Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance is not underpowered!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
I am tired of people saying balance is weak.Only its original is weak if you blade and trap it is very strong.Like sandstorm (255-295)if i do balance blade and blade storm with hex it can do 800-900.I think my balance friends agree.

Chris Hexcaster level 37 Balance in Mooshu.
Chris Iceflame level 5 ice in wizard city

Survivor
Aug 20, 2009
Yea! I think balance is the most powerful, there not weak just because they have a bunch of spells to help other wizards THATS what makes them stong!!!

Kyle, level 69 balance
(yay!)

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
the wizard themselves are not weak the attack on the spell card is lower then all @ Kyle ... saying balance is most powerful is a very bold statement there.

Sorry to tell you but there not but best wishes to you both :)

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
balance isnt weak. just that simple. If you are smart you can get to warlord in 1v1 easily.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
dude101271 wrote:
I am tired of people saying balance is weak....

I am tired of people posting how balance isn't weak becuase they think it makes the look smart/humble.

I could go into paragraphs and paragraphs of how balance, along with life and storm, are underpowered. Really, I don't think you'd bother to actually read open mind (no offense, its simply human nature) so I don't see the point in posting it. However, I will say this:

Balance has no in school way to deal with spirit/elemental shields, basically making them useless against well prepared opponents. The only way to effectively counter that is a myth mastery + shatter TC, this however, costs around 10,000 crowns. Fire can clear any shields stopping it without spending any crowns, so why should ANY school have to spend crowns to do that.

Balance specific damage has no specific buffs to boost it, meaning potential damage is much lower than other schools damage. You may say "But there is no specific shield, thus balancing it." This would be true if all your boosts weren't removed when you wanded off a weakness or tower shield. Along with that, balances barely has any single hit balance damage spells, so balance doesn't even have a range of tools to work with to count its weakness.

Wow, I really went on for saying that I wouldn't. It's still funny how what I said is only scratching the surface of balance. Anyways, hope I convinced you.

-Solstice64

Explorer
Dec 29, 2009
Who cares about elemental or spirit shields. I'll just use judgement and when it crits with a colossal and a few blades even your tower shield wont matter. If you think in any way balance is weak you must not have played it or you must have played it wrong... I have a storm wiz as well and while storm is more powerful balance is more even and to me more fun... Balance wizards can put out high damage if you know what your doing and are geared correctly..

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Solstice64 wrote:
dude101271 wrote:
I am tired of people saying balance is weak....

I am tired of people posting how balance isn't weak becuase they think it makes the look smart/humble.

I could go into paragraphs and paragraphs of how balance, along with life and storm, are underpowered. Really, I don't think you'd bother to actually read open mind (no offense, its simply human nature) so I don't see the point in posting it. However, I will say this:

Balance has no in school way to deal with spirit/elemental shields, basically making them useless against well prepared opponents. The only way to effectively counter that is a myth mastery + shatter TC, this however, costs around 10,000 crowns. Fire can clear any shields stopping it without spending any crowns, so why should ANY school have to spend crowns to do that.

Balance specific damage has no specific buffs to boost it, meaning potential damage is much lower than other schools damage. You may say "But there is no specific shield, thus balancing it." This would be true if all your boosts weren't removed when you wanded off a weakness or tower shield. Along with that, balances barely has any single hit balance damage spells, so balance doesn't even have a range of tools to work with to count its weakness.

Wow, I really went on for saying that I wouldn't. It's still funny how what I said is only scratching the surface of balance. Anyways, hope I convinced you.

-Solstice64

well said and to the point , lol

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
I am not trying to get into an argument but just hear i mean "read" me out (wow that was lame)Any way all my friends who aren't balance need help on people with 1200 heath and 675 on minion when i(balance) can defeat two bosses each with 2000 health or more without having any help whatsoever.Also I have no secondary school.

So i am just trying say that each school is special and i just think balance is the strongest when you power it up.P.S. Here is some advice for new balance wizards. Do not get a secondary school wait until you get to Celestia and get the sun and star spells. I am doing it and i fly through the worlds.(My cousin did this and told me to he has a lvl. 70 balance)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Balance has advantages and disadvantages.

Disadvantage: Balance 'hits' on other opponents are very weak compared to other schools. Advantage: There's no defense against Balance spells unless one uses a tower shield.

Disadvantage: There's not much in terms for powerful blades like other schools have. Advantage: There are three types of blades that can be combined for better hits (not much, but it helps).

Balance is disadvantaged at lower levels, until you can get to a high enough level that can increase the damage points, along with critical.

Another advantage is the Availing Hands. Great for healing yourself or others in a battle.

Right now, my Transcended Balance has 3605 health, 67 damage, 130 critical, 28 resistance to all schools, NO accuracy increase, 120 block all schools, 97 pip chance, and 24 health incoming.

It took a LOT to get to the point where I could actually do some serious damage with Ra and Hydra (which are pretty weak otherwise).

With the Chimera, if I blade,trap and amplify, I can easily get 1000 - 2000+ in damage points for EACH of the three heads ..... more if I critical (and there's no block).

When I started Balance, I was very frustrated because of the low damage hits. Once I was able to increase the damage points quite a bit, I enjoyed it much more, and everyone wanted to see Ra and Chimera come out to play.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
i started out with balance and wanna share my opinion about it with everybody. in my view, balance have no benefits or disadvantages. the health, defense and offense is all even. use it right, and balances devastating! sandstorm can hit hard and quickly with good critical and damage gear, making it useful for luska in WW. it also has good power pip chances. now, tell me, is balance weak?

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Balance was never really one of my favorite schools but that doesn't mean i dont love it. In the past balance has been a real help, especially to storm.
Simple point i'm trying to explain easily, it's not the strongest, or the weakest, it's simply the most special nad unique in battle.