Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The game keeps closing by itself. HELP!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
Hey! :-) Thanks for wanting to help me :D
So while i play normaly, the game just closes and a message shows up ''A problem has occured. Would you wish to report te error?''. :?

It does that every 3 minutes, and i'm just sick of it!
On my brother's computer it doesn't do that.

I tried to redownload the game, but same problem.

It started to do that when i downloaded the test realm. Now i have deleted it, but still, the problem doesn't stop! :x :x :x

What should i do? :?

I have Windows 7, my computer is really fast and it's about 5 years old.

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
If you think it was something to do with test realm, do a system restore to the day before you downloaded test realm. I had errors after I ran test realm too, but only after I plugged in my son's MP3 player a couple days later. When the player was removed, the error stopped.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Is the interface that appears from Wizard 101 or is it from Windows?

If it is from Windows, then simply turn off error reporting. For some reason, error reporting has caused so many problems with every computer I have ever owned. I ALWAYS turn off error reporting.

To turn off error reporting for Windows 7--Control panel -->System and Security-->Action Center-->on left side of window click on 'change action center settings'-->At bottom of that window under related settings click 'problem reporting settings'--> select 'never check for solutions'.

It will say not recommended, but you can always change it back if you feel uneasy about the setting. If there is an easier way of turning off error reporting for windows 7, I have yet to find it.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 70 Life

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You'll need to send in a ticket to Support. Here's the quote from Gamma:

Make sure your computer meets our minimum specifications to run Wizard101:

Internet: Internet Connection Required
Operating System: Windows 98SE or later versions
Processor: 1GHz Intel Processor
RAM Space: 512 Megabytes
Video Card: Best results with GeForce 2 or equivalent (standard in most PCs)
Disk Space: 5 Gigabytes

You can adjust how the game performs using the Options panel to indicate whether you want high or low resolution textures, high, medium or low graphics detail, different resolutions, full screen or windowed mode and bloom (which is the glow around things),

Try adjusting these to see if they improve your performance. You can also send Mr Lincoln a DXDIAG in an email and ask him why he thinks your game is encountering issues in Marleybone.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
Thank you all for your responds ;)

I emailed Wizard101's email support, because i'm really not sure what to do.

I'll tell you when i receve a respond!

Bye ,
mozaique

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
mozaique wrote:
Thank you all for your responds ;)

I emailed Wizard101's email support, because i'm really not sure what to do.

I'll tell you when i receve a respond!

Bye ,
mozaique
good luck! :D

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
Hey guys!
I receved a message from the support. A really nice person ask me for my Dxdiag and a file. I gave him and he said the mistake was due because of my processor or something, and he gave me a file to download to fix the issue.

Sadly the problem isn't fixed...
Anyways i'd like to thank the support for their help, because i'm sure it fixed a part of the problem.

But now, what do i do??
I don't know at all, my parents either...

Survivor
Jan 23, 2011
My daughter's computer won't even start Wizard101 anymore. It gets this dialog trying to start the launcher.

Administrator
pappabearturbo wrote:
My daughter's computer won't even start Wizard101 anymore. It gets this dialog trying to start the launcher.

Our support team should be contacting you shortly to resolve this. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us through email too, to support@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com