Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Equipment stats

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
I am new to the game, and am wondering if someone can tell me whether equipping an item that has the icon from another school is beneficial? I have not found if it generates defense towards that school or if it is intended for someone trained in that school of magic.

Im balance. Will equipping items with the fire icon increase my fire defense?

Thanks

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
ghawiii wrote:
I am new to the game, and am wondering if someone can tell me whether equipping an item that has the icon from another school is beneficial? I have not found if it generates defense towards that school or if it is intended for someone trained in that school of magic.

Thanks

depends on your balance's deck
balance uses all kinds of damage and equiping items that boosts other schools CAN be benifictial
like wearing a robe that boosts balance damage but also has a boost to fire
now use a balance attack with fire in its hits
example hydra or spectral blast when blast goes into fire

if ya mean ones with a 'school icon' only those can only be worn by that school

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
ghawiii wrote:

Thanks

Items for other schools can not be equipped to your wizard, they are usually grayed out, later on in the game you can choose multiple school gear but that mainly is for those who have chosen secondary schools.

You are on the right track though with checking out gear stats as later in the game they will become very important as the worlds, mainly after Mooshu become more difficult to fight in.