Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about creature's boost and resist %

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Ok the question i have is about the boost %. If i'm understanding this correctly if a creature has say 30% boost to fire and 80% resist to ice then that means any fire spell that it (the creature) casts on me automatically gets a 30 % boost and that's not including any traps or blades it may have put on me, right? Or is it if i cast a fire spell on it, my spell gets a 30% boost against him? And any ice spell i cast, 80% gets blocked, right?
Would appreciate any reply's. Also how can a balance wizard get around the resist of balance creatures?

Jennifer Frongsong ~ lvl 39 balance/storm

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
jfiske1983 wrote:
Ok the question i have is about the boost %. If i'm understanding this correctly if a creature has say 30% boost to fire and 80% resist to ice then that means any fire spell that it (the creature) casts on me automatically gets a 30 % boost and that's not including any traps or blades it may have put on me, right? Or is it if i cast a fire spell on it, my spell gets a 30% boost against him? And any ice spell i cast, 80% gets blocked, right?
Would appreciate any reply's. Also how can a balance wizard get around the resist of balance creatures?

If your referring to the Central Wiki, that is the boost or resist you do to the enemy, not what the enemy does to you.

For Balance enemies either:

Use armor piercing gear and spells to maintain decent DPS with Judgement.

or

Use Hydra, Spectral Blast or Chimera. Yes, the Balance enemy will cast Element/Spirit Shields, but a properly bladed Hydra (Elemental, Balance, Bladestorm) will most times do more damage against the enemy at approx. 70% effectiveness than trying to chew through the Balance's natural 80% Balance resist.

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
kingurz wrote:
jfiske1983 wrote:

If your referring to the Central Wiki, that is the boost or resist you do to the enemy, not what the enemy does to you.

or

Use Hydra, Spectral Blast or Chimera. Yes, the Balance enemy will cast Element/Spirit Shields, but a properly bladed Hydra (Elemental, Balance, Bladestorm) will most times do more damage against the enemy at approx. 70% effectiveness than trying to chew through the Balance's natural 80% Balance resist.

Dude, shes level 39! Chimera is level 70 and Hydra is level 42, Also Level 39's don't have Armor Piercing Gear!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Randomperson16 wrote:
kingurz wrote:
jfiske1983 wrote:

or

Dude, shes level 39! Chimera is level 70 and Hydra is level 42, Also Level 39's don't have Armor Piercing Gear!

HUh?

Did it state somewhere the advice was needed for level 39 only? Treasure Card versions cannot be used at all? Is this wizard never going to advance in the game? Because I added tips that is only 3 levels away, it is useless?

You do realize there are pets that provide the item card "Unstoppable" that can be used by level 1's, correct? Unstoppable provides 10% armor piercing.

So your saying she doesn't need to know anything I stated here except use Spectral Blast? The original poster stated, "Would appreciate any reply's."

If you have something better, please post away. Enlighten us all.