Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Life Wiz

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
So i just hit level 30 on my life wizard. I have spend my training points on getting death up to feint. Now I have a few unspent training points and am wondering what other school goes well with life. I was thinking fire, it seems like feint + DoT and healing would make a nasty combo. Any input from other life wizards, on what i should invest my points in now?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
With my 70 level Life Wizard I to trained Death for Feint, in DragonSprye it was very handy since I did solo quite a bit then I trained in the Sun spells when I got to Celestia, starting with Giant and worked my way to Colossus, which is in Zafaria, this costs 5 points because you have to get each for the next - ugh, I liked the nice boost that they gave any of the spells and they cost me nothing to add on, unlike Feint that cost me a pip and nasty 30% trap on me but the horse and that spell took a lot of bosses out prior to getting Forest Lord.

I did forget to add I did get the Blade from Niles in Krock Land early on - you take the boat ride and he is there off to the right. I did not invest in the blade to help others only because I did not need to. The stun resist spell from Diego on Unicorn Way can be handy. In Wintertusk I crafted the helmet and it has a very nice blade so all in all, if I get the time, I have a Balance Blade on my amulet, blade on helmet, blade from Niles and my regular Life Blade.

I am very bad at shielding and find many recommend Ice for that shield but as mentioned if you were to PVP it may be more needed. Other wise all my wizards of different schools, never use shields, I will admit I do spend time after each fight looking for red dots lol.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Martiniam1 wrote:
Any input from other life wizards, on what i should invest my points in now?

That depends on your playing style, but two things I would strongly consider.

Before suggesting what next, I would have to ask you to look back and ensure you didn't miss anything. High on my list of recommendations are: Reshuffle, Spirit Blade, Spirit Trap, Stun Block. Based on my higher level experiences, I might consider not getting Spirit Trap, but getting Elemental Blade instead -- great surprise for your Ice, Fire, and Storm friends when you whip out the expensive Blade for them right before you do a mass heal.

Okay, back to looking forward:

First, Sun and Star spells give awesome advantages, and you'll probably want to train up to Colossal, so save some points for that. Many of the Auras are priceless, especially in the tough Lvl 60+ dungeons and towers. There are pros and cons to Treasure vs Train in the Astral spells, and you will only discover what suits you best by trying it. If you do not have a zero-crowns policy, you can always buy them back if the temporal nature of trained Astral effects doesn't suit you. For me, I can't imaging trying to get by without both -- they each serve their purpose differently.

Second, trained Tower Shield can save you a lot of money on Treasure Cards, especially if you PvP, so training Ice up to Tower Shield could have notable value.

In the end, you have to figure out what your playing style is, and this can change radically in the upper levels. But you are planning ahead, which is a good trait for a Life Wizard, so I suspect you will make good choices with your remaining Training Points.

Don't forget to get Ogden his Stinky Cheese. :-)

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Survivor
May 17, 2011
well...um... i am going with mith and im life aswell and on mith im rank 5 wich is Minotur so bye! kala ash head lvl 57storm and destiny jade garden ice lvl 70!

Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I like the idea of Storm as a second school. Since Life isn't as strong as I wish, I think Storm would be cool. You have the benefit of high health, strong spells, and healing! Especially with feint, you could do some serious damage!

~Shannon SkyBreaker~
-Transcended Life-