Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice has way too many hp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Why was storm given so few hp compared to Ice and the other schools? Then they gave the "tank" Ice more shields than any other school? Nobody with that many points needs that many shields. Thank goodness that myth has a remedy for the shields of ice.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Pepperforce wrote:
Why was storm given so few hp compared to Ice and the other schools? Then they gave the "tank" Ice more shields than any other school? Nobody with that many points needs that many shields. Thank goodness that myth has a remedy for the shields of ice.

the definiton of ice wizard in this game is
highest health and ammount of shields but somewhat weaker attackwise
dont take that away from us ice wizards and storm gets the lowest health cause they do the most damage
every school is balanced as they are

Explorer
Mar 19, 2011
Storm= Big Damage
Ice= Big Defense

See a connection? The way I put it, is that Storm should be rivaled with Ice.

In PvP, Storm puts on a storm shield, Tritons, bam the opponent is gone. But if the person has a shield, the opponent is still likely gone because storm has the power to go through shields so there is barely any need for healing.

Ice, on the other hand, has the power to go against storm with there mighty resist and health (63 resist to storm ..) to power through there attacks. But ice has weak spells because of there defense. Ice is still weak because it does not have a spell that is above 1000
(no gargantuan).

So, I hope you understand why Ice has the health it has. So much people complain that Ice is too strong now. Please people EVERYONE complains about EVERY class (Usually a particular spell). Like how everyone hates myth because of earthquake. But when a Myth is on THERE team, then they love myth. I seen this happen before.

Storm and Storm Lord, Siren, Levy (yes I hear lots of people complain)

Myth is already explained.

Life and the Rebirth.

Ice and there health.

Fire with Choke and Smokescreen.

Death.. well I guess it doesn't have a spell or anything just hard to kill because of Wraith, Scarecrow, and now Frankenstein.

Balance with Nova, Ra, and Judge
(at a lower level).

Sorry if I got off topic. I tend to babble. :D :P

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
That's just the way the schools are. Ice is a protection school, while Storm is all about raw power.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Pepperforce wrote:
You're contradicting yourself. Tanks are completely defense based, so their health and shields accomplish that. Storm is a damage class, so to balance out their damage, they gave us lower health.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Pepperforce wrote:

I agree with you. Ice has way too much hp. They were the weakest school up til level 50 but no more. They have more shields and more hp. I say remove some of the hp and give all tower shields. Not too brave hiding behind all those shields.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
grvy123 wrote:
Pepperforce wrote:

the definiton of ice wizard in this game is
highest health and ammount of shields but somewhat weaker attackwise
dont take that away from us ice wizards and storm gets the lowest health cause they do the most damage
every school is balanced as they are

All schools should have equal hp.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
gogogo159 wrote:
Storm= Big Damage
Ice= Big Defense

See a connection? The way I put it, is that Storm should be rivaled with Ice.

In PvP, Storm puts on a storm shield, Tritons, bam the opponent is gone. But if the person has a shield, the opponent is still likely gone because storm has the power to go through shields so there is barely any need for healing.

Ice, on the other hand, has the power to go against storm with there mighty resist and health (63 resist to storm ..) to power through there attacks. But ice has weak spells because of there defense. Ice is still weak because it does not have a spell that is above 1000
(no gargantuan).

So, I hope you understand why Ice has the health it has. So much people complain that Ice is too strong now. Please people EVERYONE complains about EVERY class (Usually a particular spell). Like how everyone hates myth because of earthquake. But when a Myth is on THERE team, then they love myth. I seen this happen before.

Storm and Storm Lord, Siren, Levy (yes I hear lots of people complain)

Myth is already explained.

Life and the Rebirth.

Ice and there health.

Fire with Choke and Smokescreen.

Death.. well I guess it doesn't have a spell or anything just hard to kill because of Wraith, Scarecrow, and now Frankenstein.

Balance with Nova, Ra, and Judge
(at a lower level).

