Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Item amount allowed in Crowns Only Houses

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 10, 2010
Good Morning, My daughter and I recently purchased both the Sultan's Palace and the Sun Palace. We love them very much, but we have a request. The total amount of items allowed in all houses is 250, yet these bigger crown only houses are much larger to decorate the way we would like to and we would like to request, if possible, that these bundle pack houses have a larger total item limit, say 350 or 400.

My daughter is actually trying to start a garden, and because you count even the soil that is put down as one item, and then the seeds as another, she has just finished decorating outside her huge yard, and now is not able to decorate inside her house due to the fact she has used up her 250 item limit. Granted, she has a large garden, but even if she didnt, that does not leave he much for decorating the inside of this huge palace. Considering these bundle packs come with their own housing slot, maybe you can adjust it so that the ones that have their own housing slot can also have additional item space to place items with. Thank you for listening, would love to hear your feedback with regards to this request. Thanks.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2011
I agree. I have both the sultan's palace and the sun palace and am at the maximum item limit in both. The sun palace in particular looks empty, not nice at all. Sine there is so much space, would be nice if they could hold more items

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
The reason for the limit is for frame rate, I remember reading another post, and, I cant remember who, Arthur? That moderator from marleybone, was explaining how items in your house reduce frame rate for every item.

So basically, they didnt put a max item limit just so you cant cram your house with junk, but its because if they didnt your computer would move at 2 frames a month. I would be happier if seeds didnt count as another housing item though. soil is fine though, it is taking up space.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2009
Now this is something I can agree on.

House sizes are soaring through the roof, and keeping the same limit on the number of items really doesn't help people who buy these packs for the houses. This is a great idea, and it should really be taken into consideration.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Great suggestion!! I agree, the bundle houses having more space and costing crowns should contain more capacity space, even if its only 50 or so.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
I was actually really surprised when I was decorating my Fantasy Palace and ran out of room. I echo this comment completely--especially the gardening. I bought a house just to start a garden outside. I was sad when I realized that each planting took up two housing spaces. Sure, I had a garden, but couldn't decorate around it at all.

My assumption has always been that the limits were a server space issue. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who would buy something similar to the extra housing space potion that would increase the number of items allowed in the houses.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
My hotel is too small, it is at a crowns house and my hotel limit is at the max. :(

An increased item limit can only help us all, although i see why they would put an item limit(glitch they put in duh!). Anyway i have only crowns houses, yes I have Mega and Super Bundles. I would happily say to KI why most of these ideas are good ones, cause three quarters are. But unless I speak to the Chairman of Wizard101 these opinions wont be seen clearly, or known to the director. Anyways adding housing space should cost crowns if i were to give input.

Poster,
Valdus Darkcaster

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
unique idea but dont know if it could be coded...

an area set aside for plants
so they don't eat up your item allowance
or make so when you add the seed
they become one item not two.

a fenced off area for the pets
like a mini instance to put the pets in
but i think a limit of 30 to 50 would be workable.

or just make a 250 limit pet impoundment
you can buy for about 200,000 gold
that should keep the hatchers of pet traits busy caring for that

Explorer
Mar 13, 2009
zofsm wrote:
I was actually really surprised when I was decorating my Fantasy Palace and ran out of room. I echo this comment completely--especially the gardening. I bought a house just to start a garden outside. I was sad when I realized that each planting took up two housing spaces. Sure, I had a garden, but couldn't decorate around it at all.

My assumption has always been that the limits were a server space issue. I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who would buy something similar to the extra housing space potion that would increase the number of items allowed in the houses.

Perhaps an optional Greenhouse that could be an addition to our houses that would not affect our house item counts?