Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Frustrated and done with this

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 17, 2011
I am not a complainer generally, and have very little complaints about the game itself, but I am sick and tired of people that pop into a fight bringing in another enemy and then leave! Anyone else? I have decided that if you are on my 'friend' list and you do this to me you will immediately be removed.

Ginger
Grandmaster Diviner
Legendary Pyromancer

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Unfortunately, as long as humans exist, and as long as the human race remains as primitive in behavior as today, nothing will change.

Defender
May 31, 2011
I agree that is frustrating I even had one "friend" do this to me after I refused to gift him a crown item. I am a softy at heart and when I first started this game I accepted almost any friends request. I have since been more judicious in whom I accept. Almost without exception I do not accept any friends request without first seeing how they perform with me in battle and I they need to be close or above the same level as I. If they do not behave as a friend after I accept I do no hesitate to remove them from my list. I, also, make use of the ignore feature for the verbally rude players.

In dungeons I will often turn off my 'friends may teleport' option.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Ginger, PLEASE.... do not let the bad apple spoil the bunch. People in general make mistakes and do dumb things. It's not worth stressing over. As long as you are able to get what you need in the end, I say get over it. Sorry that sounds a bit bad, but I stand by it. Way too many people hold on to negativity, and the world doesn't need any more of it.

Good luck to you...

Abigail Daisyblade Transcended Pyro
Moira Stormgiver Trans Necro
Moira Stormslinger Trans Diviner

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
GingerC wrote:
I am not a complainer generally, and have very little complaints about the game itself, but I am sick and tired of people that pop into a fight bringing in another enemy and then leave! Anyone else? I have decided that if you are on my 'friend' list and you do this to me you will immediately be removed.

Ginger
Grandmaster Diviner
Legendary Pyromancer

Welcome to online gaming. It's common. It's been beat to death here. There's nothing you can do about it. If these people are your friends, you can easily turn off teleporting, which is what I've done. And warn them once, then ignore them. It it's just random people, you're kind of stuck with it.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
GingerC wrote:

Ginger
Grandmaster Diviner
Legendary Pyromancer

best way to deal with those people are but not limited to
1. flee the fleeie

meaning if they join in without permision and ya dont want them there port out and delete them
2. keep the gate close unless ya expect a port
keep port off until a certain friends asks to come in and auto take it down afterwords

Delver
Jul 21, 2009
Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Instead of deleting them without warning, maybe you should give them a warning. Or just let them know so it won't happen. Hope this helps!

--Sabrina Goldendust
lvl 38 conjurer

Defender
Nov 05, 2011
This I admit is a very annoying thing that Certain wizards do, but it's nothing worth getting very frustrated by, I guess what I'm saying is, we're only human.

If you were my friend and you left me in that situation, I would usually not delete you unless you've annoyed me several times before.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Unfortunately, as long as humans exist, and as long as the human race remains as primitive in behavior as today, nothing will change.

I agree with this fully.

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
Defender
Sep 05, 2010
There should seriously be an option in a game to not let other people join. For your friends, you can turn off people being able to follow you. But for other people, when you are in battle, there should be a pad-lock in the corner, and if you lock it, people can not join that battle.

Defender
May 31, 2011
EvanJadepetal wrote:
There should seriously be an option in a game to not let other people join. For your friends, you can turn off people being able to follow you. But for other people, when you are in battle, there should be a pad-lock in the corner, and if you lock it, people can not join that battle.

When it comes to dungeons you can pretty much control who joins you. If I particularly do not want any surprise visits like the OP said, I turn off my "friends may port". I, also, ask any one I have helping me with the dungeon if they would do the same as well. If they don't want to though I let it go, it isn't a deal breaker with me. If someone does port in and become a problem, I deal with it then, but in my experience that rarely is needed.

I have to admit when I first started playing this game I would have agreed with you when it came to mobs or street battles. However, the longer I played and the further I got into the different worlds that view has changed. I don't feel excluding others from your battle as fair. There are many others playing the game that will need the same enemies that are in the area you are fighting, but there are only so many battles that can be fought in the area at one time. It isn’t fair to take away battle space for your own convenience. In several cases the enemies available for the quest are not that plentiful and you need to be willing to share them. I do not think it is right or fair for someone keep anyone else from having access to those enemies. I know you can change realms to find some areas open for battles, but why should I expect others to change realms just because I do not want go find a realm less populated and therefore greatly lessen the chances of having someone join my battle? This game can certainly for the most part be played solo if one chooses and I am not saying it is wrong to do so, but it is set up as a social game and I really doubt that the creators would put limits on who can join a street battle and who can not. I have learned to adjust my battle style on streets to allow for unplanned enemies. For example I make sure I have enough heal cards in my deck and if necessary have some heal treasure cards. I will, also, try to eliminate the second enemy first in case someone joins the extra enemy will not take the first position, thus increasing the chances of my getting attack more by him/her/it.

I do solo a lot. When I want to play alone for any reason I will use the perfect realms and usually the ones further down the list. If I am playing alone, but want or really do not mind others joining my street battles, I play in the crowded or normal realms. When I got in the more advance realms, found the more in a street battle the better. The drop rate for items needed for quests become much lower and I appreciate having more than 2 enemies to battle at one time. Going through the more advance realms take much longer solo, also, so I appreciate group battle more in that respect, too. For the most part I have found that if I am respectful, polite, and friendly so are others that I meet. As for the one that are not pleasant to be around I just use the ignore, flee, change realm, etc options.