Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The current game setup.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
I hear a lot of complaints about the pack buying system versus in-game availability, and some of it makes sense. Others, not so much.

Can you buy packs that may or may not contain nice items etc..? Yes.

Do you have to buy these packs in order to play the game and all of its content? No.

All MMOs offer things that can be purchased outside of the game. Besides sub fees, these things help the company pay to keep these games running. On the other hand, these things should not be game changing in a way that can make or break a persons game-play experience. These new ninja-lore packs have that potential.

I do not need my child coming to me complaining that he needs me to buy him tons of crowns to get spells that his friends received from these packs, because they are powerful and can help them win. I like to supply my kid with the crowns so that he can buy things outside the game that are fun. Costumes, mounts, pets etc are all fun things. Permanent spells that should be earned in-game while leveling, do not belong in the risk/reward system of drop rate percentages in card packs.

I willingly purchase these crowns for my son to buy "fun" things to use in the game. My son and myself have been playing this game, and enjoy it just fine. We do not have to buy the packs to do this, and neither does anyone else. It is a choice and you can choose not to buy them.

Please, KI, rethink this idea of permanent spell learning through cash transactions. It is possible that it will put a large divide between the players that can hurt overall player happiness and cost you a lot of subs.