Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cruel People

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
I have a problem and it starts in mooshu. Ok, I know this guy as my "friend" ( I seem to have a lot of problems with friends :( ) and I am so generous as to help him with an entire world-mooshu. I helped him with all of it. Then when he gets to dragonspyre and gets ahead of me and I need help, he says I should help him more. He only helped me with 1 or 2 quests. Maybe only 1 and a half. Then he helps me one more time, and he says help him with a whol world. I tell him I already did and he says no, you never helped me. Can KI do something for this? Like help detectors? And no, I know about the ignore button but I dont like to ignore people even if they get on me nerves.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Yes, I've had "friends" who have been selfish like that also. they don't stay my friends for long either.
Such as the "friends" who know they're ahead of you and still want you to drop your questing in order to help them all the time. They get deleted quickly. Along with the ones who want my wizard to act as their "muscle" in all their fights.
Yep, been there; done that more than a few times. lol

Don't get me wrong now. I don't mind helping my friends, but there does need to be some give and take. It shouldn't be all "me, me, me." As some of the old timers used to say, "That dawg don't hunt."

Good luck in your future questing!

Survivor
May 07, 2009
There isn't anything KI can do about it. The only thing you can take from this is to find better friends. I'm sorry that this happened to you, but that's all you can do. Also, it's ok to not help someone every time they ask you. There have been many times I've been asked for help but was either doing a quest or on my way to do one.

Good friends will understand if you can't port to them every time they need you, and if they don't, they shouldn't be on your friends list.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
wizguygoo wrote:
I have a problem and it starts in mooshu. Ok, I know this guy as my "friend" ( I seem to have a lot of problems with friends :( ) and I am so generous as to help him with an entire world-mooshu. I helped him with all of it. Then when he gets to dragonspyre and gets ahead of me and I need help, he says I should help him more. He only helped me with 1 or 2 quests. Maybe only 1 and a half. Then he helps me one more time, and he says help him with a whol world. I tell him I already did and he says no, you never helped me. Can KI do something for this? Like help detectors? And no, I know about the ignore button but I dont like to ignore people even if they get on me nerves.

lol, I suggest having only female character game friends, males are too problematic

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
wizguygoo wrote:
First of all, it sounds like he is exploiting you to get a "free henchman". It isn't a very friendly thing to do. This happened to me too, once, but I removed the person. I would suggest you do the same. Second: What do you mean by help detector? There is nothing Kingsisle can do, here. It falls to you, the player, to take this matter in to your own hands.

Champion
May 03, 2011
I am sorry this happened to you. Some people are, sadly, users. I have helped people many times who either didn't say thanks, or started complaining when I said I couldn't help them any further--I once helped a girl through one whole section of DS, only to have her say nasty things when I told her I couldn't do the Labyrinth right at that moment. I took her off my list.

This guy is not your friend. You deserve better. Just chalk it up to experience... :?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
wizguygoo wrote:

there are 2 ways to solve this problem and both can end with a sad ending but a joyful ending for you
so i see this kid is kinda mean and selfish now lets work with that
1. ya can tell him you think he is being a little bit selfish and remind him what happened in mooshu and if he just shrugs it off and or denies it then hit the remove friend button and say good bye forever i am outta here and then port away
2. wait for a time when he says port i need help fast and then you say
rain check i helped ya in all of mooshu and then ya denied it so enjoy fighting that enemy while dying
these are a little harsh but it should teach that person a lesson bout using you as a personal come help me robot

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
wizguygoo wrote:
I have a problem and it starts in mooshu. Ok, I know this guy as my "friend" ( I seem to have a lot of problems with friends :( ) and I am so generous as to help him with an entire world-mooshu. I helped him with all of it. Then when he gets to dragonspyre and gets ahead of me and I need help, he says I should help him more. He only helped me with 1 or 2 quests. Maybe only 1 and a half. Then he helps me one more time, and he says help him with a whole world. I tell him I already did and he says no, you never helped me. Can KI do something for this? Like help detectors? And no, I know about the ignore button but I dont like to ignore people even if they get on me nerves.

I too had a friend like this - in the end I found out he really wasn't a friend when we entered a tower and fought several very difficult floors (BriskBreeze) and on the last one he said you go first - I did, he proceeded to walk around the fight talk to the thing we were there to talk to and fled, leaving me to be defeated. Needless to say that was the last time I helped that person. Not a friend a user. From that time on I did not ignore or remove him I just never helped him when he asked - I am sure he found someone else to use eventually. All he wanted was someone to get him though the game so he didn't have to work at it.

I did in time find a group of people going though it that were really good at the game, something I really wasn't at that time and I basically just ran along behind them to get it out of my quest book - it took hours of just waiting outside the door though and I never took that quest with any of my other wizards.

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
im really sorry this has happened but its all part of life u go through happy times and sad times .... but i offer to help anyone but not sure how

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
wizguygoo wrote:

KI can't and shouldn't do anything, but you can. Delete or ignore this 'friend.' I've had many like that, who only want me to help them and pretty much refuse to help me. Color them gone.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Defender
May 31, 2011
Sadly there are users in the world and this game will have them, too. I really cannot see how KI can help with this one problem.

I know that saying, "no" can be really uncomfortable for some personality types. It was and at times still now can be for me. But I have learned to do so. Recognize that you do deserve nice and thoughtful friends and you do not deserve to be used. Also, the bottom line when it comes to people is that no one can make them change if they do not want to, however you can choose to change. You can say "no" in different ways. For example "sorry, I can't I am busy" or "I am helping someone else". If you keep passing on helping they will eventually get tired of asking.

Now I do not readily accept friend requests. I first like to at least see how they are like in battle. If they are bossy, rude, lazy, or too needy, they will not be found on my friends list. If they friendly, polite, show teamwork skills, then I give them a chance.

I have seen some other good suggestions before mine. I am hoping the best for you and hope you get to meet up with some nice people.

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Hey i just want to say to the OP, i know that situation stinks but don't give up on trying to find a good friend that will be glad to help you out. I guess I've been lucky so far. I haven't been playing this game long but I've managed to find three great guys to quest with. Dakota, Steven, and Stephen, I want to say hi if ya'll are reading this. I, myself, usually like to solo where I can, but I've found I really like playing with these guys. So moral of the story is if you can find the right people it can be a great experience. And remember its not about the quantity of your friends but the quality. Good luck in the future and see you in the spiral

Jennifer Frogsong ~ lvl 39 balance/storm

Survivor
Apr 10, 2009
Sorry about that. Yiu kniw, if you have enough crowns, you can buy minions for help in battle

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I'm sorry this has happened to you, but not all wizards are friendly. Some are mooches (a mooch is someone who expects you to do the grunt-work and then takes all the credit) and, even though it's rude, KI can't do anything about it.

When I started playing a year ago, I was about halfway through Marleybone when I came into contact with one such user. We helped each other out with a few street mobs- fine and well, but he eventually started spamming "HELP" at me every few minutes (he was still in Krok). I told him that I was busy fighting, but he persisted... Within a few weeks, it had gotten so bad that I was forced to delete him.

Since then, I play by these social rules:

1. DON'T add me. I'll add you, if I like you/you are useful and polite (if that changes, expect to be blocked and deleted).

2. My own quests take priority over me helping you. My wizards and I have no problems coming to your aid, as long as you are polite and respect that we have other things to do. Spamming "HELP" every few minutes is rude, and you will be removed.

Keep these in mind, OP. Hopefully, they'll help you clear your list of these toxic "friends".

Happy travels,

L.S.
transcended sorcerer.