Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat Free Zone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Wish there were zones where there was no chat allowed without having to put people on ignore. What the chatty people fail to realize is that excessive chat interfers with game play. It's very difficult to select spells during battle when players wont stop chatting. Maybe people aren't aware of the fact that chat bubbles sometimes are exactly where you need to click but with the bubble there, it's impossible to select at times. It's also very annoying to read very personal words that have way too much info or to see racist comments or the bickering of couples who have obvious insecurities. Suggestion: Keep your chat in group or whisper. Wish there was no way that players who aren't on your list could send you messages after you leave area due to not wanting to argue or just to get away from drama. I've lost count of how many people I have on ignore because they can't seem to stop sending messages that are downright runde or demeaning even after I've switched realms

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Pepperforce, I have run into the same issue of chat bubbles being where you need to click, but there is a solution to that. TURN off chat bubbles in your options pages.

As for the rudeness and demeaning comments, if the comments warrant it, REPORT THEM. Just be sure they are reportable. With chat bubbles turned off, the only way you will see any comments will be with your chat box open.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Pepperforce wrote:
Wish there were zones where there was no chat allowed without having to put people on ignore. What the chatty people fail to realize is that excessive chat interfers with game play. It's very difficult to select spells during battle when players wont stop chatting. Maybe people aren't aware of the fact that chat bubbles sometimes are exactly where you need to click but with the bubble there, it's impossible to select at times. It's also very annoying to read very personal words that have way too much info or to see racist comments or the bickering of couples who have obvious insecurities. Suggestion: Keep your chat in group or whisper. Wish there was no way that players who aren't on your list could send you messages after you leave area due to not wanting to argue or just to get away from drama. I've lost count of how many people I have on ignore because they can't seem to stop sending messages that are downright runde or demeaning even after I've switched realms

ignore and if the chat bubbles block the enemy and ya cant click then click on the same tag of the enemy on the very top of the screen when selecting a spell
it works like clicking the target aura

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
Something i found helpful is that if you right click on a chat bubble it will disapear in seconds. I doubt very highly there will be a text free zone. How would you communicate with your Co-fighters?

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
...yeah. That's why I don't have text chat... parents are afraid of that. I wish people would use it to just put battle orders in there.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
Pepperforce, I have run into the same issue of chat bubbles being where you need to click, but there is a solution to that. TURN off chat bubbles in your options pages.

As for the rudeness and demeaning comments, if the comments warrant it, REPORT THEM. Just be sure they are reportable. With chat bubbles turned off, the only way you will see any comments will be with your chat box open.

Would be wonderful if report really worked. I see the same people bullying others after they refuse friendship or gifting and they remain on game. I've reported a few myself but apparently name calling and stalking is over looked by the people who read chat logs. I've had messages sent to me after I ported away. Got called a nasty name that wasn't cool with me though the spelling was changed a bit but anyone could see what the sender was saying. That feature needs to be removed. It'd help stop the harassing.

Chatty patty people are annoying when you're trying to quest. I don't chat with anyone while i'm in battle except my friends and to them I whisper or speak in group so I wont bother anyone else. It's about being courteous and non disruptive when you're questing. In common areas I say, chat to your hearts content.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
goldendragon18 wrote:

If report works why do the same people keep harassing even after they're report with good reason and why are they not banned when they report you falsely and tell you they did it? Report has no teeth and it's become a joke.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
hanable33 wrote:
Something i found helpful is that if you right click on a chat bubble it will disapear in seconds. I doubt very highly there will be a text free zone. How would you communicate with your Co-fighters?

We're all experienced players so is there a need to micro manage anyone else's choice of spells? I'm on with friends and we quest in groups of four most days. Silence is golden and a great thing if you're serious gamers like my group.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
this is a good idea, but, if you want text bubbles off, go to options and turn them off

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
Defender
Feb 15, 2009
I get that problem, too. Then again, I am one of the chatters. What I usually do is either put people on ignore or just right click the message that's in the way to get rid of the bubble. And if you have to re-click the spell then that's only about a second more that you've wasted. Also make (proper) use of the 'Report' button. But if people couldn't talk in the game... I think I would go crazy.

Survivor
Nov 11, 2009