Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Trading Card Game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 08, 2012
I know I am not the first and certainly not the last but I think KI(KingsIsle) should make a trading card game of W101. This could be done one (or both) of two ways:

1) The normal way - You can buy cards like the graphic cards from W101 and simulate a battle.

2)My way. You buy a starter pack which contains 4 items:
- Character Drive - This would be a USB Drive that you plug into your computer and download your character's information. Once you have downloaded the information, You plug it into
- Character Hub - This would be a semi-sphere with a slot for the character drive. When it is plugged in it displays an image of your character on the screen
- Mat - This doesn't need a lot of explanation. It would be a mat that helps you lay out you cards correctly
-Cards - Instead of paper cards, make cards that displayed a virtual image of the attacks. The Electronic Cards would have a discard button too.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
Champion
Nov 22, 2008
slime24 wrote:
why does this remind me so much of Yu-Gi-Oh?.............
I am SO there dude. I mean the Chaotic is closer. Even still, Yu-Gi-Oh fans would play then. Oh and as a bonus your sphere has several slots for charter drives! Oh and a contention to the site so others can challenge you on line. Like PVP! USB lets the INTERNET challenges carry to your sphere! Your character drive would have standard slots: Wizard's name, Wizard's school etc. Then when you log in to a character, the character drive takes the data and adds it to the slots. Yea or Ne?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I don't see the point of this at all, since the game is online, why do the trading card 'game' as you posted? Sounds like a waste of time and money to me, sorry.

Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
I think that would be a great idea. However, what about charms, wards, and traps? What about instead a usb feature, what if themat could connect to the internet and receive character and card updates? Afterall, thereare more cards being created.u]

Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
Hello Wizards,

I think I've got two questions...

1: How would Kingsisle make this? Probably hard considering the curcuitry, and other dilemmas.

2: How many people would buy it, and how would they make it protected from piracy? I'm not too sure this would be a big hit, but hey! I've been wrong before. A game for a USB could be a problem. (Piracy and things like that)

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
Well, then again, you can always just make paper cards with special symbols (like in Redakai) that create animations.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
I've already made this by printing card and trading them with the many Wizard101 Playing friend I have. Don't worry KI, I am not selling them.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
the usb doesn't have to be a usb but something that just holds the characters appearance. the circuits would be hard but hey, you never know. one way to get it to look cool is that the dome looks like the field and there is a barcode on each card. when it is scanned, the dome knows which card to simulate and you could get xp and transfer it back to the game as well.