Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have Your Own Voice! Get A Matching Outfit!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
I think that your character should have its own voice! It would be awesome! Like if you are talking to Penny Dreadful that would be so cool if you could have your own voice! I think it would also be cool if the items such as the robes, hats and boots that we get from quests matched. Say you just defeated a troll as a quest and you get a robe, well the next quest you get boots, and the next quest you get a hat. I think that the three items that you just got should all match and you can wear it as one whole outfit!

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
good ideas! It would be cool to have our own voices, but maybe when we talk to other players, instead of reading it your characters voice would say it based on punctuation and words, as well as having a voice when u talk 2 non players! :D

Survivor
Sep 04, 2008
I think that having your own voice would be AWSOME! The Idea with the outfit is great,becouse I NEVER get matching robes from a quest

~ Jessica Starrider

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
i would like a deeper voice then when we are attacked. we sound like a baby going , AH!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
yidskey wrote:
good ideas! It would be cool to have our own voices, but maybe when we talk to other players, instead of reading it your characters voice would say it based on punctuation and words, as well as having a voice when u talk 2 non players! :D

true but then the kingisle staff would have to approve the voice like they wont want you to say swear words on our voices but i would like it if it had a wheel and it will change just like the name and you get to get a voice from a bunch of combonations.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
actualy maybe we can use computer mics and make our own voices in game?

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I doubt this will happen, except maybe for certain emotes. I really don't think I'd want every player in the game to be able to spam voices. Last thing I want to hear is a million "PARTY AT ICE TOWER" spam messages, over, and over, and over. Especially with the irresponsible people that say things to try to bypass the chat filter. I really don't want that coming out of my speakers while my son is around.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
yidskey wrote:
actualy maybe we can use computer mics and make our own voices in game?

Also, this wouldn't happen, especially on a kid friendly game, because there would be no way to monitor what is actually said. People would put in profanity that they would then spam by saying some other word completely.

Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Definatly! I want a voice for my character so bad! I do have a computer mic so that would be fun. But there would probably be safty issues with that!

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
u r absolutly right i almost forgot about nasty people who use bad language . maybe there would be a live monitor monitoring every single sound. . . or maybe just a voice when your talking to non players, possibaly we could type our own answer to the npc. i realy just want to use my own voice to give an answer in a conversation quicker so people don't think i'm rude. or maybe we could have only menu chat in your own voice. like there is a button u press if u have a computer mic record a sample from your voice and, then when ever u use menu chat there is YOUR voice saying the phrase. but u could only do this on the drop down menu chat. completly safe!

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Well, I can see way too many problems with having your own voice, but I see nothing wrong with getting a matching outfit. But I always thought that the things you get from quests usually do match.

Another thing I would like to see added is being able to say our names instead of "young wizard". I mean really, is the name Sierra Winterbreeze that hard to say? I suppose I could see the trouble with having to voice every single combination in the names, so maybe it could just be the first name. Would that work?

Explorer
Dec 13, 2008
yidskey wrote:
The have "YOUR OWN VOICE" thing won't work, let me explain. If you are using type chat than it wouldn't reconize the words. But on the choose chat thing than it would be able to.

Not to rain on your parade, but sadly it wouldn't work with typing chat but it could happen with choose chat, although it would be loud.
-A FELLOW WIZARD

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
that would be cool but the thing is if they had the voices the wizard would say one word then pause then say the next word then pause. so it would be like a robot talking which is not really exciting so i think they should leave it alone.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Here's what I think about the "Have Your Own Voice" idea:

While it does sound nice at first, there is the problem of having people cursing or spamming, as AnemicSkink mentioned.

muttmagma also talked about Kingsisle having to approve the voice if you could talk using computer microphones. For me at least, it's kind of like "Big Brother is watching you".

I think what MagicMuffin was trying to say was that maybe characters should have their own voice when talking to NPCs (so instead of saying "You tell him about ____", your character would say something like "Officer McRuff, ____ claims he didn't commit the crime!"). I think that's a great idea! In the character creation. people can choose from different voices to use, or choose not to have a voice, in which case the"You tell him about ____" could still be used.