Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire school being forgotten?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Anyone else a Fire and ever noticed that we have the second to lowest damage next to ice? I dont think that should be right. Fire is suppose to be the second strongest school but since the lvl 60 cap other schools have gained greater damage that surpass Fires. It is true that we have a higher critical rating but thats nothing because almost every boss blocks criticals. This is just an opinion and plz reply what you think?

Survivor
Oct 29, 2010
Yes i am fire and have noticed that. I was very annoyed by it. Fire is awesome! Fire can so destroy ice, yet they have more attack with mammoth than we do rain of fire!
Fellow Fire Friend, Michael Moonstone Level 65 wizard

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
commando911 wrote:
Anyone else a Fire and ever noticed that we have the second to lowest damage next to ice? I dont think that should be right. Fire is suppose to be the second strongest school but since the lvl 60 cap other schools have gained greater damage that surpass Fires. It is true that we have a higher critical rating but thats nothing because almost every boss blocks criticals. This is just an opinion and plz reply what you think?

I am a level 70 fire wizard and I get where you're coming from! Fire has the potential to be a very strong school. I think one of the ideas with fire, though, is that it gets heavily built up, which is part of the reason why we have the Fuel spell. Not only is this for spells like Dragon and Heck Hound, but if you use a regualar fire trap and Fuel, 2 fire traps will be used; as they're from different sources. Last week I got Efreet to do thirteen thousand by using the following (the balance stuff is from my sister):
Fire Blade
Elemental Blade
Wyldfire
Balance Blade
Bladestorm
Elemental Trap
Hex
Fuel
Fire Trap...

and believe it or not... no critical! So, next time you cast a high level spell; build it up a lot - even if it means spending a few training points on balance stuff! One of my techniques, only put high level spells in your deck. I have nothing below Pheonix. I have 1 scald, 1 pheonix, and anything above that I put in; 3 or 4 helephants, all but one dragon, max. efreet and max. rain of fire. 8) Don't forget the blades and traps! Hope I helped! :D
Amber LegendBlade
Level 70
Transcended Pyromancer
Seth Storm
Level 10 (almost 11)
Novice Diviner
Olivia GoldenHeart
Level 11 (almost 12)
Novice Conjourer

Historian
May 01, 2010
pedro921 wrote:
Yes i am fire and have noticed that. I was very annoyed by it. Fire is awesome! Fire can so destroy ice, yet they have more attack with mammoth than we do rain of fire!
Fellow Fire Friend, Michael Moonstone Level 65 wizard

@commando911 and pedro921
How does 800 (more or less) compare to 1100? 800, all out front, on 1 enemy, vs 1100, over 4 rounds (excellent shield breaker), to ALL enemies? If you talk about efreet to snow angel, remember efreet's secondary effeect, the 90% weakness...... Also, at the moment, rain of fire is the strongest spell in the game, (that cost a set amout of pips, that is) and not only that, its an AoE DoT (attack all damage over time).
Hmm.... looking over that sounds like I am ice, doesnt it? But I can assure you, I am a transcended fire, and I am not noticing any of what you are talking about.....

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
you are very correct :P ice ... is supposed to have good defense ... and weak attacks.

Explorer
Apr 27, 2011
Actually Fire has gain more health and higher damage spells such Rain of Fire which does way more damage than Sirens.

Btw not everyone has Triage... Not everyone does PvP...

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
My first character (and still my primary) is a fire wizard. I had little trouble soloing my way through the majority of most worlds (strong fire bosses and extended fire-based dungeons being the main exceptions, plus the four boss battles like the raven coven and the end of Nastrond).

Seeing the new spells in Avalon, one could not, with any rational honesty, say that the school of Fire has been forgotten. Backdraft is, I believe, the strongest trap spell in the game, beating Feint by a wide margin. While there are some very tricky fire bosses that will be hard for us, there are also some bosses and quest battles that a skilled fire player will roll right over.