Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pink is only for girls.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 19, 2008
Why is pink only for girls, like for their clothes and other stuff, why do they only get pink and Boys only get the rest?
I think pink is a pretty cool color if you ask me.

Explorer
Sep 11, 2008
goldfish8 wrote:
Why is pink only for girls, like for their clothes and other stuff, why do they only get pink and Boys only get the rest?

Well i haven't gotten many pink stuff before. i mean I am a girl and i hate pink i think its too girlish, but nvm. If you want pink, just die it. It will cost a few gold, but if you really like the color pink than its worth it.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2008
Guys don't have the option for pink in the dye shop either. I don't like the color personaly but it does seem kind of sexist to have only certain colors available for each gender (other colors do this as well).

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
we never did? well i wear pink at my school and I am cool. Tough boys wear pink

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
DUDE,

This is critical, What kind of question is that?

In regaurds now and always,

Adam Firerider level 26

See ya in the Spiral!

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
koolkid12 wrote:
DUDE,

Adam Firerider level 26

See ya in the Spiral!

People still use dude? Wow!

I think all the colors should be made available to ALL the wizards. I have to agree with ane of the posts above....it seems rather sexist.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2009
I agree, it's not right. Especially since pink was originally the colour for boys, since it was similar to red, and was more war-like (or something like that...), and blue was for girls, since it is a calming colour. At some point (I don't really know when) they were switched.
I think boys should get the option for pink things, too. Pink is so an awesome colour. (my favourite, actually)

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
goldfish8 wrote:

The same reason that Brown is Boys only, while Gold is Girls Only, .... because nobody at KI cares to make all colors available to both genders. All they want is to give a "Gender Appropriate" palette based on research instead of Player Opinion....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 39, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
we should not miss out on pink like you shouldnt on brown. pink is an awesome color and brown is the cheapest. (smart players buy their robes and hats brown then go to the dye shop to get a different color saving about 100 to 1000 gold).

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
ninnian wrote:
koolkid12 wrote:
DUDE,

Adam Firerider level 26

See ya in the Spiral!

People still use dude? Wow!

I think all the colors should be made available to ALL the wizards. I have to agree with ane of the posts above....it seems rather sexist.

What is wrong with Dude? Is there a problem? Is it different from others?

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
NekoInu wrote:
I agree, it's not right. Especially since pink was originally the colour for boys, since it was similar to red, and was more war-like (or something like that...), and blue was for girls, since it is a calming colour. At some point (I don't really know when) they were switched.
I think boys should get the option for pink things, too. Pink is so an awesome colour. (my favourite, actually)

:?
My issue is that White-Brown items do not cost the same as White-Gold; Brown items are cheaper, meaning that Girls (stuck with Gold instead of Brown) are charged more for the same item, at the same level, even if from the same Primary School, as Boys. I have voiced this fact time and again; but I have no reply from anyone at KI on this issue directly. A Thread which directly questioned this issue was actually closed by KI staff.

Not meant to inflame, just to inform; Wizard is still a great game....

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
Well thanks for the info guys and girls

oh, and just wanting to say i did some research and made a girl character to see, and gold is exactly the same as brown, pink is only for girls, and brown is for boys, just to say.

See ya

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
Pink for girls only IS sexist! I think, like everyone else, all colors should be for all gender of wizards! Pink is a great color! ( Not my favorite, thats green!) Thats what I think!

Blake LionFlame
LVL 48 Master Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 10, 2008
Hmm. Just a thought but (if someone hasn't already) this thread should be put in Halston's Laboratory. The developers seem to pay more attention the posts in that area (seems like it to me that is). Or maybe we could get the colour issue resolved if we just put it up in enough areas to get the maximum amount of people aware of it. Worth a try anyway, right?

Survivor
May 24, 2009
Truly SEXIST!

I am angered and annoyed. As a woman and a mother I strive very hard to teach my son that equality can be real and all women should be treated as equally and fairly as all men.

I enjoy playing Wizard 101 with my son, partly because in that world everyone is on the same playing field. No one receives lower valued Wooden Chests for being a girl, no one receives less in gold prize money after defeating a boss just for being a girl.

AND THEN WHAT'S THIS! We get to Mooshu, find the awesome Headgear of the Sylth hat that comes with a Tryad card. My son saves his coins and buys it. I am so impressed with the Tryad card I decide to buy the hat as well, only to find out that he bought the hat in brown for $16,000, but the lowest I can buy it for is $17,400!!!! In ultra bland white and gold no less.

BECAUSE MY CHARACTER IS A GIRL!!!!

I am outraged and a bit personally offended. This INEQUALITY of the SEXES MUST be corrected immediately. How can we tell our sons and daughters that the world will offer them an equal chance in life when a children's video game can't even accomplish it?!?!

