Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Suggestions for PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
Hello!
I wanted to make this post because of a few things that have rather ... Bothered me in the PvP arena.

I am a level 70 Necromancer, and I receive allot of insults for being my own school after losing a Ranked PvP match, preferably a 1v1. Whenever I attempt to rank up in Ranked PvP, I am always beaten due to overpowered Storm, Ice, Myth, Fire, and sometimes Life wizards. I know it sounds all like a complaint, which partially it is, but I think people need to realize just how ... Cheap ... They are being.

Note; I won't go over every school in this post, only two of them.

Storm's fighting tactics are to annihilate the enemy as fast as possible, mainly using Wild Bolt, Insane Bolt, or if it's a 2v2 or 3v3, 4v4, and they are against you, they may use Sirens, Tempest, and Storm Lord.

Hear me out; Diviners are strong, yes, but they literally take total advantage of this gift of strength and power they get for choosing the school they are in (Storm), and use it to rather ... Annoying ... Potential. The reason I am saying this is because Storm can just use a Wild Bolt or two on the very first or second round of a 1v1 ranked Duel if they are first, get a critical, ALONG with their +60%, +70%, +80%, +90% damage boost, and just literally, unfairly destroy anyone if it gets the 1,000. I think this is unfair.

So here is my first suggestion; Counter attacking.
Basically, the goal is like the Dance game, only at a faster pace. The player being hit by any attack with a critical needs to press a sequence of arrows in order to block the critical or the attack itself, the same can also apply to regular combat with monsters.
If the player being hit completes the sequence, the attack can either be canceled, the critical can be blocked, or it can backfire on it's caster. There is a 1/3 chance for each.
This can only work in the first 1-5 rounds of combat in a duel so it isn't power abused if there ARE that many rounds. Not just any time.
Now, Fire. Fire's tactic is to cause the enemy damage either over time, steal their charms and reducing the opponent's attack power level (Efreet of course). Fire is a strong school, but alike Storm, can be very irritating in combat.
Efreet can be a burden when used against you, and it's attack lowering charm is the burden in itself, which should be able to be reduced via a counter effect.
Suggestion #2: Reducing spell side effects.
The goal of this is just like a critical block, it is a statistic, but starts at 25% at Corporal, then goes up to 50% at Sergeant, 75% at Captain, then 100% at WarLord.
The effect of the statistic basically reduces any negative spell effect. Example; Virulent Plague. At Corporal, -25% would take away 10% of the Virulent Plague's effect, making it -30% attack damage. Same goes for Efreet's -90% Weakness. At Sergeant, -50% would take away 50% of the side effect, making it -40%, at Captain, -15%, at WarLord, -5%.
Same goes for things like Dr. Von's Monster healing charm, The -50% Healing charm, even Global spells.

Hope you like the suggestions! I know it probably won't be added into the initial game, but it's a suggestion at least.

Monica DaisyTail, Level 70 Necromancer.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
This is entirely a complaint. Sorry but I disagree with all things posted here.