Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet leveling in duels!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
Hey wizards, I'm Paprika2215 and my one and only Balance wizard's name is Cole MoonGem. I wanted to talk about a different way to make your pets older, aside from Pet Pavilion's rather dull training games: during duels!

I'm almost certain people have thought of this idea before, but I thought it'd be a good thing if I put it into a seperate topic. Right now, the only way to level up our trusty pets is by playing four rather dull training games, and if that isn't a bad thing all by itself, it takes LONG to level up your pet if there are just four boring training games. Why can't we level up our pets during duels - meaning, player vs enemy duels? For example, it'd be cool if our pets could level up from quests that give our wizards experience points - that they would gain experience aside from wizard experience. Or, if we get "caught" like I always call it (being touched by an enemy while trying to avoid them) our pets would also gain additional xp points after we win the duel! How's that?

Anyway, one wizard's idea isn't enough. I'm still kind of new to these message boards, but I'm already a pretty experienced Balance wizard (currently at level 39). So I'm hoping you could all tell me what you think of this idea of "pet leveling outside Pet Pavilion"!

Cole MoonGem
Magus Sorcerer
A+ Student

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Well, sometimes my pet's talents start improving after battles, (like accuracy but its not often)

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
That would train our pets too fast. My quests give a lot of xp ( i am not complaining but i am just saying that wont work) so couple quests and i already have an epic pet. Nope i doubt KI is with you on this one

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree with this, but our pet should get half of the exp we get in normal/boss battles.

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
I think that our pets should get about 5% of experience from quest and 10% from duels, because I am in Avalon, and one boss battle quest gives me 30,000
experience so that would be 500 exp.

P.S level 39 is not that experienced because there are 80 levels.

Survivor
Feb 01, 2012
i would love that my pets take like 1 million years to be adult and i think he is right wizad101 should plan everybodys ideas onto the game and maybe more people would want to play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by luke skywalker
lvl 34
A+ student
people say that they seen me before but proberly just another luke

Defender
Mar 19, 2011
There is something called mega-snacks which you can get during waterworks,
tower of the helephant and 2 in mirror lake 8) they make training a breeze

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I kind of disagree. This would defeat the purpose of Pet Snacks, and a Pet Pavillion.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2011
danashflame1230 wrote:
That would train our pets too fast. My quests give a lot of xp ( i am not complaining but i am just saying that wont work) so couple quests and i already have an epic pet. Nope i doubt KI is with you on this one
I think he means after a battle XP not when you turn in a quest reward, also I really like this idea.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
@kingsisle I also thought about this idea and I think its pretty good and you can keep mega pet snacks and it wont take too long if a pet gets a one hundred of the xp from battles. Maybe not from quest. I just think that this would be a good idea to put in the next update.

- Mark WildCloud (proud life archmage)

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
This is a great idea instead of playing those really dull pet games PS. i am a experienced wizard compared to others level 39