Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spring Cleaning Part 1 - Items

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's that time of year again, young Wizards, when we encourage you to clean out your shared banks, banks and backpacks!

As more and more Wizards join our community, more and more items are being squirrelled away in storage - time to share the wealth!
Head to the Bazaar and sell those items that are just taking up room in your storage. One Wizard's trash is another Wizard's treasure.

For those of you at the max gold limit or for items that you cannot sell at the Bazaar, you can also feed most items to your pets to level them up! I can't think of an easier way to level up your pet than just standing in your house feeding it old unused items.

Looking for something to do with all your gold? Why not buy a house with gold just for your pets, or just for gardening!

So it's time to Spring Clean, young Wizards, see you in the clutter free Spiral!

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Mar 05, 2009
Thank you for the reminder, Professor! I suspect my Storm sister's bank is nearing max capacity - last time I was over at her house, she had almost 900 items in it. Must've been a couple of hundred Prickly Bear seeds in there!

Another great way to use up gold if you're maxed out is in the Pet Hatchery. Mix up a pet or two, then feed them all your dusty old items to level them up.

Don't forget to check your attics too.

- Sierra Starsong
- Level 70 Ice

Community Leader
Another place to check for those unwanted items are in the attics. I always seem to forget those items are there. Time for me to start my cleaning.

Thank you for the reminder. :)

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
Thank you Professor!! I was not aware that feeding items to pets would level them up, I thought it just renewed energy! I have plenty of items cluttering up my banks and backpack and many pets to level up!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
MarcBladebreaker wrote:
Thank you Professor!! I was not aware that feeding items to pets would level them up, I thought it just renewed energy! I have plenty of items cluttering up my banks and backpack and many pets to level up!

I tried feeding items to my pet. It is a very convenient way of 'selling your stuff.'

However, pet level up is so rare, it would take a month of non-stop pet feeding on a daily basis just to get enough points to level your pet from baby to teen.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Shiningfantasia wrote:
MarcBladebreaker wrote:

I tried feeding items to my pet. It is a very convenient way of 'selling your stuff.'

However, pet level up is so rare, it would take a month of non-stop pet feeding on a daily basis just to get enough points to level your pet from baby to teen.

I have found this true also - really for pet training you either have to have a lot of time to just feed it regular pet snacks in the pet games or spend crowns on mega snacks to level it up. I rarely get my pets past adult because of this and if they don't get a talent I want I just don't use them.

The only time I feed stuff to my pet is if I am high on gold and don't want to get to much for selling stuff, the only draw back is I end up getting a ton of treasure and reagents to throw away. In the end when I am trying to clean up my stuff feeding it to the pet only creates more for me to deal with.