Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Filtered Text?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2008
I'm trying to figure out how to set my text so I have access to typing numbers on Wizard101 but when I try to disable to the filtered text nothing happens it remains the same. What should I do?

Administrator
While developing Wizard101, we realized the style and content of the game would appeal to all ages. As a result of our young audience, we decided to incorporate safeguards that make online play a generally safe and positive experience (especially when dealing with other players).

We have excluded numbers from the chat system to ensure that children who don't know better cannot easily exchange private information.

As for stating your current level, health and mana, the Menu Chat system has these pre-formed statements under the Friendly -> Stats section.

If you are unable to use the chat function It is possible that your account does not have Filtered Text Chat enabled. Accounts set up as over age 13 players are able to use the Filtered Text Chat.

If you have an account that is over age 13 and can still not chat you might need to enable the feature. To enable you must login to Wizard101.com and select "My Accounts". Under the "Account Management" section login to your parental controls and click on the 'enable' button located next to the 'filttered text' option.

Filtered Text Chat for players with under age 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over the age of 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a Membership or Crowns with a valid credit card.

Open Chat is for Members over age 18. The player must validate his/her age by buying a Membership with a valid credit card.

To enable Open Chat, Filtered Chat must also be enabled. (they stack, they are not mutually exclusive)

community@wizard101.com