Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fondest Memory of Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Mine is way back when I first joined when nobody knew what to do because everyone was a "noob". Those times were simple and uncomplicated by rated PvP (or even practice, there was just a battle arena in the arena which people had to join asap to get into, and then dance around the middle of it when we didn't get in =P), critical hits, there was a lot of fun lower level gear that gave spell cards (I had a level 5 hat that gave sunbird and boots that gave me sprite which I used for my Storm wizard) and, people were constantly trying to figure out what was behind the waterfall in WC (for the longest time most people thought the death school was in the haunted caves in Triton Alley). Everything was casual; I like the simple times.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I have a lot of fond memories. A lot involve making friends, getting that new spell, and epic wins in the Arena.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Zezick wrote:
Mine is way back when I first joined when nobody knew what to do because everyone was a "noob". Those times were simple and uncomplicated by rated PvP (or even practice, there was just a battle arena in the arena which people had to join asap to get into, and then dance around the middle of it when we didn't get in =P), critical hits, there was a lot of fun lower level gear that gave spell cards (I had a level 5 hat that gave sunbird and boots that gave me sprite which I used for my Storm wizard) and, people were constantly trying to figure out what was behind the waterfall in WC (for the longest time most people thought the death school was in the haunted caves in Triton Alley). Everything was casual; I like the simple times.

i got several but this is one that i will always remember and treasure for my whole life

i was in cyclops lane and was just helping a friend when i saw this really high powered wizard level60 wizard
i asked if she could help me with a few quests
she was like no prob
and after helping me we started chatting more and more and we
became best friends

her name is Sabrina spellcaster and even though i havent been seeing her recently since she said she started a new game called perfect world jade dynasty i still am waiting for her to log on so we can pvp together and quest together

sigh the good old days
btw her nickname was Saber because she just slashes all the way up the worlds so fast its like a sword going through water and it makes since with her character name Sabrina aka Saber

Sabrina spellcaster if your reading this plz come back i miss you

Survivor
Jul 07, 2011
Zezick wrote:
My fondest memory was when I finally beat Zafaria [which was only a couple of days ago]. There was only a few fights but it was a while before I won. It was actually a little easy.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
I totally agree Zezick, i can tell by when you joined (it says in 2008) that you have played for awhile too. Anyway those were the good old days where lvl 15s could get stormzilla from a robe :P. So calm, i miss those days now that you bring them up.

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 Fire

See you in the spiral!

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
Zezick wrote:

I enjoyed the game more before they made criticals, and raised the cap to 60. Now, the game is mostly about luck and not skill.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Mine was back in them days too.

It was after about a few hours of my trial, when I subscribed, and officially began my journey on my storm wizard.

I knew of nothing, questing never bothered me, and every time I learned a new spell I was like "Yay!"

The most fun of all was when I took my very first test, starting the trial, that grouped me as a Storm wizard.

In general, I think my very first playthrough was just fun. I remember back when every quest and dungeon was completed, having found the hidden boss "Yukai," farming for the sword from Jade Oni, and at 45, 46 starting the long desperate grind to level 50. Where training points were unable to be bought back, before there was pet training with pet snacks, before all them bells and whistles now. I had met one of my best friends during that time, who played even longer than me.

There were no such things as mobs with criticals, mobs with power pips, no such thing as cheating bosses that made things teeth grindingly difficult.
Back then, the game was so darn 'easy' and casual, I would gladly get rid of all new content and revert back to the 2008 Wizard101. Best times.

What eventually got me bored enough to take a good long break from wizard101 was the mindnumbing, mindless quests after quests whenever I played another wizard.

Champion
May 03, 2011
When I first began playing with my son (he was here first), and we both got to Dragonspyre for the first time. We ran around like crazy, entranced by the look of the place (and scary monsters with tons of health). It was kind of magical, that first day. A real mother-and-son adventure!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I joined while Celestia was in the works and out by the time I got my wizard to that level.

