Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Really Kingsisle, really?!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Ok so me and my friend were pvping, and we are both master storms. So we go against some grands, and then we go against A TRANSCENDED AND A LEGEND. How is this even fair! He criticaled blizzard. and we couldnt even block! This is not fair to put transcendeds against masters! This is why we have so many problems with PvP because you guys put level 70's against level 40's! Then we faced a death and another transcended! The death beguiles, and the ice spams and criticals blizzard which again we cannot block! I would expect better from you Kingsisle, this is supposed to be a fun, fair game, and from what I see it is not fair at all! If you do not change it I will quit along with my other friends who play it will quit too. So if you dont want us to quit and to make the game more enjoyable, you need to change to level cap to: Level 1-10 vs Level 1-10. Level 10-20 vs Level 10-20,
20-30 vs 20-30, 30-40 vs 30-40, 40- 45 vs 40-45, 46-50 vs 46-50.
55-60 vs 55-60, 60 + vs 60 +. Thanks.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2012
I agree with that, but this is also a problem related mostly to team battles. In order to make it easy for you to find opponents or team mates, KI send you to the upper ranks after a certain time of waiting. They made it to let you have fun even when you can't find opponents matching your level. If that's a problem to you, I suggest you to recreate a match after a couple of minutes, in order to remain in the proper ranked waiting list.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
If you do not change it I will quit along with my other friends who play it will quit too. So if you dont want us to quit and to make the game more enjoyable, you need to change to level cap to: Level 1-10 vs Level 1-10. Level 10-20 vs Level 10-20,

Quit the game over an area YOU have chosen to play in that has nothing whatsoever to do with the game itself? Sure that makes sense.

PvP is not set up the way you want it to be, and never will be. There have been hundreds, if not more, complaints about it and nothing has been done.

If you don't like it, you don't have to compete. Go do a quest.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
its not only about levels, its points that are part of this. I am supposing you and your teammate had a higher rank than your opponents. If thats the case then it make sense for transcendeds and legendaries pair up against you.

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
RavenLady777 wrote:
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
If you do not change it I will quit along with my other friends who play it will quit too. So if you dont want us to quit and to make the game more enjoyable, you need to change to level cap to: Level 1-10 vs Level 1-10. Level 10-20 vs Level 10-20,

Quit the game over an area YOU have chosen to play in that has nothing whatsoever to do with the game itself? Sure that makes sense.

PvP is not set up the way you want it to be, and never will be. There have been hundreds, if not more, complaints about it and nothing has been done.

If you don't like it, you don't have to compete. Go do a quest.

No she made a valid point. The pvp system is out of control and its getting insane. puppet teams, treasure cards, people getting matched up against people double their level that are above level 10.

Until i hear that the system has been fixed and they have fixed all of the issues COMPLETELY then i will not ever do ranked pvp. Unfortunatley until then this is the way it has to be

Kevin Deaththorn level 70 storm

Mastermind
Jul 08, 2011
watsupdog111 wrote:
its not only about levels, its points that are part of this. I am supposing you and your teammate had a higher rank than your opponents. If thats the case then it make sense for transcendeds and legendaries pair up against you.

This is also a false statement no you wouldnt because they are 20 to 30 levels higher than you. unless you were destroying everyone within 10-15 levels of you this would not be the case.

Explorer
Apr 24, 2010
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
Ok so me and my friend were pvping, and we are both master storms. So we go against some grands, and then we go against A TRANSCENDED AND A LEGEND. How is this even fair! He criticaled blizzard. and we couldnt even block! This is not fair to put transcendeds against masters! This is why we have so many problems with PvP because you guys put level 70's against level 40's! Then we faced a death and another transcended! The death beguiles, and the ice spams and criticals blizzard which again we cannot block! I would expect better from you Kingsisle, this is supposed to be a fun, fair game, and from what I see it is not fair at all! If you do not change it I will quit along with my other friends who play it will quit too. So if you dont want us to quit and to make the game more enjoyable, you need to change to level cap to: Level 1-10 vs Level 1-10. Level 10-20 vs Level 10-20,

wow lets quit a game we play alot just because one small part isnt perfect good idea

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
I am baraly lvl 50 and beat a lvl 70 storm. :P
-Oran GriffinRider lvl 50 fire

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
PVP is a very small aspect of the game. To quit when there's so much more to do in the game is ridiculous (sorry).

