Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nerfed Henchmen

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
Ok so I haven't played in a little while, re join, become a member and go to take over where I left off with getting my Forest Lord spell. Problem, There was no way I could do it without paying for a henchmen, so I put in money get a major mana potion and run into the fight, I took it that it would just add 500 mana to my already full mana pot... This is not the case. Go into the fight and I have the same mana I normally have just a mostly EMPTY pot, did not notice till I had brought my lvl 60 Death Henchmen. Since the boss is life I figured a Death henchmen would be the best to get....... he was dead in 4 round's. So just before he died I got a Ice henchmen, he taunts till he is nearly dead and I would have to use my limited mana to heal him instead of being able to actually attack the boss, he NEVER attacked just like the Death henchmen did. My Rank 1 Forest Sprite minion card pop's up and she spends all her time Healing the Ice henchmen while I attack the boss. Then after I used one of my storm card's I got the boss nearly dead, My rank 1 minion then hit's the boss with a leprechaun and kills the boss, THEN the Ice henchmen attacked, for the first time the whole time and pulled out a ice giant, kinda pointless after my rank 1 fairy killed it first. my point, My rank 1 forest sprite minion should not be more use then a lvl 60 henchmen that I paid 200 crowns for. Also since the Mana potion is timed you should not have to wast part of your timed item running around filling it up. These things make me realize why I stopped playing before because of how much money it takes to get anywhere even after you pay for monthly membership. :x :x :x :x :x :x

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
o0Pj0o wrote:
Ok so I haven't played in a little while, re join, become a member and go to take over where I left off with getting my Forest Lord spell. Problem, There was no way I could do it without paying for a henchmen, so I put in money get a major mana potion and run into the fight, I took it that it would just add 500 mana to my already full mana pot... This is not the case. Go into the fight and I have the same mana I normally have just a mostly EMPTY pot, did not notice till I had brought my lvl 60 Death Henchmen. Since the boss is life I figured a Death henchmen would be the best to get....... he was dead in 4 round's. So just before he died I got a Ice henchmen, he taunts till he is nearly dead and I would have to use my limited mana to heal him instead of being able to actually attack the boss, he NEVER attacked just like the Death henchmen did. My Rank 1 Forest Sprite minion card pop's up and she spends all her time Healing the Ice henchmen while I attack the boss. Then after I used one of my storm card's I got the boss nearly dead, My rank 1 minion then hit's the boss with a leprechaun and kills the boss, THEN the Ice henchmen attacked, for the first time the whole time and pulled out a ice giant, kinda pointless after my rank 1 fairy killed it first. my point, My rank 1 forest sprite minion should not be more use then a lvl 60 henchmen that I paid 200 crowns for. Also since the Mana potion is timed you should not have to wast part of your timed item running around filling it up. These things make me realize why I stopped playing before because of how much money it takes to get anywhere even after you pay for monthly membership. :x :x :x :x :x :x

lesson learned
have potion rdy before buying mana elixer
and never use minions without research

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
grvy123 wrote:

lesson learned

When I used to play the henchmen where fantastic this is why I purchased one as I had tried the boss a couple of time's and failed, remembered how they used to be and did not figure they would of stuffed them up so much. The Mana potion is a lesson learned, I will not purchases a timed item that I have to wast some of the time with filling the pot up. If they had not nurfed them up I would see it worth paying for them, and I am sure there are a few people out there like that so it would be in there best interest to fix the henchmen.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
o0Pj0o wrote:
grvy123 wrote:

lesson learned

When I used to play the henchmen where fantastic this is why I purchased one as I had tried the boss a couple of time's and failed, remembered how they used to be and did not figure they would of stuffed them up so much. The Mana potion is a lesson learned, I will not purchases a timed item that I have to wast some of the time with filling the pot up. If they had not nurfed them up I would see it worth paying for them, and I am sure there are a few people out there like that so it would be in there best interest to fix the henchmen.

There are others that are upset with the changes of the lvl 50, 60, and 70 henchmen. Below is the link to one topic in Ravenwood Commons:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/43213.ftl

And here are 2 more links on this subject on Wizard101 Central.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239984

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251285

Many, including myself would like to see the human henchmen back at the original crowns cost instead of the newer, more costly ones that really don't work that well. There are a lot of us that can't afford to spend that many crowns on something that only lasts for one battle plus not really being of much help. They look more like minions.

Explorer
Mar 24, 2011
o0Pj0o wrote:
well the newer minions are programmed to do less attacking and more of the hits being taken.