Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Play different update versions of Wizard101.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Hello everyone and happy February 29th! :-) Anyways: Some people were kind of disappointed at the level 60 and 70 caps, so I was thinking it would be cool if we could choose the specific updates of Wizard101 we wanted to play.

For example: when the log in page appears, there is a button that says choose update. When you click it, it shows the updates of Wizard101 like the update just before Celestia and criticals. Or maybe even the Wysteria update. In the game, I would only see people in the current update that I'm in. This way, people who don't like criticals could enjoy the game like they had a while back.

I think that PvP rank should stay separate in each update. For example: I could be a warlord in the Celestia update, but still be a corporal in the Zafaria update.

Anyways I'll try to expand on this idea some more. I would really enjoy this feature. Hopefully, other people agree with me, and Kingisle comes through with it. Thanks for listening!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I don't think you understand what "update" means. The old files, while probably backed up, are no longer applicable to the game. And update overwrites previous versions. Choosing between updates makes no sense whatsoever. If you don't want to do Wysteria, then don't (as an example). Sorry, but this would not work.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Ive always wanted to fight enchanted bosses because I never got the chance too.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Mario2463 wrote:
Hello everyone and happy February 29th! :-) Anyways: Some people were kind of disappointed at the level 60 and 70 caps, so I was thinking it would be cool if we could choose the specific updates of Wizard101 we wanted to play.

For example: when the log in page appears, there is a button that says choose update. When you click it, it shows the updates of Wizard101 like the update just before Celestia and criticals. Or maybe even the Wysteria update. In the game, I would only see people in the current update that I'm in. This way, people who don't like criticals could enjoy the game like they had a while back.

I think that PvP rank should stay separate in each update. For example: I could be a warlord in the Celestia update, but still be a corporal in the Zafaria update.

Anyways I'll try to expand on this idea some more. I would really enjoy this feature. Hopefully, other people agree with me, and Kingisle comes through with it. Thanks for listening!

No no no no. This wouldn't be good enough. I for one am not a fan of the criticals and blocks, but the point is that one update would be extremely more crowded than the other. And what if you wanna go to zf, but can't because you don't like criticals. I am sorry but never ever going to happen. There aren't enough players to do this. And it would get confusing.

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
There is a wizard101 U.K version that only goes up to level 60 so far.

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
I don't think that this would have any point. If you want to play before the Celestia and critial update, go to Dragonspyre, get some Grandmaster and lower equipment and fight bosses there.I also think that it would be a large waste of Kingsisle's time. Sorry but I just don't like the idea.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Or just play though DragonSprye and call it a wrap on your own, this usually happens around level 50 - pre critical and then start another wizard.

I personally am not interested in Celestia, Wintertusk or Zafaria due to the level of game play it is and I have seriously been thinking of doing just though DragonSprye with any future wizards.

I went all the way though with my Life, Death and am now sitting idle in Zafari with my Storm while I play a lower level Myth I made. I play pretty well and did not really have many problems, I mainly solo due to lack of friends I help but they are not available to help me, it's just that all the strategy to get though fights becomes more then what I originally joined the game for. My husband is now playing and he no where near has the level of experience needed to get though the upper worlds as were most all of the friends I had made on my first wizard.