Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure cards in player vs player

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
I personally think it is so annoying when some person comes up in a ranked match and just uses treasure cards. I never use treasure cards because it just seems like cheating to me, but i can almost never win because like everyone else uses treasure and since I don't, I lose so much of the time because of that, so it is amazing that I am corporal because people who use them just almost always beat me, and I have like no chance. Thank you for your time reading this.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Steelhead1111 wrote:
I personally think it is so annoying when some person comes up in a ranked match and just uses treasure cards. I never use treasure cards because it just seems like cheating to me, but i can almost never win because like everyone else uses treasure and since I don't, I lose so much of the time because of that, so it is amazing that I am corporal because people who use them just almost always beat me, and I have like no chance. Thank you for your time reading this.

So you want Treasure Cards removed? If so, I disagree.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Just because you think it's cheating, does not mean it is.

If you were in a boat race, and you had a boat with a motor, would you not use the motor instead of using the paddles?

You use what you have, it's that simple.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I never use treasure cards because it just seems like cheating to me
It might seem like cheating to you, but I assure you it isn't. The sideboard is part of your deck and you should use it. Winning without treasure cards is certainly possible, but if your goal is to attain a high rank like Warlord or Commander, you should reconsider your hesitation to use them.

Treasure Cards are really what makes this game unlike any other game, especially PvP. It allows each wizard to find his or her own style, and keeps the game interesting.

My two cents...

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Steelhead1111 wrote:

Totally agreed. I never use any treasures whatsoever and somehow I'm a knight. I think there should be a ranked mode without treasure cards to make it more fair and to require skill. People who use treasure cards don't have to play in this mode.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
It can be annoying when you aren't playing with treasures yourself, but that is your choice. And treasures are not cheating. It is absolutely possible to beat players who take advantage of their treasure deck, but I would assume it would be easier for some classes more than others. I mean, players cant just spam tower shields all the time against schools like fire and myth. My wooden puppet and shatter keeps the defenses down. Fire's damage over time shots will eat the defenses away. The more dangerous enemies can be ones that constantly treasure blade, you gotta hate that. But again, it's not impossible to counter those things.

I've fought without treasures against many who tried treasure spamming. I've won a couple including some experienced fire wizards who can be truly tough to beat. It all comes down to having a solid strategy... well...for the most part at least. Of course there are still factors out of your complete control. It is very difficult to set up a solid main deck without the use of treasures and many experienced players will use them often because of this. Know that there are limits to it all though. No matter how solid a deck may be, there are always some weaknesses and this weakness is determined by how your hand is shuffled. So treasures can help you counter that, if you can make it work for you. A couple of suggestions for dealing with treasure players:

If you are concerned about treasure charmers or need a quick way to steal some things, grab some steal charm fire spells! They're great for snatching heal boosts and shutting down single treasure blade spells. of course this has its limits. You need to watch for triple charm casters. (The balance spells)

Only life and fire are completely vulnerable to steal charm because the triple charms cast their blades last, allowing you to grab them. Storm death ice and myth are protected when they cast their triple charm. So this style has its limits.

Treasures are not cheating. If anything, lol sun spells quick boosts to our damage spells can be considered "cheating" XD I mean "oh look my strikes base damage is 500. It's not enough for my school I'm going to add a 200+ enchant on it for the cost of nothing. No pip, no turn, just a quick click and boom, I now have a 700 strike." lol we all do it sometime. But how is that not like taking steroids? :p Wanna talk about "cheating"? Look at sun spells.

what element do you play as in arena anyway? there are things you can do to make it tougher for treasure spammers to defeat you, if you can change up your style.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2009
malt22 wrote:
I never use treasure cards because it just seems like cheating to me
It might seem like cheating to you, but I assure you it isn't. The sideboard is part of your deck and you should use it. Winning without treasure cards is certainly possible, but if your goal is to attain a high rank like Warlord or Commander, you should reconsider your hesitation to use them.

Treasure Cards are really what makes this game unlike any other game, especially PvP. It allows each wizard to find his or her own style, and keeps the game interesting.

My two cents...

the side board is the side board, but I do not think you should ne able to use spells you can not learn. if you take the time to learn them then yes you can use them as a TC.

but spamming spells you did not learn should not ne allowed.

just my view.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Steelhead,

The guys above have some great advice, I would reread them.

When I first started playing PvP, I really hated treasure cards.
Plus I thought it was a waste to use my gold on them, cause I couldn't buy what I needed in gear. So, in the beginning, I was totally against TC.
I wouldn't use them at all, but over the last two (plus) years I've learned my lesson. Trying not to spend gold on TC is a big mistake.

Trying to PvP without TC leave you open to many attacks, that you can avoid with TC's. I would say that TC have saved me over and over in PVP.
Plus it give you solid attack cards so much quicker.
Your cannot pack enough of certain spells in your deck, to have what you want when you need it.
Example, Lets say I have 5 Towers in my main deck, which has 50 cards in it. Now, in my side deck I have 5 towers and a total of 15 cards. My odds of pulling a Tower from my main deck is about 1 in 10, but from my side deck it's about 1 in 3. The odds of getting that tower are much better from that side deck, and that is why many use it. There are a number of other reasons why you use the side deck (TC side deck), but I just wanted to give you something to think about.
I would suggest that you do what I do, find a good place to farm for gold.
Bring up your gold to 250,000 the max, then keep going.
Fill up your Shared bank, your bank and Backpack with stuff to sell.
Now, you can keep yourself going in PvP for a while, and buy what TC's you need.

Good luck in PvP,
Joe.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2010
I understand what you all are saying, (some better than others), but I saw my friend (lvl 23) fighting a lvl 5 and lose because the other person use leviathan tc, I mean seriously? A level 5 used a leviathan tc on a level 23 and won becuase of it? That just doesnt seem right. Also a lot of times I see people use tower shield tc then for some reason the next turn their deck freezes and blame it on their opponent, so their opponent ends up getting banned for a while, like what happenened to me.

I would also like some people to keep in mind that some very young players play this game and might not respond well to very rude comments, so just keep that in the back of you're head while you're posting some people

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I think it IS cheating. Have you seen lvl 5 commander/warlord? And lvl 70 private? I think lvl 70 deserve to be commander/ warlord and lvl 5 should be private.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Lets look at it from the Level 5 Commander's point of view. My brother has a level 5 he pvp's every now and then. When he got to commander, he started facing level 30 privates. Without treasure cards he had no chance to win at all. With a lucky critical, he at least stood a chance of winning.

My level 10 has faced level 50 before, and guess what I usually don't stand much of a chance unless the player decides not to heal, etc.

I only 1v1, and if you take TC aways, once a level 5 or 10 gets to warlord, and the level 58 start to show up across from you, your in trouble, big trouble.

Somehow, TC have to stay in PvP, unless they change the entire game.

Joe.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2012
mario2463 i agree, but if your like me i only sometimes use treasure so there should also be sometimes. but i dont agree with steelhead1111 its not cheating

:D 8)

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
Sorry but tc's are never going away. It's not 'cheating' if you can use them as well. btw If your going for a high rank it is direly suggested you use tc's if you like winning.