Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Points & XP!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
Hi everyone. First time poster here. "Noob" wizard i guess you could say. Since i started playing 101 i tend to follow the story more than go on quests just to complete them. Needless to say i am a Level 49 Master Pyromancer in Dragonspyre and i haven't finished GH let alone even know Wintertusk existed. Lets not even count all the Zeke's quests that i've bypassed or finding those books in, mooshu, marleybone (Kensington). My question is this. If i waited till i reached Level 50. Then went back to the beginning and completed all the quests back up to DS. Will my XP and TP suffer because i went back down? Now i know XP in those quests are a little lower but some of the older posts i read. It seems as if theres a ceiling of sorts once you reach or get closer to lvl 50.. Thanks for you response;)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
The level cap is level 70, so you have a long way to go.

As far as the quests, especially the quests from prospector zeke, which give you a training point, yes, you most definitely should go back and complete these.

The other quests, like books and such, these are mainly for xp and badges, so it depends on what you are after.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
jack347m wrote:
Hi everyone. First time poster here. "Noob" wizard i guess you could say. Since i started playing 101 i tend to follow the story more than go on quests just to complete them. Needless to say i am a Level 49 Master Pyromancer in Dragonspyre and i haven't finished GH let alone even know Wintertusk existed. Lets not even count all the Zeke's quests that i've bypassed or finding those books in, mooshu, marleybone (Kensington). My question is this. If i waited till i reached Level 50. Then went back to the beginning and completed all the quests back up to DS. Will my XP and TP suffer because i went back down? Now i know XP in those quests are a little lower but some of the older posts i read. It seems as if theres a ceiling of sorts once you reach or get closer to lvl 50.. Thanks for you response;)

As far as I know the experience earned would remain the same for the back quests as it was when you first could of taken them. Personally if you have done with out them thus far going back maybe a waste of time unless at the end of Zafaria you wanted something to do in each world. Since I do not use the training points on my wizards for any secondary school spells that don't enhance my primary ones I to have skipped some Zeke and book quests also. I tend to do everything up until DragonSprye then in Celestia just do the main story line since it's not my favorite world and as long as I get to certain levels don't really care to do everything there, bouncing back and forth to Wintertusk helps level you up.

Finishing Grizzlehiem then entering Wintertusk is only important if you want to complete your level 58 pet quest or for me also craft the gear there. I usually do Celestia until level 55 and hop over to Wintertusk and follow the main story line by the time I get to the area for the pet quest I am level 58.