I like the low level stress free game play, which is what I actually started the game for, anything past Mooshu becomes head banging for me. I have been considering ending game with my future wizards with DragonSprye. Currently have 2 wizards though the game and am just not interested in playing the 3rd one I finally got into Zafaria.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2009
Oh wow I could probably think of a lot. One of my earliest memories of playing the game was fighting the kraken in Triton Avenue and seeing someone cast a stormzilla. I was amazed and thought it was the coolest thing.

Another is meeting my best friend in the game. I was sitting in the world tree listening to people talk, (whenever I'm bored I just sit around and listen lol) and she added me as her friend and asked me what I was doing. When I told her I was listening to the people talk she told me that was what she was doing too. I seriously thought I was the only one who did that for some reason so I was really suprised lol. Now we're alomst always hanging around somewhere listening if we're bored.

~Fiona Roseheart~

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Just after Beta ended and I made it to Marleybone :) Ahhh, nostalgia.

Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Shiningfantasia wrote:
Mine was back in them days too.

It was after about a few hours of my trial, when I subscribed, and officially began my journey on my storm wizard.

I knew of nothing, questing never bothered me, and every time I learned a new spell I was like "Yay!"

The most fun of all was when I took my very first test, starting the trial, that grouped me as a Storm wizard.

In general, I think my very first playthrough was just fun. I remember back when every quest and dungeon was completed, having found the hidden boss "Yukai," farming for the sword from Jade Oni, and at 45, 46 starting the long desperate grind to level 50. Where training points were unable to be bought back, before there was pet training with pet snacks, before all them bells and whistles now. I had met one of my best friends during that time, who played even longer than me.

There were no such things as mobs with criticals, mobs with power pips, no such thing as cheating bosses that made things teeth grindingly difficult.
Back then, the game was so darn 'easy' and casual, I would gladly get rid of all new content and revert back to the 2008 Wizard101. Best times.

What eventually got me bored enough to take a good long break from wizard101 was the mindnumbing, mindless quests after quests whenever I played another wizard.

What I woul give for those days again. You summed my thoughts about this topic up so well.

Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

See you in the spiral!

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
I remember when PvP was actually fun! The Critical system ruined PvP on my opinion.

Those where the days each school was well balanced, now days anyone can do as much damage as Storm wizards, and anyone can heal as fast a Life wizards.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
I have a memory like that, I met a level 50 wizard in Unicorn Way (as soon as I started the game he became my friend) he added me (we both have no text chat) and he has been on my best friend list for at least 2 months and now hes never on because he must have started a new wizard or something. His name was Nathan Earthwhisperer he made it too Zafaria and now hes never on anymore (my name is Steven Pearlgem) I really miss times when I helped him battle and help him do quests.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2010
When I met my dear friend Madison.
I was walking in Mooshu, as a level 18 or something. Not sure, I was following someone who I deleted soon after. The guy I followed lost me. Of course, like always, careless me got into a battle. Since I was more of a noob than I am now, I would have had treasure cards to finish the deal. But I got a new deck and forgot to equip it.
Dun dun dun dah! A level 30 something girl who called herself Madison came to the rescue. I yelled "Help, help! My deck is gone o. o" When was this, 2010? 11? I lived.
She is life. I am pretty sure she was level 37. She is a great friend. Best I have ever had!
Ok I know I am still a really low level, but my computer broke for like a year so I couldn't get on. "Tear"
About: Madison Transcended Level 70 Theurgist
By: Allison UnicornStone Magus Level 33 Theurgist
May the force be with you

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
My favorite memories are the times when I told my best friend I would be right there, log on to my little alts, and play them. The looks on their faces .. :P
My favorite was when a friend was allllmost dead, fighting Chronius is DragonSpyre. So I go off, get my level 3 life, and I port in. I healed her to about half way, and she destroyed the dragon. I got yelled at for five minutes, and she got the wraith amulet.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I have 2 fondest memorys.
1:The old days of pets and having no mounts
2:Beating all of the worls (well not since I am in cl still XD )

Defender
Jul 27, 2009
My fondest memory has to do with the time i spent with Hunter DragonThief he was and still is my best friend i ever had on that game he matched up to some of my irl best friends. If you read this please play again....