Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

luck, or mercy?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 06, 2011
i'm a master thaumaturge, and I've fought malistaire three times. every time he never cast a spell stronger than banshee. his minions weren't doing much of anything either. not one of them used any type of drain spell. i found it quite odd seeing as how everyone is complaining about how hard malistaire is. In fact,the elephants in the great spire were harder. for me, malistaire was a whiz. was he easy for anyone else?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:
i'm a master thaumaturge, and I've fought malistaire three times. every time he never cast a spell stronger than banshee. his minions weren't doing much of anything either. not one of them used any type of drain spell. i found it quite odd seeing as how everyone is complaining about how hard malistaire is. In fact,the elephants in the great spire were harder. for me, malistaire was a whiz. was he easy for anyone else?

I have been in this instance many times, I find the Malistaire instance to be long, drawn out and depending on who I am in there with difficult. What came easy for some does not for all.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I have yet to find this battle challenging in any possible way, be it solo or otherwise. It is the only thing I find truly lacking in this game, the awe powerful mighty Malistaire is absolutely no challenge. I mean, mobs in celestia provide more challenge than malistaire does. The only thing Malistaire has, is health oooh ahhhh, so scary! Yawn

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
brickhead12 wrote:

Well, I swear that is luck. When I fought him, with 4 friends dying to get hit, he focuses on me. So I focused on him. His minions were childs play. My buddy beat them up with one vampire. Yea, vampire. Each. I told my friends I wanna go all out on Malistare on my own. So they sat there and passed every round. Occasionally they would cast random shields on everyone except me. I wanted to fight him on my own. He crow a lot, and my friends have all these death and tower and absorb shields and they take about 5 damage. I take about, having no shields and he has millions of blades and traps, take about 2500 damage. Thankfully I was life. I had more health then practically all my friends, COMBINED. They all wear awful gear with awful health benefits. So there I was, taking tons of hits from Malistare while my friends were sitting there practically sitting on a nice relaxing beach chair, drinking some lemonade or something in one of those fancy cups with the umbrella in it. They said thats what they were doing at home. I knew them IRL so, we do that a lot. One even left his game running on his laptop and came over to my house. Crazy people. He pretended to be AFK. Then they all did. I called them up and said hey why the long time they said taking a break. I did all the work. Ok, super long post about practically nothing, so I gonna conclude this. HE. WAS. INSANE. Cya next post! (If KI doesn't ban me for this long post about my personal time killing Malistare ) Heheheheh