issue with mass infection to much yes kinda disappointing but you never know when you would need it. i never thought i would use virulent plague and now i am using it all the time its a real lifesaver. Bad juju isnt to bad either. my complaint is the pip cost. If plague cost one pip for -20% to all enemies why is virulent plague costing 3 you would think for double the effect it would be double the cost. same with mass infection 0 pips for infection why triple to put it on all enemies why not just one i would go so far as 2 pip cost. Bad juju should be 2 pips. i am saying this simply because death needs to do its job and thats decay but its hard when our spells cost so much that we can only do one thing at a time. so to a degree i think death is fine for now but K.I. cant cut death short to much.

If i could give cookies though the interwebs, i would buy you a whole bag of chocolate chip ones ( or whatever flavor you're into).

-- i do think one of the biggest problem most wizards have is that they are too much into the damage aspect of the game. It seems like the spiral's motto is: if a spell is not a huge monster that hits all (and has 1k raw damage) then it's automatically useless. To this i say, then what is the point of having 7 schools if they are all going to have the same spells with the same damage? why not just have storm as the only school and every ten levels get a new AoE?

There has to be variety people. not everyone should get AoE when they want or because they feel a new world is too tough. the spells we get are specific to the theme of our school.

Let's take death: Regardless of what a lot of people says, scarecrow or any other health swap spells are a perfect embodiment of the school's spirit: slow destruction while staying safe. Yes crow is a relatively weak spell (although if used properly, all that goes out of the window), but it's incredibly useful and relevant to the school. you get to damage all your enemies while making sure you are at full health. death takes time but that's the point. It's like with ice, your attacks are weak because you can stay in a fight indefinitely and keep at it.

And we really need to stop comparing schools to others. they are different, that's the point. You can't possibly expect to only have advantages. where's the challenge in that?

To OP: scarecrow is simply perfect for the wizards for whom it was created. Yes a new Aoe spell would be reasonable but that's because it's been a while and it would be a nice surprise, not because it's needed. we may not like the spells we get, but all them have their purpose.
You may take be upset by this but if you feel it's unfair that others school get a lot of AoE spells then there's always the option of creating a character from that school. but do keep in mind that if you have played long enough with death you will miss that ever useful life force death wiz get.

There's hardly anything that's unfair in this game. just different perks that different schools have.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
Yea here is an FYI death now has two hit all enemies spell. It's called deer knight. It costs five pips and does damage over time. I am not going to go in to the details so look it up online.

Yes I do agree death could use another multi hit spell so we got deer knight which I like since if we had a 10 pip spell that would take way too long to use.

Ethan Archmage Necromancer

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Gannon777 wrote:

storm has 3
fire has 3
ice has 3
life has 3
balance has 3
myth has 1
death has 1,

myth has 2 sir humungofrog and earthquake

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
it is bad.but the relly bad thing is wen you try to deffet folgaze and lord niteshade.(life is good!!!)

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
Deer Knight attacks all enemies and deals damage over time, Although you have to be a Legendary Artisan and craft it in Avalon. Grady is the vendor who gives you the recipe.

These are the items you need to craft it:

6 - Deer Knight Treasure Cards
100 - Perfect Onyx
200 - Ghost Fire
100 - Blood Moss
100 - Bone
50 - Spring
50 - Sunstone
12 - Amber