PVP isn't what it's cracked up to be. Until KI overhauls it, it's going to be flawed. If you like to PVP, then learn from the experience and build your deck accordingly. Play 1v1 instead of a team. Play against your same/similar level friends for fun.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
"PVP is a very small aspect of the game. To quit when there's so much more to do in the game is ridiculous (sorry).

PVP isn't what it's cracked up to be. Until KI overhauls it, it's going to be flawed. If you like to PVP, then learn from the experience and build your deck accordingly. Play 1v1 instead of a team. Play against your same/similar level friends for fun.
"

It may be a very small aspect of the game to you, but to some, it's the only part of the game that is challenging and worth playing. PVE simply is a means to get what level and spells you wish to get for PVP. Yes, not all are like this, but many are just like this.

I agree that PVP is broken for mid and low levels and also needs a serious overhaul for all levels. To tell a person to do something like 1v1 instead of what they prefer to do, doesn't work. It only angers them. For example, I have heard some say to just level up to get away from puppet teams. That's a sad excuse to not fix the system for all players of all levels to enjoy and so is telling them not to team play anymore.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
"It may be a very small aspect of the game to you, but to some, it's the only part of the game that is challenging and worth playing."

I didn't mean it to be a small aspect to me, but it's a small part of the overall game itself, and I was speaking technically, not personally.

"To tell a person to do something like 1v1 instead of what they prefer to do, doesn't work. It only angers them."

I wasn't telling anyone to play 1v1 instead of teams. I made suggestions that might help build experience however they might play.

If you like to PVP, then learn from the experience and build your deck accordingly.
Play 1v1 instead of a team.
Play against your same/similar level friends for fun.

These are separate statements Separate suggestions.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
what about the life spell that lets life wizards LIVE after being killed a million times. i'm about done playing this game too. seems nothing is ever fair for all schools, and the one thing that gives everyone something to do when quests is over is pvp, yet they go and give life some angel wings that lets them live time and time again after dying. nothing like a life wizard going first, and having a deck stacked with that new spell that lets them live all the time?? the graphics in avalon are cool and the world is neat, but that's about it.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
Here's an idea. Play 1v1. The chances of getting a life wizard are there so when you get one, if you don't want to deal with the incessant healing, the Gnomes and the Guardian Angel nonsense, flee and wait a while until some other poor wizard gets them and then start a new match. lol There are too many variables involved in 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4 is the worst of them all. As you already pointed out, there are variables that you have no control over including who goes first, what cards you get in your hand first and what cards come up, who you get as opponents in ranked, etc. Even if you join group matches with friends, you don't know what you're getting as opponents. And for those of you crying about so-called puppet teams, if you don't like it, then don't play team PvP at those lower levels until you are a higher level or deal with it when you get them. I played with my low level friend with my high level Mage and we pulled a similar team and it was a good and interesting battle. We lost one and then we won one against them because we learned from the first battle. It's all about learning and getting better and figuring out stategies that work despite the unknown variables or because of them. A good team can win against these teams or at least put up a good fight and learn some things. So stop whining and learn or win. :D "There's no crying in PvP"

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
PIEISGREATYA wrote:

100% agree because well like lvl 70 and lvl 1 rank 0 vs like masters or grandmasters. Not fair! This does need to be changed, I agree.

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
At least Wizard101 has Pvp

Take the uneven matching a different way. Take it as a challenge.

Survivor
Sep 18, 2010
I agree that they should make it fair so that the players could face the

levels that are in their level range but, they can't make you wait forever so they have to match you with someone to get a game started

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
I agree, we should at least get lower levels than like Level 35's that I get with my friend too! I can so relate. I am so sorry for you, I wish I could help.

-Savvy DeathHunter Pvp Captain