Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Demorus- a reoccuring boss, plus his drop pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2010
OK, so I thought of this a little while ago, and I'd like to see this implemented. It's ok if it isn't.
Demorus, 15 fights in a row!
He is of the undead class, is Balance, and has:
500 base health (For 1st 5 battles)
750 base health (for middle 5 battles)
1000 base health (for last 5 battles)
He looks like a ghost, but is brown in color.
And, in the last battle, all the battles will pay off, because he will for sure drop a Brown Ghost Pet!

Brown Ghost:
Hatch time: 5 minutes
Stats will be determined by KI.
All stages of life will award a card!
Baby: Scorpion
Teen: Locust swarm
Adult: May cast Sprite, Dragonblade
Ancient: Elemental Blast
Epic: Hydra

If the pet sounds overpowered, please let me know.

EDIT: I forgot the level requirement!
Wizards must be at least Level 30 to take on this challenge.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Boss is way underpowered, unless you mean for him to be a Wizard City foe.
As for the pet, it's intriguing, but May Cast is normally a trained attribute, not an inherent one.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
I think that the boss might be a bit underpowered for level 30 wizards. Also, a few questions. Do you have any ideas about spells he might have? Cheats? Minions? Please, be specific when giving ideas!
Second, the pet does seem overpowered for level 30 wizards. And it seems like you would have to be a balance school wizard to use it (having hydra pretty much states that in my opinion). I would suggest to have utility spells or maybe one card that everyone could use but you get more of each time you level the pet up.

Survivor
May 10, 2010
After consideration (and c+c), I'm amping him up a bit, and lowered the pet powers.

Pet Changes: The Hydra will still be at Epic, And Spritely will still be at Adult. The Other balance spells will be removed.

Boss Changes: He is Rank 5, and located in Wizard City, in perhaps a hidden location. He will start out with 2 power pips every battle, and he will have 3 random enemies as minions, but enemies the Wizard taking the challenge has faced before. (limited to Marelybone enemies, but no bosses)

He does, However, have a cheat. He uses 4 Minor Blessings on himself healing 100 Health each. This cheat will activate whenever you heal.
"Healing makes the battle a whole lot more interesting!"
But in the Last battle, he will have 2,000 health, double the original, and have no minions. He makes up for no minions by having another cheat: summoning a random Minion. "Come to me, my slaves!"

This enemy is an event-like enemy, meaning he will be around for a short time.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2009
FioreFlame967 wrote:
After consideration (and c+c), I'm amping him up a bit, and lowered the pet powers.

Pet Changes: The Hydra will still be at Epic, And Spritely will still be at Adult. The Other balance spells will be removed.

I'm still not a big fan of the pet since it still gives hydra (balance is about the only school that would use that). And you can't train hydra until you're a level 42; letting level 30 wizards get a spell like this might not be the best thing.
Boss Changes: He is Rank 5, and located in Wizard City, in perhaps a hidden location. He will start out with 2 power pips every battle, and he will have 3 random enemies as minions, but enemies the Wizard taking the challenge has faced before. (limited to Marelybone enemies, but no bosses)

He does, However, have a cheat. He uses 4 Minor Blessings on himself healing 100 Health each. This cheat will activate whenever you heal.
"Healing makes the battle a whole lot more interesting!"
But in the Last battle, he will have 2,000 health, double the original, and have no minions. He makes up for no minions by having another cheat: summoning a random Minion. "Come to me, my slaves!"

First, thanks for being specific. Now, I'm not sure that having three random minions will be a good idea. It just seems a bit... off when looking at the rest of the game. Also, just to make things simpler, how about he casts one Minor Blessing that heals 400 instead of four that heal 100 each. Otherwise, this boss doesn't seem half bad.