Sorry if I got off topic. I tend to babble. :D :P

Have you read the damage for each spell. Ice and Fire have more multiple attacks than any other schools also for the level 48 spell, they get help from friends. No other school gets that. Once upon a time Ice was weak but no more. Hp should be equal for all schools. Guess storm wizards know how to power up spells better than most schools which makes it seem more powerful. Saw a video on Youtube of a storm wizard take down Helephant tower nearly as a solo, haven't seen any other school or wizard do that. Guess that proves Storm wizards should be hailed as the best and most powerful on game. :)

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I'm an Ice AND a Storm wizard, and i know from experience that Storm can beat any Ice wizard/enemy no matter what each of their hp is (And vice versa). And while Ice has Tower Shield, Storm has a shield that protects from Ice! Besides, Ice is made for defense and storm is made for offense. In a team, Ice would most likely protect themselves and the storm character who would be busy blading up for a big spell like Triton. Besides, Ice's extra health just gives you storm wizards another reason to try for a new record in hit points!

Diana BlueThorn, Level 70 Ice Wizard
Diana IceRiver, Level 50 Storm Wizard

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Thaumaturge (Ice): High health, but weak attacks
Dinver (Storm): Low health, but strong attacks, overpowered. Get over it.

Explorer
Feb 12, 2012
ok dude listen if ANY school needs to be ramped up in damage its fire ,storm wizards are doing 1000 damage by like level 30 so fire needs a bonus I WANT MORE FIRE SPELLS PLZ!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
All schools should have equal hp.
Yeah, and the same damage, the same gear, the same spells, the same pets. That would leave such a difference between each school!

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Pepperforce wrote:

Oh God here we go again, ice is given lots of shields and alot of health because ice doesnt have high amounts of damage like the fire and storm schools, so they are more defensive and then they dont have to complain like you!

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
Survivor
Apr 10, 2011

Oh, yes.We really do need to get rid of Ice's high health and shields. In addition, let's also get rid of....

Fire's DOTs
Life's Healing
Death's Drain Spells
Balance's Bit Of Everything
Myth's Minions
All Astral Spells ["It is soooo overpowered"]
And, who could forget...
Storm's Damage

Not so sure about that.

Why? Because the second we get rid of what makes Ice Ice, it won't be 7 Schools[Not counting Astral]. It'll be 6 Schools and that weird school that doesn't do anything. Not sure Ice wizards will like that. :x :x

KingsIsle Entertainment makes sure everything is fair. That's why there's Power Nova, unfortunately for us Balance Wizards. :( Even the most unfair people could see something wrong with a school with low damage, low defenses, and low health.In order to balance it, they'd have to take away all the other school's good points.

If you want to play Wizard101 with no schools, only 9 spells, no animations, and only plain damage, that's fine with me.

:D I love arguing :D

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
nlhf1995 wrote:
get over it. storm is overpowered. each school has a specialty.
Overpowered in an opinion. We have high damage, Doesn't mean we're overpowered, we die and are defended against as easily as anyone else. Trust me, I have more ranked losses then wins in my record.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
Pepperforce wrote:

Becuase Ice's Level 42 move does 520 - 580 damage And Storms level 22 does 520 - 580. So storm is very strong so they dont need hp but Ice is weak so they need lots of hp.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
nlhf1995 wrote:
get over it. storm is overpowered. each school has a specialty.

You're assuming I've got a storm on this account. I've got all schools but storm on this account and that includes ice. My statement's a unbiased observation.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
bionaknight wrote:
Pepperforce wrote:
You're contradicting yourself. Tanks are completely defense based, so their health and shields accomplish that. Storm is a damage class, so to balance out their damage, they gave us lower health.

Assumption fuel arguments and it's driving this thread with comments from ice wizards who have no clue what schools I am. I'm also an ice wizard and it's an unbiased observation. There's no storm wizard on this account.

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
Pepperforce wrote:

Well Ice has a ton of resist and heath, mine having 4,800 health and about 40 resist. The only down side to being ice is that (without critical) our best attack can only do around a max of 3,000 damage, I've also noticed that Ice becomes slightly less accurate than the other schools. Also balance has more shields...