Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I'm so hairy!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 02, 2009
When I made my W101 account I accidentally chose the wrong hair. Now, at level 70, I don't want to start over. I was thinking that there could be a hairstylist in the Shopping District that lets you change your hair for 100 gold. Please consider.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
rtdv wrote:
When I made my W101 account I accidentally chose the wrong hair. Now, at level 70, I don't want to start over. I was thinking that there could be a hairstylist in the Shopping District that lets you change your hair for 100 gold. Please consider.
just make a new character.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Defender
May 29, 2011
hanable33 wrote:
rtdv wrote:

He said he didnt wanna make a new character, and honestly, I think you should be able tochnge your face for an amount of 100 crowns, not gold. Cause I'm stuck with this nasty face and its been killing me ever since. Making a new character is too much trouble just for a new face.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
rtdv wrote:

sry but people rely on that to tell same name different people characters apart
like say my friend was named luke
o and i have another named luke

one luke has blue hair
other has red hair

see if they could change the hair
luke could make his hair red
and other luke could make his hair blue

then i will be left wondering which luke is who

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
mkt3 wrote:
hanable33 wrote:
rtdv wrote:

He said he didnt wanna make a new character, and honestly, I think you should be able tochnge your face for an amount of 100 crowns, not gold. Cause I'm stuck with this nasty face and its been killing me ever since. Making a new character is too much trouble just for a new face.

You guys aren't getting how characters are actually made. When your character is made, ALL of the data is saved into KI's computer system. That's how they can access ALL of your stuff, see what rewards you got, see your EXACT stats, see your level, and see your wizard's name.

Explorer
Jan 17, 2012
I suspect it is also to prevent impersonations.

If one character named Wolf Wildstorm was really good at making friends, and getting people to invite him to teams and such, another Wolf Wildstorm about the same level who isn't that good could simply imitate him by changing their face, hair, and clothes.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Did you like the hair at first? I can't think of any reason to keep a wizard for seventy levels when you see that the commons has no hair stylist. If you were afraid to lose a crown item you could have mad a new wizard first then passed the crown gear to the new wizard and deleted the hairy one.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2008
many people have asked for that, i personally dont mind about my hair, its clear KI wont make a hair stylist, it just tears away from the game entirely.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2009
MaxDeGroot wrote:
I suspect it is also to prevent impersonations.

If one character named Wolf Wildstorm was really good at making friends, and getting people to invite him to teams and such, another Wolf Wildstorm about the same level who isn't that good could simply imitate him by changing their face, hair, and clothes.

he could do that anyway by making a new character. It would take a long time but it's still possible. And don't underestimate the determination of one who is set to decive others for gain, or laughs, no matter how small. Some people just have too much time on their hands it seems.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
When I created all my wizards, I took my time to decide exactly what I wanted for looks, including the 'twins' (one girl, one boy).

When my husband created his, I swear the facial features make him look constipated (that pinched squinty look) .... LOL

So, when creating a new wizard, take the time to choose what you want, as that will be the wizard you'll have for the entire game (unless you delete them).

:)

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
grvy123 wrote:
rtdv wrote:

sry but people rely on that to tell same name different people characters apart
like say my friend was named luke
o and i have another named luke

one luke has blue hair
other has red hair

see if they could change the hair
luke could make his hair red
and other luke could make his hair blue

then i will be left wondering which luke is who

You should be able to tell apart friends by their personalities, i mean even if their appearences are almost simuliar, or different i can always tell a friend from my experiences with them.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
QueQueg wrote:
When I created all my wizards, I took my time to decide exactly what I wanted for looks, including the 'twins' (one girl, one boy).

When my husband created his, I swear the facial features make him look constipated (that pinched squinty look) .... LOL

So, when creating a new wizard, take the time to choose what you want, as that will be the wizard you'll have for the entire game (unless you delete them).

:)

LOL.

That's the one my man picked for his first wizard... never thought of it that way but, after reading that description, I laughed so hard my face hurt!

To the OP: I gave Tavia (my Life wiz) billowy green hair, which I liked at first, but have slowly grown to hate. She's level 31 now, so I could still delete her without losing much, but I like her, otherwise.

I like your idea, but KI probably won't go for it (it's a good money-generator for them, but would probably require a huge overhaul, system-wise); therefore, I have accepted that Tav and I will likely spend the rest of our days together looking for hats that cover up her hideous mop. :P