Kristen Blue
Level 40 Necromancer

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
NeoStar wrote:
NekoInu wrote:

My issue is that White-Brown items do not cost the same as White-Gold; Brown items are cheaper, meaning that Girls (stuck with Gold instead of Brown) are charged more for the same item, at the same level, even if from the same Primary School, as Boys. I have voiced this fact time and again; but I have no reply from anyone at KI on this issue directly. A Thread which directly questioned this issue was actually closed by KI staff.

here is an idea don't know if it will work how about making a wizard of the oppisite sex and switch it between players just anidea

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Lets do this! Everyone use pink/violet until men get pink. I mean, yeah I'm a guy. So?

Real men wear pink, and wear it in style :D

I would actually like it if I could have pink robes.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
NekoInu wrote:

Actually, no. Blue has long been the color associated with boys ... and by long, I mean well over two thousand years, at least.

Among the Ancient Middle Easterners (like the Isrealites, Egyptians, Babylonians, etc.), Blue was considered perhaps the most sacred (and powerful) of colors. It's mentioned as such in the Bible frequently, and Jews today still consider it holy. As such, people of the time used to make sure their infant boys wore something blue on them while they slept, in order to protect them from evil spirits -- such as Lilith, a powerful demon that liked to creep in at night and suck the life out of small children.

Since blue was also an expensive color to make, and nobody cared about girls back then at all, the color was reserved only for boys. It was only much later that girls got the color pink for themselves, largely by default.

So, really, dividing pink and blue along gender lines is very sexist, and ... frankly ... insulting, to girls.

Defender
Apr 25, 2009
Let's think about audience here. A bunch of kids play this game. What happens if some guy runs around in pink? Also, it's hard enough to tell the difference between girls and guys in this game, having a color just for girls seems more like a smart color choice than a sexist one.

However, guys being able to buy cheaper clothes than girls isn't right. Although...

You know, I probably should keep my mouth shut.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Pink used to be a boys' color, did you know that? It really is cool, though.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Blazian wrote:
Let's think about audience here. A bunch of kids play this game. What happens if some guy runs around in pink? Also, it's hard enough to tell the difference between girls and guys in this game, having a color just for girls seems more like a smart color choice than a sexist one.

However, guys being able to buy cheaper clothes than girls isn't right. Although...

You know, I probably should keep my mouth shut.

Some point you're right. Many people mistake me for a boy in the game, very little on purpose, but still. Once I was in a PvP match when a guy opponent said to his teammate: "Get him!" My other teammate was a girl with long hair, so I knew he meant me. I have the spiky-hair style that looks like a boy's (and also looks like the worlds of the Spiral had a hair gel shortage trying to style it), and my face choice isn't so girly either.

But I'm saying....

It's not about the character looks, is it? Boys and girls should have equal rights. And another player said blue was always for boys. Well in the 60s or something, pink was a boys' color. You can Google it for all I care. Anyway, it's not fair girls have to spend more gold because of paint, too. I think ALL clothes should be the same price, same with items, as someone else said, card blah thing, one hat was 16,000 and the other was 17,400. Maybe BOTH hats could be the same price, for all colors. It isn't fair.

Also for someone said a person could dye an item pink or what and put it in the bank. It won't work, because that could be a GIRLS' CLOTHING ITEM, meant for GIRLS to wear, and not boys, (ex. A boy wearing a girls' robe like a boy wearing a dress). Therefore, even if they managed to get the item they couldn't wear it whatsoever.

Scarlet HawkHeart
Lvl 31 Magus Sorcerer

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Meanwolfe1 wrote:
I am so impressed with the Tryad card I decide to buy the hat as well, only to find out that he bought the hat in brown for $16,000, but the lowest I can buy it for is $17,400!!!! In ultra bland white and gold no less.

BECAUSE MY CHARACTER IS A GIRL!!!!
Mine too.

Cheaper for boys than for girls?!? :x :( So girls have to pay more than boys for stuff? This INEQUALITY of the SEXES MUST be corrected immediately.I agree.
0h yeah and boys should be able to wear pink if they want. ---- Iridian Shadowriver
lvl 24 fire

Defender
Aug 01, 2008
What happens if you use a female character to buy pink outfits and then place them in your shared bank. Would they stay pink if your male character went to pull them out? Or would they change color automatically and what color would they change to?

Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
Most young children think that pink is only a color for girls, but that's normal because soon they'll grow out of that.

Honestly, pink is just a color like any other color. It's like saying girls can only own poodles?

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008
NeoStar wrote:
NekoInu wrote:

I understand your frustration, now here is mine, help me understand this.
I have a girl wizard with mostly boys. I can't get to Mooshu with her, as she is low in level, to check out the Dryad thing being talked about, that would be nice to confirm.
Now on this idea of White/Gold costing more then White/Brown, and that is the question right ?
I'm not seeing it, they are the same.
In Wizard City I priced 2 hats, Cowl of the Spider and Veil of Sparks, White/Gold for girls and White/Brown for boys they are the same price, 209 and 1879
In Wizard City I priced 2 robes, Novice Robe and Jacket of Withstanding,
White/Gold for girls and White/Brown for boys they are the same price, 17 and 2436

So show me some of your examples because I want to understand this and could someone check the Mooshu Dryad thing.