Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Playing options of Wizard101 & Crowns

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
Hey there, players of Wizard101! I'm Paprika2215, and I am going to talk about the playing options and Crowns.

When I first found this game by total coincidence (because I was looking for a new MMORPG to play) I first started as a free-to-play player, but I found the game soooo much fun that I became a member the very next day. :D I had read very carefully about the different ways to play Wizard101, so I knew about Crowns already - I thought that the best way to play this game fully is by purchasing a membership, which is exactly what I did. I had hoped that, once I was a member, there'd be some other way to receive Crowns beside buying them on the game site, because I had already seen the many coooool items the Crown Shop has to offer. But I found out that the only way to get them is by purchasing them... Which gets me to my point (sorry, I'm not very good at getting to my point quickly :? ) I think Crowns are too expensive... now, I'm not complaining, not at all, because the items from the Crown Shop can be very benefitial. So my point is, my real point, is that Crowns should be or, less expensive, or there should be a way to earn them in-game.

So that's my opinion... what is everyone else thinking about the Crowns and the Crown Shop? Not the items it holds, but the shop itself. I'd like to hear other players' opinions on this! :)

Administrator
If you have a Membership, Crowns are not required to progress through the game. Everything sold for Crowns is non-essential to gameplay.

Items that can be purchased in the Crown Shop can also be obtained in other ways unless they shortcut gameplay.*

You can spend the Crowns to get the item immediately or you can spend the time to farm the boss to get a chance to get the item. Some items are also offered for gold, or can be crafted.

*Henchmen and Elixirs are examples of shortcuts to gameplay. There are always exceptions, but this is the main tenet we strive to abide by.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 22, 2010
I agree w/ paprika. They're too expensive. One of the pets in the crowns shop costs 20 bucks real money. I get it KI needs to make money, but they would still make a ton of money if crowns coat Half they do now. Read my other rants on this subject in "rise of the lame pet" and "seriously KI, seriously"

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Paprika2215 wrote:
I had hoped that, once I was a member, there'd be some other way to receive Crowns beside buying them on the game site, because I had already seen the many coooool items the Crown Shop has to offer. But I found out that the only way to get them is by purchasing them...

You can earn Crowns by inviting your friends to play Wizard101 with the 'Invite a Friend' button in the Friends panel of the Wizard101 game.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/help-faq