Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Good places to farm?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Greetings, fellow wizards!

So, my Balance wiz is level 70- she's halfway through Zaf and, because she can't earn XP, there's no point to questing anymore. Hey, if Mirror Lake is as bad as I've heard it is, then I want XP for it. :P

I've been leveling up my other characters, but Shadowsong isn't quite ready for retirement yet. Because I like Dragonspyre (and evil stuff), I've been farming Malistaire like crazy, but fighting those Gurtok demons again and again is getting rather tedious; in fact, I've recently turned to picking on Sylvia, out of sheer boredom...

That was when the voices in my head told me that farming Spiral Geographic might be a good idea... Put simply, I don't listen to them anymore. So I'm asking you guys instead- what do you suggest?

(Please don't say Spiral Geographic!)

El Veeb/Shadowsong
(and our many aliases).

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:

So, my Balance wiz is level 70- she's halfway through Zaf and, because she can't earn XP, there's no point to questing anymore. Hey, if Mirror Lake is as bad as I've heard it is, then I want XP for it. :P

I've been leveling up my other characters, but Shadowsong isn't quite ready for retirement yet. Because I like Dragonspyre (and evil stuff), I've been farming Malistaire like crazy, but fighting those Gurtok demons again and again is getting rather tedious; in fact, I've recently turned to picking on Sylvia, out of sheer boredom...

That was when the voices in my head told me that farming Spiral Geographic might be a good idea... Put simply, I don't listen to them anymore. So I'm asking you guys instead- what do you suggest?

El Veeb/Shadowsong
(and our many aliases).
Try farming Trial of the Spheres. They drop rare furniture and occasionally, Sea Dragon Pet.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
Farm fun places. Have you got your Waterworks set yet? The bosses drop reagents snacks, and megasnacks. Mirror lake drops high critical boosting clothes and more, and its a good idea to complete the game because Mirror Laake is easy! Tower of the Helephanthas amazing drops like the Lexicon Blade and Aurate Band. Also it has Maastery Amulets. Malistare is a severely boring place to farm. No cheats, he is very simple. Try out my suggestions, you wont regret it.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
shukion123 wrote:
Farm fun places. Have you got your Waterworks set yet? The bosses drop reagents snacks, and megasnacks. Mirror lake drops high critical boosting clothes and more, and its a good idea to complete the game because Mirror Laake is easy! Tower of the Helephanthas amazing drops like the Lexicon Blade and Aurate Band. Also it has Maastery Amulets. Malistare is a severely boring place to farm. No cheats, he is very simple. Try out my suggestions, you wont regret it.

Yep, have had the entire WW set for a while. I was lucky and got both my hat and cloak on the first go, but took another 6 tries to get my boots.

By comparison, Malistaire is easy- I'm not an experienced gamer, so I visit him when I need a break from the higher-level stuff/cheating bosses, and he gives me some awesome level 50 gear for my other 5 wizards. No hair-pulling required. ;)

As an adult wizard, I don't exactly have 5-6 hours to spend in a dungeon. And don't get me started on group-play... I'm online at some really-odd hours and don't have any friends in my time-zone, so I like to stick with stuff that's easy to do on my own and doesn't require a huge time investment.

I might put off Mirror Lake until the next level-cap increase, but I'll probably try doing HT again, if I can ever get a group together.

bionaknight wrote:
Try farming Trial of the Spheres. They drop rare furniture and occasionally, Sea Dragon Pet.

I like the way you think! I hated Celestia, and Astraeus is annoying, but Mithraya is my favourite boss (sorry, Malistaire- you've been replaced)... Maybe I'll go and pay her a visit. ;)

Thank you both!

L.S.

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
vonawesome1 wrote:

El Veeb/Shadowsong
(and our many aliases).

1). Mirror Lake is a piece of cake, especially since it drops mega snacks garenteed at the end

2). If your looking for quick cash I'd personally suggest Halffang in vestriland