Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking Back-Crowns Have Become Redundant

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2009
My title probably gave you an idea I was a pro-crowns person? No, all this article is about is laughing (not making fun of) an old article I stumbled apon called Crowns-Buy or Earn Now we can laugh about one of the many peoples main arguments against for pro-earners; the item arguement. You wanted to earn them, now, why want them? I am working on my Tricksy set, have the hood and cape, and I was looking at the crowns shop, because it said on the pre login thingy about new level 70 gear. It seriosly is not good compared to the waterworks, wintertusk, or celestia crafted, and I might daresay, the level 58 celestian gear. Go look both sets on the wiki, and be suprised. We can craft the best athame and buy our rings and deck, there is an awesome starfish pet available for 10,000 gold that has spell proof and spritely, plus if your ice it has ice boosts and our trusty level 58 pets available for free that have spritely and school exclusive talents. The only thing that the crowns shop is good for is the wands. I don't think you can get a good wand anyplace but the crowns shop. By good wand, I mean no auction wand. Staff of Solomon or Spear of Trade Winds will do. But, think I got a little off topic here. Ok people of wizard101, do you agree or disagree with me about redundance of the crowns shop. (As Zeke said, none of the items are needed to thouroghly enjoy the game. My point is, lots of people were getting all angry about how good it was)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
shukion123 wrote:
My title probably gave you an idea I was a pro-crowns person? No, all this article is about is laughing (not making fun of) an old article I stumbled apon called Crowns-Buy or Earn Now we can laugh about one of the many peoples main arguments against for pro-earners; the item arguement. You wanted to earn them, now, why want them? I am working on my Tricksy set, have the hood and cape, and I was looking at the crowns shop, because it said on the pre login thingy about new level 70 gear. It seriosly is not good compared to the waterworks, wintertusk, or celestia crafted, and I might daresay, the level 58 celestian gear. Go look both sets on the wiki, and be suprised. We can craft the best athame and buy our rings and deck, there is an awesome starfish pet available for 10,000 gold that has spell proof and spritely, plus if your ice it has ice boosts and our trusty level 58 pets available for free that have spritely and school exclusive talents. The only thing that the crowns shop is good for is the wands. I don't think you can get a good wand anyplace but the crowns shop. By good wand, I mean no auction wand. Staff of Solomon or Spear of Trade Winds will do. But, think I got a little off topic here. Ok people of wizard101, do you agree or disagree with me about redundance of the crowns shop. (As Zeke said, none of the items are needed to thouroghly enjoy the game. My point is, lots of people were getting all angry about how good it was)

The gear in the crowns shop is pretty much worthless. The wands, okay I'll give you that. But it's the mounts that you have to purchase with crowns since permanent mounts are not available for gold. That is pretty much all I use the crown shop for. Oh I'll buy some of the packs but that gets old. And I will buy the mega snack pack if I want to level up a pet quickly. As for the rest, I don't even look at them.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
But it's the mounts that you have to purchase with crowns since permanent mounts are not available for gold. That is pretty much all I use the crown shop for.

There are permanent mounts available for gold.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
shukion123 wrote:

The gear in the crowns shop is pretty much worthless. The wands, okay I'll give you that. But it's the mounts that you have to purchase with crowns since permanent mounts are not available for gold. That is pretty much all I use the crown shop for. Oh I'll buy some of the packs but that gets old. And I will buy the mega snack pack if I want to level up a pet quickly. As for the rest, I don't even look at them.

there are some permanent gold bought mounts in there but they are expensive but good to buy if ya have lots and lots of gold to spare