Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hoard/Lore packs - Feedback on consumables

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
I have to say that my pet peeve with Hoard/Lore packs is items with a limited duration or usefulness that automatically attach themselves to my wizard.

Specifically, I'm referring to mount rentals, but more generally the same would apply to an item like the new spells in the Ninja Lore pack. That is, any item that bypasses my inventory and goes straight into my backpack (or equivalent) without any option to store it or choose which of my wizards I want to give it to.

It's especially a problem with something as desirable as the spells. I may want the gear for my lvl 20 wizard but the spell for my level 40 wizard. That means that one or the other is going to be short-changed. If I take the risk of opening packs on my level 20 to get him some gear and he gets a spell that my level 40 needed, then I'm going to end up royally, royally frustrated.

Basically, it's putting me off of buying any more Ninja Lore. To be blunt, when I buy ten packs and three of them have a 24-hour mount as the rare, I'm not just disappointed at "wasting" my 399 crowns on a consumable. I'm annoyed because fully one-third of my crowns go up in a puff of smoke after 24-hours AND THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT. I don't get the choice to store the mounts until I want to use them. I don't get the choice to put them in the shared bank or leave them in the gift queue for another wizard on my account to claim.

When you add the potential to waste an ultra-ultra-rare item like a spell card on a newbie wizard that's the wrong school for the spell, well, that pretty much convinces me to spend my dollars on a different game where I control how my virtual goods are allocated amongst my characters.

I want you to understand that this has nothing to do with being emotional or bitter. It has everything to do with being practical about getting value for my dollar. There are so many games around now that it's silly to waste money on things that destroy the value of whatever it is that you purchased and actually give a DISCOURAGE you from buying more.

Because that's what the current standard of auto-claiming consumables (and yes, the spells fall into this category) is doing. It's discouraging me and, I think, many others from committing crowns to Ninja Lore and by extension any future pack that handles things similarly. (The previous hoard packs that contained mount rentals were just as annoying, frankly, but they seem to have had some other redeeming values, such as an abundance of permanent mounts to offset the rentals.)

I am not buying any more Ninja Lore, and I won't be buying any future Lore packs when they are released. I'll be waiting until the contents are well-known and I see that the pack is not setup to rob me of value instead of supplying me with value for my dollar.

Thanks for listening. Again, this not an emotional posting. It's strictly a pragmatic and practical issue - I don't spend money to have things taken away from me, but I especially don't spend it to have MANY things taken away from me. At least make the mount rentals uncommon instead of rare if you insist on continuing to include them.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Slickriptide - you have a very valid point here, also the reason why I do not buy the packs.