Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Long haul Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 14, 2011
As both a player and a parent,
I have some questions about the length of some missions, specifically Dungeons that have be completed in a single pass.

How long is the Golden Seals quest supposed to take???

My wife (Lvl 59 Life/Ice) and I (level 60 Balance/Life) together have tried to complete it more than once now.

WHOA!
Just the other night we started it at about 10:30 PM.
We fought our way through the skeletons, got health & put our characters in a Ctrl + arrow spin to take a short break,
and then on to trolls and another stretch break,
and then on to the bears and yet another break (took the dogs for a quick walk around block).

We finally got to the Ice Giant's boys. It took a few mins to figure out the rules of their inner game. Neither of us are game newbs, but their luck was superb in scoring uncountered criticals. A defeat for each that couldn't be healed was met with flee, a flask & a quick port return.
(I know some will snicker at a loss, but meh so what, it's a game.)
Seriously though, we got through the fight with Jotun and his gang with less trouble!!

A long fight later, we finally dropped the last Son of the big Ice Daddy.....
only to be greeted with a simple line of text:
"Defeated 3 of 4 brothers".
HUH????????
You have got to be kidding!!!
As it was nearly 4:30 AM by then, we were both way too tired to go through another 4 rounds of tag with the brotherhood.

Over the years, I've logged many hours behind keyboard, mouse or joysticks playin computer games - LOL! since before DOOM. For the most part, I've enjoyed this game,
but the length of some of these later quests can't help but have me wonder about the duration & health issues.

So what's the scoop?
How long should it take for a pair of level 59 wizards to go through quests like the Golden Seals?

Or is there some other trick we're missing???

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Sorry it took you so long. It normally takes me less than an hour dual boxing Nastrond. Tips:
1. Train Gargantuan on both characters. It really helps for a fast kill.
2. Get treasure cards from the bazaar. TC feints, life blades, spirit blades (all of the different types, usually the regular spirit and the nightmare versions are available), life prisms, amplify, pierce, reshuffle, and balance blades will help for the big bosses. Jewel of the Feint helps too.
3. Get a dragonblade pet. The extra blade card will definitely help. Spritely and spell proof helps too. :)

Skeleton deck
1. Balance: 2 balance blades, 2 gargantuans, 1 Ra, 1 Power Nova, 1 Reshuffle.
2. Life: 2 Life Blades, 2 gargantuans, 2 Forest Lords.
If you already trained amplify, great, but keep a few amplify tcs in your side as well as a couple spritelys.

For the skeletons and troll mobs, you want to use blade, another stacking blade if you have it or amplify, and then hit on the third round with garg Ra (or Power Nova if you don't have the pips) and garg Forest Lord. Should take them out. You should be able to heal from all of the health wisps lying around in Nastrond.

Little bosses
Blade up life from balance, stack tc feint and amulet feint from balance, life blades and amplifies, pierces towers when needed, and life kills them all with a garg Forest Lord. 4 or 5 rounds.

Gang of 4
Treat it like the little bosses only more blades from balance, life prism life boss. Keep a garg Ra just in case. 6 or 7 rounds.

Final Bosses
Same idea as Gang of 4, except after Life hits and kills all of the brothers, Balance kills Nordri with a Garg Judge after Nordri shatters his tower. :)

Good luck!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
As the dungeon warning prior to going in states, if you go into the dungeon with less than four people it will take longer than the average time.

The first time I did Waterworks, I did it with two people and it took around three hours. Now with four people who know the cheats, it takes less than an hour.

If you turned your dungeon warning off (which states the average time the dungeon should take), you can turn it back on through the options tab.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
ThePlasmaMaster wrote:
As both a player and a parent,
I have some questions about the length of some missions, specifically Dungeons that have be completed in a single pass.

How long is the Golden Seals quest supposed to take???

My wife (Lvl 59 Life/Ice) and I (level 60 Balance/Life) together have tried to complete it more than once now.

WHOA!
Just the other night we started it at about 10:30 PM.
We fought our way through the skeletons, got health & put our characters in a Ctrl + arrow spin to take a short break,
and then on to trolls and another stretch break,
and then on to the bears and yet another break (took the dogs for a quick walk around block).

We finally got to the Ice Giant's boys. It took a few mins to figure out the rules of their inner game. Neither of us are game newbs, but their luck was superb in scoring uncountered criticals. A defeat for each that couldn't be healed was met with flee, a flask & a quick port return.
(I know some will snicker at a loss, but meh so what, it's a game.)
Seriously though, we got through the fight with Jotun and his gang with less trouble!!

A long fight later, we finally dropped the last Son of the big Ice Daddy.....
only to be greeted with a simple line of text:
"Defeated 3 of 4 brothers".
HUH????????
You have got to be kidding!!!
As it was nearly 4:30 AM by then, we were both way too tired to go through another 4 rounds of tag with the brotherhood.

Over the years, I've logged many hours behind keyboard, mouse or joysticks playin computer games - LOL! since before DOOM. For the most part, I've enjoyed this game,
but the length of some of these later quests can't help but have me wonder about the duration & health issues.

So what's the scoop?
How long should it take for a pair of level 59 wizards to go through quests like the Golden Seals?

Or is there some other trick we're missing???

I think the one short is because one fell while you were ported out getting potion fill and I believe we have had this happen during one of our passes though this dungeon. Although I did take this quest on my first two wizards though the game I no longer take it from Mother Raven and will play wait and see if it is ever required and worry about it then.

As for these things and the time it takes to get it out of your book, it all depends, I have went though with one other person taking around an hour and with four people taking up to three hours.