Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reagent Placement and Potion Making!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
REAGENT PLACEMENT:
-------------------------------
Do you ever think that it's really, really dumb where some of the reagents are placed? I mean, who would EVER leave a stone block just lying around somewhere? "Whoops, I just dropped my stone block! Better just leave it here." really stupid huh? So, how about there are like, ore veins scattered around the worlds, and you can get gems, stone AND ore from them? You can do this by pressing "x" near the ore vein, (it'd be glowing white so you can see where and what it is.) and your wand turns into a pickaxe. Then you just pound the wall with your new pickaxe. True, it would take AGES to implement this into the game, but it'd be worth it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POTION MAKING:
-------------------------
If you're like me, you don't even bother with potions because the minigames are so frustrating. You have to play for, like, fifteen minutes to fill one measly potion, when there aren't even multiple KINDS of potions. My solution, is, sometimes when you defeat a monster, you get a recipe. With this, you can make new potions with a basic crafting table. Some basic one would be...

-Healing potion: Restores all health back to wizard (ingredients: Mist wood, Acorn, some other very rare Life reagent)

-Mana Potion- Restores all Mana back to wizard (ingredients: Fossil, Lily, Mist wood)

et cetera.
The better a potion is, the rarer the ingredients are. Example, a weak poison would have common death reagents (Deep Mushroom, Red Mandrake, Onyx, etc.) a really strong one would have rare ones (Blood moss, Nightshade, Perfect Onyx, etc.) You can carry as many potions as your potion pouch thing allows, and get more as you pass worlds. (Like, for Krok, you'd get a new spell and a new recipe). This would also take a while to implement into the game, but it's better than having only one kind of potion and having to play a minigame for fifteen minutes.

Any Suggestions, Comments, Support on these ideas?